Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:22:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ferguson out  (Read 15266 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Ferguson out
« Reply #60 on May 06, 2017, 09:17:03 pm by dickos1 »
Why is it a poor division? I've seen some decent play this season and think we've been great at times, and our brand of football will be better suited to league one.

To be honest that's one of the biggest loads of nonsense I've ever read on here. That is one awful division and if we play like that next season we're in for one hell of a tough ride

Everytime we do well it's because it's a shit league, it's just the mentality of a lot of our fans

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on May 06, 2017, 09:27:18 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
You're f**king embarrassing fans.

Why?

To be fair any other club would have gotten rid at the end of last season.

Mark Weaver could have got us promoted out of this division with the resources we've had.

Because over 46 games we've done enough to get promoted and now you want the manager sacked. I'm glad our board haven't got the same mentality as you "supporters".
Well done Darren. Here's a massive budget. You've come third. What a hero.

He showed his cards last season. What was it, 19 games without a win? The guys an absolute chancer propped up by daddy's gravitas

Tell me something, Syme: just what would have been your reaction if we had won today and therefore had been crowned champions? Two goals, that's all that separated us from the title.
What a bunch of moaners you are. For crying out loud, get a grip. I could just see you lot praising Fergie to the skies if the result had gone the other way. Hypocrisy doesn't even come close.  :headbang:

Two goals??

This is football. Two goals is everything.

Bayern United. Don't worry Lothar. It's just two goals. Otherwise you'd have won.

Don't be so naive.

Answer the question!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on May 06, 2017, 09:32:20 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Well, This loss of form is eerily similar to the one that got us relegated last season,
Personally i can see a championship club forgetting he got us relegated and picking him up, actually now i think about it, surely a straight swap with ipswich isnt off the cards ;)

When are two loses in form not similar?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on May 06, 2017, 09:38:19 pm by Lesonthewest »
Sack the manager after promotion? I bet anyone looking on here from other clubs forums are in hysterics.

Samson Vidal

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on May 06, 2017, 09:53:09 pm by Samson Vidal »
Well, This loss of form is eerily similar to the one that got us relegated last season,
Personally i can see a championship club forgetting he got us relegated and picking him up, actually now i think about it, surely a straight swap with ipswich isnt off the cards ;)

When are two loses in form not similar?

I mean they show that DF cant seem to motivate the team when we get on a bad spell
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 10:02:32 pm by Samson Vidal »

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on May 06, 2017, 10:44:06 pm by esdailles left foot »
Why is it a poor division? I've seen some decent play this season and think we've been great at times, and our brand of football will be better suited to league one.

ha ha ha yeah right

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on May 06, 2017, 10:53:17 pm by Pancho Regan »
The quality of football I've seen dished up this season has been horrific.

Woah..... we are all a bit disappointed this evening but I think you need to review that comment.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on May 06, 2017, 10:59:13 pm by MrFrost »

Woah..... we are all a bit disappointed this evening but I think you need to review that comment.

I'm referring to League Two as a whole.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 06, 2017, 11:03:13 pm by grayx »
No club will sack a manager after just getting promotion BUT this end of season collapse may well influence the budget for next season.
Somethings not right.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on May 06, 2017, 11:06:34 pm by Draytonian III »
I've not read through all the pages,I'm not DF's biggest fan ,but who do you replace him with ?  Next season when we finish 17th - 20th it will be a successful season

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on May 06, 2017, 11:20:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I've not read through all the pages,I'm not DF's biggest fan ,but who do you replace him with ?  Next season when we finish 17th - 20th it will be a successful season

Dickov is available.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on May 06, 2017, 11:40:15 pm by RedJ »
Don't worry lads. There'll be a reaction. I'm sure Fergie's learned a lot about his players today.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on May 07, 2017, 12:42:59 am by scaley back rover »
Silly season is upon us,roll on the start of the football season

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on May 07, 2017, 04:26:12 am by SydneyRover »
I reckon we have a lot of fans we should consider giving a red card, there are 21 other teams in this league and 3 coming down that would sell their families to be in the position that we are. DR are in a financially viable position with supportive owners and board, a new ground that will see DR though the next phase. DF has had a lot to do with the way the the club is now structured. I think a line needs to be drawn under the last two seasons because we are back in L2 in a positive position going up with better finances and outlook. To take last season in isolation is overlooking a lot problems leading up to it, these have mostly been sorted.

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on May 07, 2017, 06:44:19 am by drfcbenny625 »
Not sure how you can blame Ferguson for Butler completely losing the use of his legs for the first goal. He may be able to head a brick but he struggles to kick a football at times.

The most frustrating thing is that we have actually played some decent football this year but that was extremely poor yesterday.

Still I don't know how you can want to sack the EFL manager of the season.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on May 07, 2017, 08:06:12 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He's made some awful mistakes the past 4-5 games.  I actually think a lot of the blip is his fault.

However he's done a lot of good things and is willing to keep learning, thus this thread is largely a little silly.

However it has made me a little nervous for next season.  We can't afford these kind of slips again.  Had this been league one we'd be in the play offs this week. Though had we not won promotion so early we'd have probably won the league.  Mad isn't it?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on May 07, 2017, 08:35:19 am by graingrover »
I have been on the ARGYLE forum but with Syme and Frost we are much better .

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on May 07, 2017, 09:38:43 pm by bobjimwilly »
All any of us wanted at the start of the season was promotion, whether it was top 3 or winning a play-off final. Fergie achieved automatic, with games to spare. Now people are crying like babies because we didn't achieve top spot? Jesus wept...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on May 07, 2017, 09:42:26 pm by dickos1 »
Sums it up perfectly

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on May 07, 2017, 10:09:19 pm by selby »
And apart from that the managers job is not only first  team results that he is responsible for..Fergie has improved the whole make up of the playing side,from scouting and the juniors to the planning of the training facilities at Cantley.
   This club can go forward under this manager if we  stick with him,change for changes sake,and knee jerk reactions do not work,and have cost us big time in the past.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on May 07, 2017, 10:14:11 pm by drfc1951 »
I have been on the ARGYLE forum but with Syme and Frost we are much better .

So have i ,they are a pretty level headed bunch.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on May 07, 2017, 10:20:23 pm by drfchound »
To be fair, they were not in the position we were though.
Their one game chance to win the division was presented to them by us and it didn't come off.
Our collapse was ridiculous.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on May 07, 2017, 10:43:01 pm by Not Now Kato »
All any of us wanted at the start of the season was promotion, whether it was top 3 or winning a play-off final. Fergie achieved automatic, with games to spare. Now people are crying like babies because we didn't achieve top spot? Jesus wept...

If he'd been to our last 5 matches Jesus probably would have wept.  As a supporter I pay for total commitment, not the half hearted crap that we've just been served up.  Shame on Fergie, shame on the p,ayers.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on May 07, 2017, 10:45:43 pm by drfchound »
Jesus was at our game, I saw him there.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on May 07, 2017, 10:46:06 pm by RedJ »
It's absolute b*llocks all this "at the start of the season" crap. We had a hand on the trophy and we blew it - so what if we'd have taken promotion in August? we're not in August now are we?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on May 07, 2017, 10:51:41 pm by drfchound »
Agreed.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on May 07, 2017, 11:43:40 pm by Syme »
I've not seen anyone crying like babies. I've seen some huge frustration at a manager who has managed to turn a promotion into a underwhelming occasion. That takes some doing.

Pure and simple, I don't rate him. That's why I'd get rid of him. I'm under no illusions, of course it won't happen. But I don't see finishing third as acceptable. So I'd thank him for his efforts and bring someone else in asap who can start planning​ for next season.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on May 07, 2017, 11:47:16 pm by dickos1 »
There's no way this bloke isn't just on a wind up

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on May 07, 2017, 11:49:46 pm by Syme »
Wouldn't it be boring if we all had the same view

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on May 07, 2017, 11:51:27 pm by dickos1 »
Nobody should have the view that after 46 games you win promotion and then sack your manager.
That's why the only explanation is a wum

TinyPortal © 2005-2012