Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:59:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ferguson out  (Read 15267 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Ferguson out
« Reply #120 on May 08, 2017, 10:57:02 am by selby »
Sorry guys,as usual I am trying to be jokey and end up being rude and disrespectful.
  Me,I cannot agree with anyone wanting to change our manager at this time,next year will be Fergies test of how far,and if we have improved over his tenure.
  Comparing this years team with last years I am sure he has,the goalkeeping alone should be worth 6 points,and he will be aware of where we have to strengthen.
  Then it comes down to finance, which even in league one we cannot compete with some of of the existing teams, and the two who go up with us, or Luton if they win the playoffs.
   Thats not on the field of play though,and on it and in the backing of the board,and the evolving structure of the club we may be in front of,and in some cases leaving behind some of the teams we will be competing with.
   Recruitment is the key,change the manager and they come in blind,upset behind the scenes with backroom staff,and player upset inevitable.
  It is the wrong time after which has been a great season with the club as a whole seaming to go forward.
  As ever after 10/12 games into the season is the time to evaluate things,even if things are going well,because we cannot be seen to be standing still.Thats the boards job to be on the ball so to speak,to reevaluate at the right time and take action if needed. Lets leave it to them,now is the time to celebrate promotion,project the club and try and get as many people as possible to go to matches next season, and grow the club so we can compete on level terms.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on May 08, 2017, 12:14:38 pm by wilts rover »
Ah Mr Frost and Syme the voices of reason And utter b*llocks.Always a knee jerk reaction without explaining.or giving in depth reasons for the reaction other than a couple of bad  results.
   Every team has them,Cooke at Portsmouth, and the Plymouth manager have both been slaughtered at some point in the last season, and the Exeter manager despite all having great seasons.
  It is the trend of the forums giving a voice to never beens,and before you say it, just like myself,but just try and give better reasons than a few bad results,if this bad run had happened in January and we had recovered to pinch third place on the last day,the mood of everyone would be ecstatic. 
  I dont know about Syme and Mrfrost though they could have committed suicide in January.

This would appear to be more of a knee jerk post to be honest. You clearly haven't read what I've posted.

A bloke who has started a thread calling for the club to sack a manager who won promotion with several games to go is accusing someone else of a 'knee jerk post'. Unbelievable Jeff!

I gave up taking you seriously when you wanted Owen Coyle to replace him. A manager whose winning percentages have gone down with each of the past 5 English clubs he has managed, two of whom have also gone down.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on May 08, 2017, 12:29:49 pm by MachoMadness »
It's not black and white though is it? Why does it have to be a binary choice between "sack the manager" and "don't complain about finishing 3rd when we were 7 points clear with 5 games to go"?

I don't think we should sack Fergie. However for the second season in a row the club appears to have been on the beach at the business end of the season and have paid a heavy price for it. That is hugely concerning, and promotion doesn't change that.

The lackadasical attitude and lack of professionalism his teams show concerns me. The fact this has happened two seasons in a row, with two very different teams, concerns me. The phantom injuries that miraculously disappeared after promotion was sealed concerns me.

We had comfortably the best squad in this division this season and one of the largest budgets and still managed to bottle it completely. How we'll cope when that will no longer be the case next year is cause for concern, frankly.

Having concerns about an overall positive season isn't being doom and gloom, it's being realistic. There a question marks that need to be answered next season for sure.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on May 08, 2017, 01:08:48 pm by MrFrost »
It's not black and white though is it? Why does it have to be a binary choice between "sack the manager" and "don't complain about finishing 3rd when we were 7 points clear with 5 games to go"?

I don't think we should sack Fergie. However for the second season in a row the club appears to have been on the beach at the business end of the season and have paid a heavy price for it. That is hugely concerning, and promotion doesn't change that.

The lackadasical attitude and lack of professionalism his teams show concerns me. The fact this has happened two seasons in a row, with two very different teams, concerns me. The phantom injuries that miraculously disappeared after promotion was sealed concerns me.

We had comfortably the best squad in this division this season and one of the largest budgets and still managed to bottle it completely. How we'll cope when that will no longer be the case next year is cause for concern, frankly.

Having concerns about an overall positive season isn't being doom and gloom, it's being realistic. There a question marks that need to be answered next season for sure.

Amen.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012