Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:12:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jordan Houghton  (Read 8210 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Jordan Houghton
« Reply #30 on June 22, 2017, 01:24:19 pm by selby »
McColough was the man of the match in most of the last few games,I am not suggesting that Houghton should not be signed by the way,as I think he is a good player.
  But he would have been hard pushed to play any better,the rest of the midfield were totally off it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 22, 2017, 01:35:06 pm by Retdon1 »
Playing better teams this season, there could be the need to play houghton and mccolough together, especially away at the better teams in the division.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 22, 2017, 04:04:53 pm by Jonathan »
Houghton is a real class act. If we could secure him in the long term it would be a huge statement and a real boost to the team.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 22, 2017, 04:18:37 pm by Bessie Red »
McColough was the man of the match in most of the last few games,I am not suggesting that Houghton should not be signed by the way,as I think he is a good player.
  But he would have been hard pushed to play any better,the rest of the midfield were totally off it.
As I have said previously I do rate Luke but he was absolutely terrible against Hartlepool.
I still believe if Jordan had not got injured we would have been champions with games to spare.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 22, 2017, 04:29:21 pm by steve@dcfd »

Sorry Selby you must have been watching a different player. He slow in thought and dead he gets caught with the ball regularly. But he's was out all season so there is an excuse let's see what all the players are like with a good preseason. But at his best the season before last he is no Jordan Houghton. But Jordan Hougton can play in all central three positions so let's see how they all compete in this league.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 22, 2017, 04:44:57 pm by Alan Southstand »
Imho, if we were to secure Jordan, by whatever means, we would have someone who can and will make a difference. We need players like him if we are harbouring thoughts of climbing the Leagues. So far, the manager has secured some good lads with plenty of potential, but we haven't finished yet and the next few signings could see us feeling a lot more comfortable about this coming season's challenge.

The centre half, centre midfield and another capable striker will have us equipped to challenge the top half of the table, but only if the manager is allowed to get who he wants.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on June 22, 2017, 05:02:13 pm by idler »
They have also got to want to come here Alan.
We might not be a big enough prospect for some.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 22, 2017, 05:04:23 pm by selby »
Steve I am not trying to compare the players,just stating that McColough  in the games leading up to the Hartlepool game in which he struggled like everyone else he was our best player.
  Coppinger was injured and not 100% and the other teams did a job on Roe,the rest of midfield were pathetic in those last games and Alcock and Mason were downright awful at fullback.
  Thats what cost us the championship IMHO,look at the posts about that time and McColough was the fans MOM in more than one of the last five games.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 22, 2017, 05:21:30 pm by wilts rover »
We massively missed Houghton when he got injured, and it showed in that run-in collapse.  We lost a lot of composure on the ball and seemed to get rushed by other teams.

We won 6 of the next 8 games after Houghton got injured. We were actually in a slump when he got injured - not having won for 3 games (plus the one he was injured in).

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 22, 2017, 05:51:35 pm by GazLaz »
We massively missed Houghton when he got injured, and it showed in that run-in collapse.  We lost a lot of composure on the ball and seemed to get rushed by other teams.

We won 6 of the next 8 games after Houghton got injured. We were actually in a slump when he got injured - not having won for 3 games (plus the one he was injured in).

Why let facts get in the way though...

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 22, 2017, 05:58:30 pm by RoversAlias »
We absolutely missed him though. Teams were finding it much, much easier to come and attack us and we did not play great in all those wins. The way Orient strolled through our midfield and scored through a big centre half getting a nosebleed springs to mind, and that was in a game we went on to win.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 22, 2017, 06:09:45 pm by steve@dcfd »
They have also got to want to come here Alan.
We might not be a big enough prospect for some.

I agree the players we want have also want to come here. At the moment we have not yet extended the contract of our most prolific striker what message is that sending to players we want. Money will come into it, last year we were a big fish in a small bond. This season we are an average fish in a bigger pond. The manager and club have a lot to do to sell the club to experienced players let's hope DF and the CEO can.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 22, 2017, 09:41:46 pm by drfchound »

Sorry Selby you must have been watching a different player. He slow in thought and dead he gets caught with the ball regularly. But he's was out all season so there is an excuse let's see what all the players are like with a good preseason. But at his best the season before last he is no Jordan Houghton. But Jordan Hougton can play in all central three positions so let's see how they all compete in this league.

I must be watching the same player as Selby.
Luke was class in most of his games after he came back into the team, not slow in thought and his range of passing was excellent.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 22, 2017, 10:22:52 pm by Alan Southstand »
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, whether good or bad, however from what I watched last season, I would have Jordan back here in an instant, as he provides our midfield with that extra bit of class that will be required to see us through the next season. Of course, we also need a squad and especially in midfield, we need the numbers and adequate personnel to step up as and when required.

We should all remember back to the start of last season and how many injuries we had and some of them were long term. That alone signals the need to get in the kind of players that can do the job when required. For me, the more, the merrier, but budgets will get in the way of that.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 22, 2017, 10:26:01 pm by steve@dcfd »

Luke was class in most of his games after he came back into the team, not slow in thought and his range of passing was excellent.

Ok let's see if he proves you and Selby right this season. Where his speed of thought and feet will be needed.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 22, 2017, 10:34:05 pm by les@donr »
I hope we can get JH on loan from start of season, recovery depending, with a view of a permanent move.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 22, 2017, 10:40:32 pm by Bessie Red »

I know everyone has their own opinions but I cant for the life of me see how anyone can say that Luke is the better of the two

It will be great if we can have both this season but for me Jordan would be first choice everytime unless injured.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 23, 2017, 08:39:06 am by drfchound »

I know everyone has their own opinions but I cant for the life of me see how anyone can say that Luke is the better of the two

It will be great if we can have both this season but for me Jordan would be first choice everytime unless injured.

Just to make this clear, i haven't said that Luke is a better player than Jordan.
( I don't think Selby has either and can't be bothered to check TBH).
We have said however that we both think Luke is a class player, not as poor as some have suggested.

However, no doubt those of you who don't rate him will highlight every bad pass he makes next season just to make their point.
He may be next seasons' ATS or Evina if enough people jump on the bandwagon.

Also, to make this clear, for my part i rate Jordan Houghton as highly as anyone on here too and look forward to his return.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on June 23, 2017, 12:02:07 pm by selby »
Steve,I would like both players to be at our club,and I do not have a preference one over the other personally.
   I was pointing out that Luke played just as well in the covering position in my opinion as Houghton after his injury.He was picked out as our standout player in more than one match near the end of the season by contributors on this site in fact.It was other players losing form,bad luck,and poor finishing that caused our poor end to the season.
   I will add that seeing Luke play very well in a better standard of football i.e. international with Northern Ireland,and coping very well against such as Uraguay(Carvallio) I am confident that he is very capable of playing well in the E.F.L.div.1.
  Some of our other retained players may have to sharpen up though, and prove their worth.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 23, 2017, 12:44:58 pm by Bessie Red »

Just to make this clear, i haven't said that Luke is a better player than Jordan.
( I don't think Selby has either and can't be bothered to check TBH).
We have said however that we both think Luke is a class player, not as poor as some have suggested.

However, no doubt those of you who don't rate him will highlight every bad pass he makes next season just to make their point.
He may be next seasons' ATS or Evina if enough people jump on the bandwagon.

Also, to make this clear, for my part i rate Jordan Houghton as highly as anyone on here too and look forward to his return.

Just to make it clear, I have never said that I think Luke is poor, in fact I have clearly stated either on this thread or another that he is one of my favourite players who I believe is one of our biggest assets. I just believe, & this is just my opinion, that Jordan is better.

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 24, 2017, 08:57:31 am by weststander »

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on June 24, 2017, 11:24:52 am by Jonathan »
Very encouraging to hear that talk of a permanent deal is something that's been on the table. Brilliant player and would be a superb investment for us as a club.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 24, 2017, 11:49:48 am by keith79 »
bet its a loan till january  then  the full transfer. great news. looks like our club is building again

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 24, 2017, 11:52:07 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think we were all taken by surprise when DF said a permanent deal was in the offing before he got injured. It would be a statement of intent however the injury was a big blow all round.

Fingers crossed his recovery continues and we can get the deal done.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012