Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:50:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Questionable decisions  (Read 2573 times)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
Questionable decisions
« on April 22, 2017, 04:51:33 pm by esdailles left foot »
2-1 down and we bring on a supposed left back who's been stealing a wage for 2 years and a kid who's not played for 3 months!!!!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Questionable decisions
« Reply #1 on April 22, 2017, 05:22:05 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There's quite alot we can question at the moment. From being on the high of promotion, we've not taken charge of the title race.

It's not over yet but those seeds of doubt about the mental aptitude and desire have crept back in again.

I hope DF can rouse them sufficiently to get over the line otherwise this season is going to finish on a right downer for everyone!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 22, 2017, 05:34:17 pm by steve@dcfd »
2-1 down and we bring on a supposed left back who's been stealing a wage for 2 years and a kid who's not played for 3 months!!!!!!

What it shows when the first eleven / twelve are not playing the others are struggling to step up if they can.

But looking at the tweets our best players had chances to score and did not take them.

The substitutions are questionable but like last week they did not lose us the game.

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 22, 2017, 05:38:57 pm by DRFCMach2man »
Agree Steve we created quite a few chances today but could not convert - not for the first time this season. Pressure squarely on us and it is of our own making - to lose out now would be a mega disappointment -some would say failure.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 22, 2017, 06:09:22 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Or being positive, to not win the title would be a healthy kick up the arse. With the dominance we have and the chances we create in a game, we really need to be a touch more clinical. I'd love us to win the title, and next week as I'll be at the game, but I'd much prefer us to be a threat in League 1.

Next season will be different though. We won't be so dominant and have to crack through such heavy defenses. I think we play better in more open games where there is a bit more space in the other half. Obviously our defense will be more under threat too.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 22, 2017, 06:15:09 pm by Lesonthewest »
Each to their own but I for one won't be overly disappointed not to win the title, yes it would be the icing on the cake but we have achieved what we set out to do this season, win promotion with 5 games to spare, great achievement by everyone. This blip will show Fergie more than anything where we need to strengthen in the summer, that should now be the priority, for what it's worth I still think we will win it like.

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 22, 2017, 06:20:06 pm by DRFCMach2man »
Very fair comments / assessment guys.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 22, 2017, 06:24:48 pm by Rovers91 »
I think not winning the title would be a bit of a disappointing season, we are comfortably the best team in this league and we should be winning it. With the budget and squad we have we were always going to go up when 4 teams go up it would have been a disgrace if we didn't. We have been top for so long to not finish top would be disappointing.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 06:30:35 pm by Rovers91 »

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 22, 2017, 06:45:38 pm by Goole Rover »
Here we go again questioning the manager. Last season after the Crewe game the knockers wanted rid of DF then this season they thought he was the bees knees, for goodness sake the bloke's got us promotion. Personally I would love to win the league but if we don't I will accept that DF and the owners have done a great job.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 22, 2017, 07:03:51 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Even Mourinho, Guardiola and Conte make bad decisions every now and then.

Haxey-Hood-DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 22, 2017, 07:41:28 pm by Haxey-Hood-DRFC »
FFS. We've just won promotion and already there are rumblings that the season would be a big disappointment if we don't win the title. I bet Orient, Rotherham, Chesterfield and Leeds fans would love to be in our position. OK, the last three games have been well below par - but come on, we've had an unbelievable season. For most of it, it's been good, entertaining football. We have the league's top scorer on our books, a very good manager and a great bunch of players. And we're still in pole position to win the title. So show your support at the time when it's needed the most!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 22, 2017, 08:04:13 pm by RoversAlias »

A kid who's not played for 3 months? Funny how descriptions can be twisted to suit your own agenda.

I'm not sure you ever have anything positive to say do you Esdaille? ATS came on to change the shape of the team and whilst it wouldn't have been my move personally, I can see why he did it. Mandeville was in supreme form and has scored some great goals this season so he should always have been coming on when we were chasing the game.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 22, 2017, 09:34:00 pm by ravenrover »
The problem we are now seeing, and what has been the case for a few seasons now, is that we lack strength in depth. How many of "the cavalry" as it was desctribed were fully match fit, how many played having had a little painkiller pre match? We just need that 1 win next week to get us back on course and put my greatest fear, Portsmouth, out of the picture. Plymouth are as inconsistent as we are at the moment so for me 1 win should be enough

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 23, 2017, 07:38:53 am by DRFCMach2man »
Portsmouth have quietly moved up to be in real contention - they could be the ones to spoil ours and Plymouths party - they are getting consistent results at the right time. A win against Exeter is the result we must have to potentially get over the line at Hartlepool. :rtid:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012