Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:08:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ferguson out  (Read 15262 times)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Re: Ferguson out
« Reply #30 on May 06, 2017, 07:54:17 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Why is it a poor division? I've seen some decent play this season and think we've been great at times, and our brand of football will be better suited to league one.

To be honest that's one of the biggest loads of nonsense I've ever read on here. That is one awful division and if we play like that next season we're in for one hell of a tough ride

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 06, 2017, 07:59:34 pm by PDX_Rover »
Bloody hell... the doom squad are out in force...

Fergie should have been sacked at this point, at that point...

League 2 is a poor division

Blah blah blah...

It's almost as if some folks revel in us losing so they can vent their spleens.

Personally - I have total faith in the owners and management to recruit well, as they did last season, and for us to be a force in L1.

Fergie will learn and improve. I feel certain of that. Some of the players will also do the same.

I'm already looking forward to some positive signings and the fixture list coming out.

No point looking backwards. We messed up from a strong position and everyone at the club needs to learn from that.

I'm more disappointed for Hartlepool. They were fantastic for the last half hour.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 06, 2017, 08:00:43 pm by MrFrost »
The quality of football I've seen dished up this season has been horrific.

We need five or six quality players for next season it we will struggle.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 06, 2017, 08:02:53 pm by Canadian Rover »
It'd be similar to Cheslea blowing the title now and Conte being delighted at qualifying for the Champions League.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 06, 2017, 08:03:13 pm by Syme »
What is your faith based upon pdx?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 06, 2017, 08:03:22 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Actually I am asking for him to be sacked, purely because I don't think he has what it takes to be successful in League One.

Thanks for this year Darren, but leave it to the experts from here

I love it when people get positive... so who you got up your sleeve?

I think you're confusing me with someone on the board.

No, but I gave you a chance to define what you meant by experts, or even take that extra step and name your suggestions for a replacement, even justify them, and not be a dull moaning minnie.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 06, 2017, 08:05:55 pm by dknward2 »
Fergie is going no where he has just extended/improved contracts of 3 players just hope he gets a decent back 4 in quick ready for next season

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 06, 2017, 08:06:00 pm by PDX_Rover »
The fact that the owners have a clear plan, recruitment will already be well advanced and despite the end of season blip, we did actually play very well for the majority of the season.

Frost - you are on crack, son. The quality of football has been horrific? Really? It's not Escape to Victory.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 06, 2017, 08:07:08 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
You're f**king embarrassing fans.

Why?

To be fair any other club would have gotten rid at the end of last season.

Mark Weaver could have got us promoted out of this division with the resources we've had.

Because over 46 games we've done enough to get promoted and now you want the manager sacked. I'm glad our board haven't got the same mentality as you "supporters".
Well done Darren. Here's a massive budget. You've come third. What a hero.

He showed his cards last season. What was it, 19 games without a win? The guys an absolute chancer propped up by daddy's gravitas

Tell me something, Syme: just what would have been your reaction if we had won today and therefore had been crowned champions? Two goals, that's all that separated us from the title.
What a bunch of moaners you are. For crying out loud, get a grip. I could just see you lot praising Fergie to the skies if the result had gone the other way. Hypocrisy doesn't even come close.  :headbang:

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 06, 2017, 08:12:14 pm by Syme »
Of course. We can play your game all day long Bristol red rover. I name someone, you rubbish them, and we continue infinitum.

Or maybe, we say, here's​ a fella who went 19 games without a win, got relegated, got given one of the biggest budgets in the league, and managed to sneak home in third.

I'd love him to succeed, but I've seen nothing to suggest he will. And coming 49th in the Football League is not success, in my humble view.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 06, 2017, 08:14:56 pm by Syme »
You're f**king embarrassing fans.

Why?

To be fair any other club would have gotten rid at the end of last season.

Mark Weaver could have got us promoted out of this division with the resources we've had.

Because over 46 games we've done enough to get promoted and now you want the manager sacked. I'm glad our board haven't got the same mentality as you "supporters".
Well done Darren. Here's a massive budget. You've come third. What a hero.

He showed his cards last season. What was it, 19 games without a win? The guys an absolute chancer propped up by daddy's gravitas

Tell me something, Syme: just what would have been your reaction if we had won today and therefore had been crowned champions? Two goals, that's all that separated us from the title.
What a bunch of moaners you are. For crying out loud, get a grip. I could just see you lot praising Fergie to the skies if the result had gone the other way. Hypocrisy doesn't even come close.  :headbang:

Two goals??

This is football. Two goals is everything.

Bayern United. Don't worry Lothar. It's just two goals. Otherwise you'd have won.

Don't be so naive.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 06, 2017, 08:15:07 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
No game. I probably wouldn't comment on your choice, but at least it would show you had something to offer to a discussion. As it is....  :cold:

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 06, 2017, 08:19:18 pm by Syme »
No game. I probably wouldn't comment on your choice, but at least it would show you had something to offer to a discussion. As it is....  :cold:

So unless you have an alternative then you can't criticise the status quo?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 06, 2017, 08:24:35 pm by Filo »
Actually I am asking for him to be sacked, purely because I don't think he has what it takes to be successful in League One.

I'm pissed off we have n't finished the job, but to ask for his sacking after promotion is plain stupid, you 've posted some shite over the years in your various user names, but this thread shows you're not as intelligent as you make yourself out, totally pathetic op!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 06, 2017, 08:29:55 pm by MrFrost »

I'm pissed off we have n't finished the job, but to ask for his sacking after promotion is plain stupid, you 've posted some shite over the years in your various user names, but this thread shows you're not as intelligent as you make yourself out, totally pathetic op!

Didn't we get rid of the last manager to get us promoted?

I just don't see Fergie taking us any further.

He is incapable of turning round a bad run of form.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 06, 2017, 08:30:59 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Of course you can, and I love a booooo! as much as anyone, but it's more engaging to take the next step. You mention experts - who are they?

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on May 06, 2017, 08:32:27 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

Totally agree.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 06, 2017, 08:32:35 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

There's a reason you drive a taxi for a living...

Boooooooo!  :facepalm:

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 06, 2017, 08:34:30 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Well he has previous for getting teams promoted from League One not long after League Two promotion.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 06, 2017, 08:35:41 pm by steve@dcfd »
I can forgive the last few results, but today is shambolic. The guy can't set up a team to control a game. It's all or nothing with him, and it's proved to be nothing.

Not quite nothing. We got promoted.

But since then it's been very poor. The decision(s) to take off Coppinger (our best player) have cost us the title.

Shocking end to the season but to say we have achieved nothing is nonsense.

Agree with that and the loss of Houghton the midfield have been poor since he was injured. If Copps had not played so well with Rowe on occasions we would have not been promoted.

His main priority next season is left back first,  a tall CB and a least two midfield players on top of Houghton on loan.

The signing of Grant is debatable for me we need better.

We have achieved promotion and we should all be happy but we feel let down because it should have been better.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on May 06, 2017, 08:36:27 pm by GazLaz »
6 bad games and people want the manager sacked, give me strength. The previous 40 excellent ones were soon forgotten. I've said it repeatedly over last 20 years and I'll say it again, we have a very high number of moronic "fans".

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 06, 2017, 08:37:46 pm by MrFrost »

Well he has previous for getting teams promoted from League One not long after League Two promotion.

He also has a league one relegation on his CV.

I'm not convinced he can take us any further, but let's be fair, he could take us down again next season and he wouldn't be sacked so it doesn't really matter.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 06, 2017, 08:39:13 pm by DonnyOsmond »

He also has a league one relegation on his CV.

I'm not convinced he can take us any further, but let's be fair, he could take us down again next season and he wouldn't be sacked so it doesn't really matter.

Having a pre-season helps.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 06, 2017, 08:40:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We'd win the Premier League and our fans would moan we'd not won the two domestic cups aswell.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on May 06, 2017, 08:40:51 pm by Syme »

Of course you can, and I love a booooo! as much as anyone, but it's more engaging to take the next step. You mention experts - who are they?
Owen Coyle would be my starter

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on May 06, 2017, 08:45:40 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Is this post the worst 'Brain fart' we've ever had on this site? :laugh:. As much as i know his shortcomings he has just got us promoted.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on May 06, 2017, 09:00:23 pm by Donnyjim »
A new back four is where he needs to start. Butler and Alcock are not up to it. Start from there and give DF til xmas. Connor Grant = dustbin as well.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on May 06, 2017, 09:01:44 pm by Lesonthewest »
Bloody hell... the doom squad are out in force...

Fergie should have been sacked at this point, at that point...

League 2 is a poor division

Blah blah blah...

It's almost as if some folks revel in us losing so they can vent their spleens.

Personally - I have total faith in the owners and management to recruit well, as they did last season, and for us to be a force in L1.

Fergie will learn and improve. I feel certain of that. Some of the players will also do the same.

I'm already looking forward to some positive signings and the fixture list coming out.

No point looking backwards. We messed up from a strong position and everyone at the club needs to learn from that.

I'm more disappointed for Hartlepool. They were fantastic for the last half hour.

Agreed, Hartlepool played well for the last half hour but we got our tactics totally wrong & our players had no stomach for the fight. Time to move on, hopefully bring in some quality & go again next season. We must not forget Fergie has a good record in league 1.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 06, 2017, 09:02:46 pm by Syme »
I'm surprised Butler lasted this long. Give him a carriage clock and send him off to Lincoln.

Samson Vidal

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 06, 2017, 09:10:26 pm by Samson Vidal »
Well, This loss of form is eerily similar to the one that got us relegated last season,
Personally i can see a championship club forgetting he got us relegated and picking him up, actually now i think about it, surely a straight swap with ipswich isnt off the cards ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012