Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:45:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Conor Grant - will he, won't he?  (Read 8456 times)

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
Re: Conor Grant - will he, won't he?
« Reply #30 on April 15, 2017, 06:57:02 pm by Susan Abbott »
....sign permanently for Rovers now we are promoted?
It wouldn't bother me if he didn't sign ,I don't think he's that special. His passing is poor , he seldom wins tackles without conceding free kicks and his over all effect on a game is average . He is no strangers to the Rovers and should by now be influential on games yet he is per trade as a game changer and is over rated IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 15, 2017, 08:06:29 pm by Jonathan »
Has it in his locker to develop into a very good footballer. He has excellent technique, sometimes he needs to do more and exert more influence on a game but I'd look to sign him without question. He'll develop and only get better.

I think he will sign too.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 15, 2017, 08:47:07 pm by graingrover »
The kind of guy that DF could nurture to become a very good pro with a successful career in the top divisions . He certainly appears to have the character for it .. aware of his own value and pedigree but far from getting pretentious about things. Coming through the ranks at Everton has given him the right attitudes.I also hope he stays .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 15, 2017, 08:59:38 pm by Campsall rover »
Playing in his natural position in the second half he was sensational,together with Tommy Rowe.Thats the problem with both of them they are being played out of position to accommodate inferior players.Tommy is a 10 Grant is a midfield play maker on the left.We dominated the second half when   they played there.
    I wonder if the Argentinian manager ever thought of playing Maradona at left wing back like we do with Rowe.
Spot on Brian, they both played in their best positions in the second half yesterday and they were outstanding. Colchester were totally outplayed in the second half.
If DF had played Blair, Rowe, and Grant in there best positions all season we would have been crowned CHAMPIONS probably 2/3 weeks ago.
Problem is we haven't had a proper left back all season hence square pegs in round holes.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 15, 2017, 09:09:24 pm by drfchound »
A pal of mine who had never been to a Rovers match came to see us at home to Plymouth.
Interestingly, after the game he reckoned that Grant and Copps were our best two players.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 15, 2017, 09:09:48 pm by Campsall rover »
....sign permanently for Rovers now we are promoted?
It wouldn't bother me if he didn't sign ,I don't think he's that special. His passing is poor , he seldom wins tackles without conceding free kicks and his over all effect on a game is average . He is no strangers to the Rovers and should by now be influential on games yet he is per trade as a game changer and is over rated IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You obviously didn't see his second half performance yesterday.
He has been playing on the right of a 3 in the midfield don't forget and he is a left midfielder.
Have you forgotten all those outstanding performances last season. That ability does not suddenly disappear. He needs to play in his best position along side other players who are playing also in their best positions.
I for one hope he does sign for us as he will be a major player for us next season.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 16, 2017, 09:27:09 am by bedale rover »
Grant is the strongest least easily knocked off the ball player we have

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 16, 2017, 11:43:52 am by roversontheup »
Grant is the strongest least easily knocked off the ball player we have
I think Rowe would get my vote for that.....unless it's in the box😏

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 16, 2017, 12:38:47 pm by RoversAlias »
Grant's second half showing at Colchester was probably the best he's played this season. He took the initiative and drove forward whenever he could, demonstrating guile and skill. Where has this been for the last three months? He could be a great player for us but I wouldn't want him to come in for a decent fee and then continue to play as he has this season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 16, 2017, 12:59:09 pm by Campsall rover »
Grant's second half showing at Colchester was probably the best he's played this season. He took the initiative and drove forward whenever he could, demonstrating guile and skill. Where has this been for the last three months? He could be a great player for us but I wouldn't want him to come in for a decent fee and then continue to play as he has this season.
I repeat what I have said in a previous post. Connor Grant has been playing on the wrong side of the pitch. 2nd half against Colchester we had round pegs in round holes.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 16, 2017, 07:07:10 pm by phil old leake »
Maybe grant is consistently good rarely crap or outstanding.   Is that not better than someone who plays when they want.  I thought that we  missed him when he was out. I believe we have worse players than him who will be playing next season.  Bring it on and sign him

Jacktherover87

« Reply #41 on November 22, 2017, 06:54:24 pm by Jacktherover87 »
I would love to see Grant back in Jan. We’re missing someone of his proven quality at this level to create chances and score goals. He loved his spells here too.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on November 22, 2017, 11:38:46 pm by dickos1 »
He's currently struggling in league 2

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 23, 2017, 12:04:56 am by RedJ »
I would love to see Grant back in Jan. We’re missing someone of his proven quality at this level to create chances and score goals. He loved his spells here too.

Aye, I'd love turning up to a job where I'm guaranteed to be given preferential treatment and get away with doing f**k all and still picking up a wage...

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 23, 2017, 12:09:16 am by RoversAlias »
He was atrocious last season. Was glad we didn't bother signing him on a permanent deal.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012