Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:32:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Remaining games  (Read 6833 times)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
Re: Remaining games
« Reply #30 on April 22, 2017, 06:01:09 pm by Lesonthewest »
Another late winner for Exeter puts them well in line for the play offs, think they will play for a point next week, another tough one but one we must get at least a point from, really do think we will beat Hartlepool who could now possibly be relegated before we play them. Four points from the 2 games should be enough.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 22, 2017, 06:13:31 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Exeter have Carlisle in the last game and a whole bunch of sides who can catch them, with arguably only Mansfield having a tough game. I think they'd take a draw but will be aiming for a win and that could see them being more open which would suit us.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 22, 2017, 06:27:18 pm by Filo »
We will beat Hartlepool, which puts Portsmouth out of the equation and would mean Plymouth would need to win both games to beat us

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 22, 2017, 09:08:27 pm by BobG »
Im not so sure of Hartlepool If they're already down, the pressure is off. Look at what Rotherham have done since they were relegated. If they need a point or 3 to stay up, they'll play like demons. Look at what York City and Torquay and Newport have been doing.

It won't be an easy game either way. Especially as we seem to have settled for promotion rather than the championship.

BobG

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 23, 2017, 08:36:37 am by dknward2 »
If Hartlepool are down they will be playing for pride which can be worse, Exeter also need to win to make sure they get a play off spot. In short the two hardest games we have played

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 23, 2017, 09:18:37 am by roversdude »
We're making them all hard games at the moment

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 23, 2017, 09:44:53 am by keith79 »
we come 3rd in a 2 horse race. surly not.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 23, 2017, 10:06:11 am by Chris Black come back »
If Hartlepool was a Do or Die game I am afraid that on recent form it would be them doing the Doing and we definitely Dieing. Lost intensity and focus.

pafcprogs

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 23, 2017, 10:24:08 am by pafcprogs »
And Hartlepool have two ex Pilgrims up front....

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 23, 2017, 10:29:30 am by turnbull for england »
we come 3rd in a 2 horse race. surly not.

the Spurs of the north?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 23, 2017, 10:36:40 am by RedJ »
If Hartlepool was a Do or Die game I am afraid that on recent form it would be them doing the Doing and we definitely Dieing. Lost intensity and focus.

The collective arses have fallen out.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 23, 2017, 06:17:29 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Whatever anyone thinks we need to do, the first thing is we need to stop conceding first.  It just gives the opposition the chance to park the bus and waste time and every one of them have done it to good effect.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 23, 2017, 11:28:57 pm by BobG »
Lol Pies. Despite Hounds' rose tinted specs distorting his view of the Rovers defence, it's adequate at best. It's clearly nothing great. Next season it will be found out more of course. Hound, though, doesn't see it like that. I wonder how many times this season we have conceded first?  We need a left back and a tall bully don't we? That or Psycho!

Cheers

BobG

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 24, 2017, 01:49:54 pm by drfchound »
Lol Pies. Despite Hounds' rose tinted specs distorting his view of the Rovers defence, it's adequate at best. It's clearly nothing great. Next season it will be found out more of course. Hound, though, doesn't see it like that. I wonder how many times this season we have conceded first?  We need a left back and a tall bully don't we? That or Psycho!

Cheers

BobG

LOL, I didnt realise how much under your skin i had got.
To coin a phrase, grow up man.

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 24, 2017, 04:17:26 pm by DRFCMach2man »
On a brighter note the Plymouth Forum have the 'Octupus' final league 2 predictions with 2 games left and guess what - he predicts  Plymouth top us second and Portsmouth 3rd. Funny old thing eh - maybe a bit of mind games - the  Octupus predicts we draw our last 2 while Plymouth win theirs.
Don't believe in this sort of stuff BUT - I hope he is wrong!!!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 24, 2017, 04:19:35 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Cheers

BobG

He only said the defence wasn't bad against Blackpool which he isn't wrong about.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 24, 2017, 04:51:38 pm by RedJ »
On a brighter note the Plymouth Forum have the 'Octupus' final league 2 predictions with 2 games left and guess what - he predicts  Plymouth top us second and Portsmouth 3rd. Funny old thing eh - maybe a bit of mind games - the  Octupus predicts we draw our last 2 while Plymouth win theirs.
Don't believe in this sort of stuff BUT - I hope he is wrong!!!

Fans believe their club will win games and title rival won't shocker.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 24, 2017, 06:44:55 pm by foxbat »
I'm quite partial to a bit of octopus when on holiday in spain.
So beating Exeter on saturday should see said seafood in the frying pan.
 :scarf:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 24, 2017, 08:03:27 pm by Donnywolf »
If we beat Devons best Team this Saturday whilst Devons second best Team lose and we are Champions we could remind PAFC with a Plane / Banner that their Octopus has finished behind BB's Crystal Balls

Sure we could think of one or two messages and a bit of crowd funding for the Plane ? It would be Grimsby and it has done Hull in the past so no problem
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:09:18 pm by Donnywolf »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 25, 2017, 12:09:19 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Oh the drama with our fly over Hull when we last won this league  :laugh:

We should discuss this in our secret section. Taking a boat into their harbour would be be the one. Time for the Donny longship to set sail!   :evil:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012