Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:29:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Title.  (Read 26384 times)

ballysbackin

Re: The Title.
« Reply #90 on April 21, 2017, 09:52:04 am by ballysbackin »
Yes a conundrum for sure

If he was "stage managing" and we are armed with the right info - you would think he would have gone all out for a win v Blackpool hoping at the same time for a Plymouth "loss".

Title almost done and dusted and then retire Baudry and others and play the less experienced / or those returning from injury

However as they say in American Court dramas " Objection - Calls for speculation" - and so perhaps we will never know for sure

It appears if that is the case and I will not argue it, that he was prepared to lose infront of home fans or so it would appear

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on April 21, 2017, 09:52:37 am by Donnywolf »
I think folks are over analysing.  DF picked a team to try and beat Blackpool, and on the first half performance we should have done so comfortably.

Got to agree - the old cliche - Goals change games springs to mind !

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on April 21, 2017, 09:55:27 am by Donnywolf »
Yes a conundrum for sure

If he was "stage managing" and we are armed with the right info - you would think he would have gone all out for a win v Blackpool hoping at the same time for a Plymouth "loss".

Title almost done and dusted and then retire Baudry and others and play the less experienced / or those returning from injury

However as they say in American Court dramas " Objection - Calls for speculation" - and so perhaps we will never know for sure

It appears if that is the case and I will not argue it, that he was prepared to lose infront of home fans or so it would appear

We will never know but as IDM says he picked a Team he thought could have seen us see off Blackpool and so easily could have done if we had scored early on.

With just 10 men we should have at least got a draw and by god given the events I would have been ecstatic

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on April 21, 2017, 11:19:14 am by Belle_Vue »
People act like Blackpool destroyed us. They didn't, we was the bettet side first half. They look dangerous on the counter attack but we looked like the team most likely to score. It only changed when we went down to 10 men

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on April 21, 2017, 11:52:15 am by Rovers91 »
We will win tomorrow and Colchester will do us a favour and win 2-1 and then we can all relax.

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on April 21, 2017, 03:15:19 pm by Belle_Vue »
Just need to concentrate on ourselves. Win the games and let the other worry and try and play catch-up

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on April 21, 2017, 04:05:24 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Spot on Belle_Vue. We don't need to worry about Plymouth's results, if we win our games they can win all of theirs and get nothing for it.  Whose position would we choose to be in... Ours or Plymouth's?

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on April 21, 2017, 04:51:57 pm by les@donr »
We simply have to match or better Plymouth's results and the Title is ours. I can see it going to the last game.

ballysbackin

« Reply #98 on April 22, 2017, 09:02:18 am by ballysbackin »
Yep Brentford all over again. But without the penalty drama, we know they can score penalties as they did at Keepmoat

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on April 23, 2017, 03:25:52 am by les@donr »
still 2 points ahead, but is it slipping?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on April 23, 2017, 07:48:36 am by PDX_Rover »
It's a funny old game.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on April 23, 2017, 09:06:07 am by RedJ »
It's absolutely sickening, but it would be the most Rovers thing ever to blow it.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on April 23, 2017, 09:09:49 am by tommy toes »
It won't be the end of the world if we get gubbed on the line. We did it to Bournemouth and they haven't done too badly since.
I just hope Lincs collects on one of his bets!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:22:50 am by tommy toes »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on April 23, 2017, 09:16:21 am by Donnywolf »
....aye and Brentford themselves aint done bad either since then have they ?

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on April 23, 2017, 10:30:11 am by southwestexile »
Or Hullz

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on April 23, 2017, 10:35:52 am by RedJ »
Don't really think football works like that...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on April 23, 2017, 05:41:40 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Those clubs have had a fair bit of money anyway. The only club that could do as well as them would be Portsmouth out of the three currently going up. We should be aiming to be like Barnsley, signing young players from lower leagues and developing players in our youth team, we can't sign ready made players for a couple of million. We would kind of be a selling club but developing and selling off for a profit hasn't done Barnsley, Southampton, Ajax too bad, they've all progressed from it.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on April 25, 2017, 01:03:28 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It would be a major disappointment and Fergie would get fingers pointed at him if we ended up second. When things are going well that's when i worry with Fergie last season his mind wandered beyond a game at a time and i think he's done it again.
If we didn't win it he wouldn't have failed promotion was always number one and he has dealt well with many different situations there have just been times where we could have pulled away from the others and little decisions by him and a few errors from the players have meant it's still very tight.
 In a way it does the manager  a favour because expectations would have been through the roof if we had walked it i still think there's time to win it quite comfortably because Plymouth know how to mess up as we do. Whatever happens from now well done to the manager and lads for achieving what they have.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on April 25, 2017, 07:11:34 am by knockers »
Pompey are 25/1 In a three horse race!

ballysbackin

« Reply #109 on April 25, 2017, 10:12:44 am by ballysbackin »
Been on Plymouth site and they are bemoaning the fact  that they have Mr Kettle on Saturday, all bad comments except a few good ones that Mr K upset Sarren Ferguson earlier in the season and that has made some happy. Well DRFC Players it is up to you. It says on the OS from Coppinger that the players are up for the fight, has anyone tried opening that thread ??????

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on April 25, 2017, 10:21:44 am by balbyrover »
Pompey are 25/1 In a three horse race!

Rightly so. They need a huge swing in results to win the league.
2 points and they can't catch us.

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on April 25, 2017, 10:54:50 am by PopStander »
Saturday will show if the players are bothered or not. It has to be 3 points, a loss and we've thrown it all away!!

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on April 25, 2017, 11:56:16 am by DRFCMach2man »
Fully agree Popstander - beating Exeter is a must that will then need us only needing a point at Hartlepool to clinch the title irrespective what Plymouth do - if they win both they will not overturn a probable 9 goal difference. It really is ours to lose but the Exeter game will make or break our season IMHO.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on April 25, 2017, 12:10:57 pm by drfc1951 »
I thought beating Mansfield and gaining promotion made our season, not going up as champions will not break our season.

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on April 25, 2017, 12:13:03 pm by PopStander »
Promotion was always the aim, but having been top since December no one can say it's acceptable to loose it at the end

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on April 25, 2017, 12:31:37 pm by Mac the hooped man »
We simply have to match or better Plymouth's results and the Title is ours. I can see it going to the last game.

have u not seen pompey coming in like a steam train on the rails!!!!!  they arnt out of it yet!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on April 25, 2017, 12:33:45 pm by idler »
Beat Exeter on Saturday and Portsmouth are out of it even if they win.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on April 25, 2017, 01:00:40 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Too few games for Portsmouth. They've been the best team in the second half of the season though.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on April 25, 2017, 01:51:24 pm by balbyrover »
Too few games for Portsmouth. They've been the best team in the second half of the season though.

We were brilliant when we beat them though. One of our best performances this season overall i thought.
Its between us and Plymouth.

ballysbackin

« Reply #119 on April 25, 2017, 02:17:47 pm by ballysbackin »
Promotion was always the aim, but having been top since December no one can say it's acceptable to loose it at the end

Now YOU are on the same wavelength as me, It would be disastrous

TinyPortal © 2005-2012