Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:45:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season Ticket Pricing Structure  (Read 19194 times)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Re: Season Ticket Pricing Structure
« Reply #90 on March 21, 2017, 09:13:05 pm by mrfrostsdad »
the £10 membership is for non-st holders :facepalm:

A full adult ticket is then £17 per game..

A few years ago in the Championship that same ticket was £27, no discount..

But will tickets on the day still be the same. Can't see south stand only being £20 with potential of some 3-4K away followings. We have to charge the same in the north stand

Can't see many away teams bringing 3-4000. Rotherham, Scunthorpe if they don't go up via the playoffs. That's about it I think

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on March 21, 2017, 09:14:42 pm by IDM »
the £10 membership is for non-st holders :facepalm:

A full adult ticket is then £17 per game..

A few years ago in the Championship that same ticket was £27, no discount..

But will tickets on the day still be the same. Can't see south stand only being £20 with potential of some 3-4K away followings. We have to charge the same in the north stand
Why not?

If ST prices are the same, why not match day prices?

Either way, as soon as a non-ST holding member goes to 4 games then you start saving..

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on March 21, 2017, 09:29:25 pm by Mac the hooped man »
It seems clear to me that you will never be happy with anything the club do Frost. This thread has already descended into the usual farce. From where I sit it is a pretty simply pricing structure that the club have devised to consider all sections of our fanbase. Sounds good to me, and 30 quid for junior STs is a brilliant offer.

It isn't clear at all.
I don't care either way, I have no intention of buying one.

So why the f#ck are you even on here whining like a bitch!!!!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on March 21, 2017, 09:45:43 pm by idler »
Looking at that they are doing away with the Cat C in the west stand that at present consists of the last block before the west and south stands join.
This is opposite the family section.

There was no Cat C in the west stand this year.
I have sat in G538 for years and that has always been cat C.
That block being the only one. My seat is almost in line with the goal line.

Idler, that stadium map is exactly the same as last years. Therefore no change.
I didn't renew this season knockers so have bought my tickets as and when.
I'm sure that I was always classed as category C prior to not renewing or the previous season but getting my Alliance discount reduced it anyway.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on March 21, 2017, 09:49:11 pm by Mr1Croft »
Whilst it won't entice complete newbies it may entice others back whose season tickets/memberships have lapsed (myself included).

I think the core thing here is the conversion of a fan from Under 16 to full paying adult is ridiculously low, speaking from experience when I was 15 I went with about 20 others my age and now none of us have a season ticket. Even when they introduced the 17-21 ticket the jump to adult was far too big a step for many. The fact that there is now an under 24 Season Ticket should bridge that gap. I'm just furious I turned 25 2 weeks ago!!

I believe there will be more to come on the DNA Card in the coming weeks, there have been some interesting noises coming out about it and rumour has it will work in the same way the purple vouchers does, but rather than carry a book around with you it's a nice credit card size to be more wallet/pocket friendly.

The club's marketing is often attacked for being second rate, yet this strategy and structure is progressive and a huge step in the right direction. A big thumbs up to the board, Gavin, Scully and Mark Hughesman!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on March 21, 2017, 09:55:38 pm by drfchound »
Surely any newbies aren't going to be buying season tickets straight off the bat. This is clearly designed to reward the core fan base and entice those who pick and choose their games. It could be a little clearer but that shouldn't detract from what is a great offer.

Doesn't entice me when I see fans paying £100 less for the same product just because they are 15 years younger. I'll continue to just come as and when. Club loses out. I would have got a season ticket for £199 but they won't get that much out of me on a non-season ticket basis.

How do you feel about older people who will get their tickets for £219 (less 5% if paid next week).

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on March 21, 2017, 09:57:45 pm by idler »
If it's a success then it might encourage even more forward thinking.
I might even buy a season ticket again next season even though I will probably miss a fair few games.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on March 21, 2017, 10:05:31 pm by Dagenham Rover »
personally I won't be renewing this season, I have so far this season missed 9 games all through work, won't be there Sunday for other reasons but this has been pretty average over the last few years, Ive renewed through loyalty whatever you want to call it but its just not worth it anymore.

I'll see what the matchday prices are and consider membership, but if they still did the 10 game ticket thing I'd definitely buy one 

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on March 21, 2017, 11:03:48 pm by 5minstogo »
Surely any newbies aren't going to be buying season tickets straight off the bat. This is clearly designed to reward the core fan base and entice those who pick and choose their games. It could be a little clearer but that shouldn't detract from what is a great offer.

Doesn't entice me when I see fans paying £100 less for the same product just because they are 15 years younger. I'll continue to just come as and when. Club loses out. I would have got a season ticket for £199 but they won't get that much out of me on a non-season ticket basis.

How do you feel about older people who will get their tickets for £219 (less 5% if paid next week).

Yeah and them 😀

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on March 21, 2017, 11:15:13 pm by bpoolrover »
I said earlier in the thread that prices were fair but would not encourage new fans,bit of a re think really and looking at the prices for under 25s I think it is, are very impressive and there the fans they should be trying to get, so for me it's a well done

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on March 22, 2017, 12:36:35 am by andysly »
It seems clear to me that you will never be happy with anything the club do Frost. This thread has already descended into the usual farce. From where I sit it is a pretty simply pricing structure that the club have devised to consider all sections of our fanbase. Sounds good to me, and 30 quid for junior STs is a brilliant offer.

It isn't clear at all.

Best comment of the thread.

allezallezallez

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on March 22, 2017, 07:25:28 am by allezallezallez »
Great prices and some good "packages", if that's your thing. Well done DRFC.  (Personally I don't like rankings based on how much you have spent, but that's miner thing really).

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on March 22, 2017, 07:29:33 am by MrFrost »
Well after a quick look on social media the reaction is very mixed.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on March 22, 2017, 07:31:03 am by Syme »

Is there anything you couldn't say that about?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on March 22, 2017, 07:33:13 am by MrFrost »

Is there anything you couldn't say that about?

??

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on March 22, 2017, 07:36:29 am by Syme »
For someone with a high IQ you do seem to struggle with some quite basic things.

I'm suggesting that for any topic you can think of, social media will always contrive to produce a mixed reaction. So by suggesting the reaction to the DNA thing is mixed, you have in effect added nothing of any worth to the discussion.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on March 22, 2017, 07:46:16 am by MrFrost »
For someone with a high IQ you do seem to struggle with some quite basic things.

I'm suggesting that for any topic you can think of, social media will always contrive to produce a mixed reaction. So by suggesting the reaction to the DNA thing is mixed, you have in effect added nothing of any worth to the discussion.

I think it is you who is unable to grasp what I'm saying.

Just pointing out for those who w**k off at everything the club do and believe everything should be greeted with positivity and bowing at their feet, not everyone shares that viewpoint.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on March 22, 2017, 07:48:02 am by DonnyOsmond »
Re-the bringing in new fans thing. This kind of does, as we're not going to get 40 year old Man Utd "fans" choosing to support us, it's about getting those that age who are Rovers fans to go regularly or get season tickets then make sure the younger generation majority are our fans not another clubs and with the steadier incline we shouldn't lose as many fans as they get older.

Well it's probably assumed someone that age is only just starting out in employment at a low wage, where as someone 15 years older is probably expected to earn a bit more. 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on March 22, 2017, 07:50:41 am by drfchound »
Re-the bringing in new fans thing. This kind of does, as we're not going to get 40 year old Man Utd "fans" choosing to support us, it's about getting those that age who are Rovers fans to go regularly or get season tickets then make sure the younger generation majority are our fans not another clubs and with the steadier incline we shouldn't lose as many fans as they get older.

Well it's probably assumed someone that age is only just starting out in employment at a low wage, where as someone 15 years older is probably expected to earn a bit more.

Probably objects to kids getting reduced prices into theme parks too.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on March 22, 2017, 08:03:50 am by MrFrost »

Not sure how many 20 plus year old get into theme parks for reduced prices.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on March 22, 2017, 08:05:18 am by drfchound »
Who said anything about 20 year olds?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on March 22, 2017, 08:24:04 am by MrFrost »

That's the point the post you were referring to was making.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on March 22, 2017, 08:58:49 am by 5minstogo »

Not at all. Kids below a certain height can't go on all the rides. A 23 year old gets exactly the same product as a 35 year old for £100 less. My disposable income was higher as a 23 year old than it is now.

I understand why the club has done it but just pointing out how you can't please everyone.

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on March 22, 2017, 09:14:20 am by DRFCMach2man »
As a senior STH I am well pleased. I will be there first day to renew for South Stand even getting a 5% discount - great value for a season of home games in League 1. Pleased they have have structured a sensible package for our younger fans. As previous members have said you can't please everyone.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on March 22, 2017, 09:53:21 am by drfchound »
As a senior STH I am well pleased. I will be there first day to renew for South Stand even getting a 5% discount - great value for a season of home games in League 1. Pleased they have have structured a sensible package for our younger fans. As previous members have said you can't please everyone.

Mach2, you will be very unpopular with someone for being a wrinkly (like me) and getting cheaper tickets than standard adult rate.  :coat:

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on March 22, 2017, 10:48:42 am by Belle_Vue »
Back to subject...

£30 is a bargain, we done Rovers! All the way up to 17 when kids are going with their mates from school

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on March 22, 2017, 11:03:33 am by drfchound »

That's the point the post you were referring to was making.

I don't think so actually.
Adult tickets from £299 so £100 less than that refers to 22-24 year olds.
5minstogo will be REALLY pissed off that 20 year olds get in for £160 less than him.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on March 22, 2017, 11:11:56 am by DaveDRFC »
I will probably get my lad one just to get him on the system as a season ticket holder, he's only 3 so unlikely he will go to many games at all.This season he has the free kid's membership that means he can get in for £2 the odd times he goes. My 5% off will pay for half his ticket anyway.

At the moment he likes the idea of going to the Rovers a lot more fun than actually going to the Rovers! He will talk about it all week then if you actually take him he wants to go after 10 minutes.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:16:54 am by DaveDRFC »

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on March 22, 2017, 11:40:07 am by Mac the hooped man »

It isn't clear at all.

its redic, darren, gavin and all the board seem to be going out of their way to bring a feel good factor back to the club, and theres always one who isnt happy!!!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on March 22, 2017, 11:55:41 am by MrFrost »

It isn't clear at all.

its redic, darren, gavin and all the board seem to be going out of their way to bring a feel good factor back to the club, and theres always one who isnt happy!!!

It isn't one though is it?

There are a few on this thread who aren't pleased with it, and plenty more on social media.

But, as per, it is the same ones applauding the clubs every move, and if anyone dare say anything bad about them, they interject with their childish insults behind the safety of their computer screen.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012