Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:29:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jordan Houghton  (Read 8193 times)

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
Jordan Houghton
« on June 21, 2017, 05:45:35 am by DRFCMach2man »
Everything seems to have gone quiet on the JH front. Does anyone know or heard any rumblings of his potential return to the Keepmoat?
 He would be a great catch for us and have  a big impact on our midfield in League 1 - cracking young player IMO.  :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re: Jordan Houghton
« Reply #1 on June 21, 2017, 06:41:50 am by dknward2 »
He keeps retweeting things from rovers fans.
It was said he wouldn't be ready till Xmas time but I think he may come back sooner the only problem is the loan window will have shut so we may have to make the deal early and let him stay at Chelsea till he is fully fit then hope he comes back before January

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 21, 2017, 07:03:31 am by 1879Rovers »
I would be shocked if anything happens before January.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 21, 2017, 08:09:52 am by DearneValleyRover »
The loan signing of Whiteman until January is cover for Houghton

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 21, 2017, 08:46:38 am by glosterred »
From what I've seen of his twitter account, I'd be surprised if he wasn't still on holiday until January

COYR

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 21, 2017, 11:35:00 am by RoversAlias »
The loan signing of Whiteman until January is cover for Houghton

I thought Whiteman was a more attacking mid? I've never seen him play so I could be wrong.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 21, 2017, 12:20:35 pm by rtid88 »
Has Ben Whiteman actually signed?? No sign of it anywhere?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 21, 2017, 12:28:44 pm by steve@dcfd »
DF has told Andy Giddings that Jordan Houghton could be available this transfer window with a quicker than expected recovery.

#drfc boss Darren Ferguson says #CFC mf Jordan Houghton could be availble to sign in this window, after a quicker than expected recovery.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 21, 2017, 12:30:46 pm by Dare to dream! »
Maybe why the Whiteman deal is on hold?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 21, 2017, 12:35:03 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Houghton will still be out for a while. Plus looking at Whitemans goal return he looks like a more attacking player. Would be daft not to being in Whiteman either way.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 21, 2017, 12:40:10 pm by steve@dcfd »
We will have them both one will be available to start the season other one may start after that. We need both plus another midfield player.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 21, 2017, 12:42:02 pm by DearneValleyRover »
According to my Blades supporting son in law ( I can't tell you how much that hurts) he is a defensive midfielder but can get forward like Houghton did for us.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 21, 2017, 12:46:56 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Fingers crossed. We missed him. Would be the ultimate permanent if we could get him.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 21, 2017, 12:48:50 pm by steve@dcfd »
Whiteman imo will play right of the diamond or right of three If we play
4231 or 352.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 21, 2017, 01:20:03 pm by Dare to dream! »
Where does that leave Luke McCullough? Who imo is better than Houghton

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 21, 2017, 01:24:15 pm by Bessie Red »

You are having a laugh surely? Opinions eh who'd have em!!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 21, 2017, 01:46:21 pm by drfchound »
Luke has played at full International level so maybe people in football think highly of him too.

Opinions?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 21, 2017, 02:05:02 pm by Dare to dream! »

I understand that my opinion of rating McCullough higher than Houghton might be in the minority but the way you've reacted to it? How would you rate McCullough? He's probably our biggest asset, either him or Mandeville.

That's not to say I don't rate Houghton because i do, i'd just rather have McCullough sat in front of the defence

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 21, 2017, 02:12:11 pm by keith79 »
how about them both sat in front of a back 3

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 21, 2017, 02:13:41 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Either way it's still good to see a squad with a load of assets, theirs the two keepers, Wright, Mandeville, Mason, Kiwomya and potentially Houghton.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 21, 2017, 02:55:09 pm by steve@dcfd »
The most important part of the team is the midfield at the moment apart our 18/19 players. We have McCollough, Rowe and Coppinger. We have Mason who can play in there and Blair but last year his best position was right back or right wing back. We need more players to give competition and cover injuries. Therefore Whiteman, Houghton and another will give us a better midfield choice.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 21, 2017, 04:20:47 pm by roversdude »

I understand that my opinion of rating McCullough higher than Houghton might be in the minority but the way you've reacted to it? How would you rate McCullough? He's probably our biggest asset, either him or Mandeville.

That's not to say I don't rate Houghton because i do, i'd just rather have McCullough sat in front of the defence
I rate LM as a decent squad player but def not first choice midfielder

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 21, 2017, 04:25:20 pm by RedJ »
Luke has played at full International level so maybe people in football think highly of him too.

Opinions?

Not that I'm disagreeing - I'm not really sure what I think of him yet to be honest - but it's an awful lot easier to get into the Northern Ireland squad than it is England... though it is an achievement obviously, the talent pool is considerably smaller.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 21, 2017, 04:42:49 pm by Goole Rover »
According to my Blades supporting son in law ( I can't tell you how much that hurts) he is a defensive midfielder but can get forward like Houghton did for us.
Don't worry I've got a Scunny supporting son, thank goodness the eldest has followed his Dad. Hope this message has eased your pain.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 21, 2017, 04:49:32 pm by Bessie Red »

Don't get me wrong DTD I think Luke is a great player & one of my favourites who I believed was going to be pivotal in our League two team in the holding midfield position. However due to his injury we chanced upon Houghton who more than exceeded my expectations of what I thought Luke would have brought to that position.
It goes without saying that we would have been Champions before the season finished if Jordan hadn't got injured.

I agree that he is probably one of the biggest assets that we have signed permanently but I believe Jordan is a better player who is likely to play close to the highest level.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 21, 2017, 05:12:03 pm by Dare to dream! »

Don't get me wrong DTD I think Luke is a great player & one of my favourites who I believed was going to be pivotal in our League two team in the holding midfield position. However due to his injury we chanced upon Houghton who more than exceeded my expectations of what I thought Luke would have brought to that position.
It goes without saying that we would have been Champions before the season finished if Jordan hadn't got injured.

I agree that he is probably one of the biggest assets that we have signed permanently but I believe Jordan is a better player who is likely to play close to the highest level.

Fair enough. He has had a sketchy injury record, hopefully this season he can stay injury free

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 22, 2017, 02:33:26 am by RoversAlias »
McCullough is good, has time to grow onto a midfield role he's barely ever played. But he is not as good as Houghton at all, no way. Look at how badly we missed JH when we lost him for the season. He is a cut above.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 22, 2017, 08:05:57 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I tend to agree, both a very good and Jordan has the edge for me as he's just a bit quicker in his speed of thought. If DF thinks the team would be better with them both, I'm sure he'll try it.

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 22, 2017, 08:17:27 am by DannyRovers »
Whiteman and Houghton are 2 very different type of players. I expect DF will be hoping to get the both of them.

I'm still undecided as to who I prefer between Houghton and McCullough althouygh our performances went south once Houghton got injured.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 22, 2017, 12:34:41 pm by RobTheRover »
We massively missed Houghton when he got injured, and it showed in that run-in collapse.  We lost a lot of composure on the ball and seemed to get rushed by other teams.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012