Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:48:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Russia 2018 > if your all going to Russia clap your hands >  (Read 2041 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
This time next year the World Cup group games will be allready have started.

So who is tinkering on the idea of going ?

Who is in two minds about going ?

Who is going?

There seems to be far too many reasons for anyone from England not to go to the World Cup out there .( England will qualify )

Main reason I still the Russian hooligan issue ,but there is issues behind that as can you trust the Russian Police / army to protect you.

The infrastructure in Russia away from Moscow and St. Petersburg worrys me untold .
I would never plan to drive to the bottom shops if if lived anywhere in Russia ,and would use trains to get about all the time as they seem all to be free travel for football fans.

Many of the Russian accidents on roads are shocking when bad driving comes into the frame ,and the state that many Russian vechiles that use the roads is also a main problem causing accidents.

I think there might be more injured World Cup football fans due to traveling issues than from what any local hooligans will cause.

After saying all above Moscow is the best city that I have ever been too ,and I have been to about 75% of all major European city's.

The city alone is stunning ,I spent 5 days out there for a gar about 15yerad ago or so.the prices back then was quite low compared with today,but the look of Moscow would not have changed that much.

Iam told St. Petersburg is best city in Russia ,it must be good to beat Moscow.

No fcuker spoke English in Moscow and alll signs was in Russian  which I thought was great .

I was out there in November so it was not shorts or the shirts climate

Don't miss place your passport or visa ,or don't over stay your visa stay .

Doubt it changed much now but you can't fal out of one pub straight into another pub in Moscow ,I found unless I was in the wrong part of town .

The best pub I did find was in middle of a massive housing estate not too far from hotel ukerain ,after been legged  down street by untold after  trying to making my way back to my hotel one night .

When ever going back to your hotel after been on the drink allways use a taxi and carry card of your hotel to show driver as no fcuker speaks English.

You just have too take your chance with what taxi you end up in.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
i'm relying on the BBC & ITV much safer than playing 'Russian Roulette' for real

wing commander

• Forum Member
  I've always fancied going to Russia but I wouldn't want to go for the world cup...Russian hooliganism is a throwback to our days at there worst and it's not just a case of a thump,from the pictures from the Euro's they make sure your proper hurt if your unlucky enough to get caught up in it...
   Nobody really knows how the Russian clubs hooligans have organised themselves for this and it has a potential to get really nasty...Hopefully the authorities have got a grip on it,but even a Russian mp see's nothing wrong in it...So I certainly wouldn't want to take the chance...

wing commander

• Forum Member
  Are you planning on going Silent Majority???

not on facebook

• Forum Member
  I've always fancied going to Russia but I wouldn't want to go for the world cup...Russian hooliganism is a throwback to our days at there worst and it's not just a case of a thump,from the pictures from the Euro's they make sure your proper hurt if your unlucky enough to get caught up in it...
   Nobody really knows how the Russian clubs hooligans have organised themselves for this and it has a potential to get really nasty...Hopefully the authorities have got a grip on it,but even a Russian mp see's nothing wrong in it...So I certainly wouldn't want to take the chance...

I don't blame you .when we was out there about 10 or so years ago ,the local cska mob were seen paying off all  the security that was watching our hotel which was the hotel ukerain .this was at 02:00 in the morning after the game ,as we was all inside at the lobby bar.

That's when they attacked us .

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
ironically if Corbinladen had won the general election our relationship with Russia would be much better by next summer and England might have been annexed from the UK by Russia

"little Russia" certainly is getting bigger in Central London
 :chair: :chair: :chair:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:03:10 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

silent majority

• VSC Member

Hi WC,

Not sure yet, I'm waiting for the draw to see where we might be. Currently our CEO at the FSF is over there taking in the Confederation Cup as part of the pre-planning that's done by the UK authorities. I'm having a chat with him next weekend to see how its gone.

As far as I'm aware NOF is the only person who suggests that Moscow is a great place to visit. It isn't, its a cold miserable dump. I won't be in a hurry to go back.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Russia 2018 > if your all going to Russia clap your hands >
« Reply #7 on June 27, 2017, 04:14:26 pm by GazLaz »
Get to St Petersburg, it's amazing.

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Russia 2018 > if your all going to Russia clap your hands >
« Reply #8 on June 27, 2017, 04:22:23 pm by RedJ »
ironically if Corbinladen had won the general election our relationship with Russia would be much better by next summer and England might have been annexed from the UK by Russia

"little Russia" certainly is getting bigger in Central London
 :chair: :chair: :chair:
You do talk some shite don't you.

not on facebook

• Forum Member

Hi WC,

Not sure yet, I'm waiting for the draw to see where we might be. Currently our CEO at the FSF is over there taking in the Confederation Cup as part of the pre-planning that's done by the UK authorities. I'm having a chat with him next weekend to see how its gone.

As far as I'm aware NOF is the only person who suggests that Moscow is a great place to visit. It isn't, its a cold miserable dump. I won't be in a hurry to go back.

You have to be kidding us SM ,I thought Moscow was brilliant .ok it was rough as hell the day of the game but the other 4 days we was out there no real stress at all.

The Moscow underground was amazing ,as was red square .fact that no one spoke English made it better.

The underground trip to the cska  ground was stunning for me as we was watching them watching us .

The chesterfieldboar house was a eye opener despite what trip advisor says.

The buildings in Moscow were all fantastic as your eye level was not just on the street but the roof tops

That's the only city that I have been to across Europe and as the plane took off to leave I said to myself fcuk me this was some place.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012