Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:07:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Amber Rudd  (Read 4508 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Re: Amber Rudd
« Reply #30 on June 07, 2017, 09:59:06 am by not on facebook »
Sad rovers said syme was banned a couple of weeks back in a thread .

Personally I would have him back if it is the case .

Put up a thread asking if he was banned and nothing came of it just speculation .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 07, 2017, 02:02:49 pm by drfchound »
I think a general reset might be in order Hound. You have ended up defending the indefensible through a failure to grasp that opinion is not fact, and, by not looking closely enough at your sources. If there is evidence only a fool would gainsay it no matter what their personal preferences and predilections. That's why I said, truly, that I would really welcome seeing the evidence that led you to the position you hold. But  risible attempts to justify what cannot be justified simply end up making your whole argument fatuous. Just read your last post for example. It's manifestly wrong. And that undermines the credibility of the whole of your argument. Do you not think the politics of the Evening Standard have changed suddenly and quite noticeably recently? They're still changing! Others change too. The Independent has moved to the right since it's gone online. Nothing stays the same. Ever. You could have avoided such damning mistakes by thinking with your brain rather than your emotions. We all think with our emotions sometimes. I know I do. But serious subjects deserve, demand, serious thought. You might be absolutely right Hound. But without proper and valid evidence very few are going to believe you.

Cheers

BobG

Hi Bob, i have only just realised that you posted something a few days ago for me to read.
I felt i should reply.
You asked me to look at the last post i had done before your message and said i hadn't backed up my point, but i had done.
Glyn had said that the 4% hard left shown hardly backed up my point but i went on to point out that while only 4% was HARD left, on the chart i had been speaking about, the rest of the red on there added up to 43% against a measly 21% blue (right of course).
Glyn is very clever at making statements too that don't reflect the whole position.
I hope you are clever enough to see that as well as i do.

As for asking me about the politics of the Evening Standard, well i have no idea what their politics are as i have never picked that paper up.

As a non Labour supporter i suppose i should expect to get shouted down on this forum as it has many more Labour people than others but i have the right to voice an opinion.

PS: I do like the use of some of the more unusual words you used in your post.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 07, 2017, 02:37:11 pm by not on facebook »
DRFChound I sooner have me left arm or leg hacked off than vote Labour during its present day set up .

Its a hard choice between them and lord such raving looney Party who i would prefer over the two.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 07, 2017, 03:00:00 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Glyn had said that the 4% hard left shown hardly backed up my point but i went on to point out that while only 4% was HARD left, on the chart i had been speaking about, the rest of the red on there added up to 43% against a measly 21% blue (right of course).
Glyn is very clever at making statements too that don't reflect the whole position.
I hope you are clever enough to see that as well as i do.

You called the Independent far left. Not slightly left or left-leaning, far left. And you used that link to back up your assertion that they are far left. But then you count the parts that indicate moderate-left as proving that they are far left?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 07, 2017, 03:45:31 pm by drfchound »
Are you still here?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 07, 2017, 04:06:23 pm by albie »
Order, Ladies and Gentlemen...the topic is Amber Rudd.

Amber told everyone to "judge us on our record" on question time, so thats what this lad has done in his blog;
Amber Rudd said "judge us on our record" so here goes ...

Now some of these things would have happened under Labour, I know that.
The point is Amber asked us to consider her governments record, so it is good someone has taken the time to list the areas of concern, and link to the source where appropriate.

The yawning gap in this election is the mainstream media doing any serious investigative journalism, and just staggering from press release to soundbite and back again, without  proper critical oversight.

Anyway, food for thought before you cast your vote tomorrow.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012