Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:45:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Most Profitable Speed Cameras  (Read 2459 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Most Profitable Speed Cameras
« Reply #1 on May 10, 2017, 05:26:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Drive under the speed limit and stick two fingers up to the government!!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 10, 2017, 05:59:52 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I do, but there again everybody makes mistakes occasionally

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 11, 2017, 08:05:12 am by afro goal machine »
Drive under the speed limit and stick two fingers up to the government!!

You still have to be careful doing that

I think there was a van driver who got done speeding
The next time he drove past gave it two lots of two fingers and got done for dangerous driving as he had no hands on the wheel

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 11, 2017, 08:54:12 am by MrFrost »
I have to laugh at people who moan about speed cameras and getting caught speeding.

There is no reason or excuse to go over the speed limit. If you do, expect to be caught and take the punishment.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 11, 2017, 09:09:32 am by Dagenham Rover »
Not moaning at all Frosty just passing comment more about the one on the M180 when you consider it's not a fixed camera it goes to show how often they are there with the mobile speed van

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 11, 2017, 09:14:56 am by Bentley Bullet »
It's all well and good doing the speed limit if you know what the speed limit is! You spend half the time when driving looking out for speed signs, at the expense of actually concentrating on the other aspects of driving.

How many times do you come across a 50 mph stretch of road, and then suddenly for about a couple of hundred yards the speed's reduced to 40mph at which point there's a speed camera?

In my opinion cars should be made so that they can't go over the limit. I'm confident the technology is available, but much less so that the authorities would desire it due the present lucrative situation.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 09:17:53 am by Bentley Bullet »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 11, 2017, 09:27:57 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Not moaning at all Frosty just passing comment more about the one on the M180 when you consider it's not a fixed camera it goes to show how often they are there with the mobile speed van

Don't you think it shows how often they need to be there as well?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 11, 2017, 09:36:55 am by idler »
I got my first car in 1966. It was a big Vauxhall Velox, built like a tank.
It had cross ply tyres and the old drum brakes. No ABS or anything in those days.
Look at today's cars, all of the braking and steering features plus the crumple zones.
Doing the speed limit in 1966 bears no relation to a modern car doing 30mph now.
I'd much rather a driver be a few miles over the limit than jumping red lights or overtaking on a blind bend or brow of a hill.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 11, 2017, 12:15:56 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I got my first car in 1966. It was a big Vauxhall Velox, built like a tank.
It had cross ply tyres and the old drum brakes. No ABS or anything in those days.
Look at today's cars, all of the braking and steering features plus the crumple zones.
Doing the speed limit in 1966 bears no relation to a modern car doing 30mph now.
I'd much rather a driver be a few miles over the limit than jumping red lights or overtaking on a blind bend or brow of a hill.

It's not about how quickly you think can brake but how hard and fast you're going when you hit somebody when it all goes wrong.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 11, 2017, 12:30:19 pm by idler »
I hit somebody in my old car at 20mph with chrome bumper and solid bonnet compared to today's cars though was far more serious.
If 30mph is the limit and has been for years you will do less damage on impact in a modern car at the same speed as an older car.
Plus the chances are you're braking far faster now so are travelling slower.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 11, 2017, 12:35:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I hit somebody in my old car at 20mph with chrome bumper and solid bonnet compared to today's cars though was far more serious.
If 30mph is the limit and has been for years you will do less damage on impact in a modern car at the same speed as an older car.

What about when you hit a human being, or have they become less vulnerable over the years too?

Also, you do know that your speed when braking doesn't go down to zero in a nice straight line like on a graph, don't you?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 11, 2017, 02:42:06 pm by MrFrost »

I know someone who has been killed at 30mph by a modern car.
The speed limits that are in place are fair, and there is absolutely no reason for anyone to exceed them, at any time.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 11, 2017, 05:06:40 pm by Sprotyrover »
I think it costs the State approx £500,00o to investigate a Fatal road Collision,not to mention the human cost.today we rely on Cameras systems to Police our roads,hence the massive increase in Fatals,The roads would be far safer if we had more Police Officers Patrolling them.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 11, 2017, 06:54:16 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I think it costs the State approx £500,00o to investigate a Fatal road Collision,not to mention the human cost.today we rely on Cameras systems to Police our roads,hence the massive increase in Fatals,The roads would be far safer if we had more Police Officers Patrolling them.

Yeah, but then we'd get people who think they should be able to go whatever speed they want telling the coppers that catch them that they should be doing something more important instead. That's why speed cameras actually do an important job - they let the cops do just that.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 11, 2017, 08:57:25 pm by Muttley »

They'd also be far safer if there were less self-righteous w**kers driving on them who think that the traffic laws don't apply to them. They're the ones responsible for the fatal accidents not the presence or otherwise of police or cameras.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 12, 2017, 10:49:20 am by Draytonian III »
I know of a speed camera that has been in place for 18 months but hasn't been switched on yet . It's doing it's required job of slowing the traffic down

TinyPortal © 2005-2012