Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:10:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Shrewdbury town to install safe standing  (Read 1561 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Shrewdbury town to install safe standing
« on June 27, 2017, 01:46:05 pm by not on facebook »
While all the prem clubs have been having votes on safe standing ,little olde shrewsbury have released that they will copy Celtic and have a safe standing section built.

Surely this has to be a good thing that will help bring back some atmosphere to the home crowds and why not.

Everyone keeps on saying that whenever their team plays away from home it's allways a better atmosphere by their fans than at home games > main reason been that stewrds allways seem to turn a blind eye when untold are stood up in away sections.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: Shrewdbury town to install safe standing
« Reply #1 on June 27, 2017, 02:39:32 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
is this your tip for relegation Bury being shrewd ??

better double check what you have printed on T shirts

:chair: :chair: :chair:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 27, 2017, 03:56:39 pm by silent majority »
While all the prem clubs have been having votes on safe standing ,little olde shrewsbury have released that they will copy Celtic and have a safe standing section built.

Surely this has to be a good thing that will help bring back some atmosphere to the home crowds and why not.

Everyone keeps on saying that whenever their team plays away from home it's allways a better atmosphere by their fans than at home games > main reason been that stewrds allways seem to turn a blind eye when untold are stood up in away sections.

Of course with any of this there's always more to it than is immediately obvious. The EFL have been mandated to lobby the government to change the legislation for quite some time now, but like all activists  they took a back seat whilst the inquests from the Hillsborough tragedy were concluded. Once this was done they set about doing that and were successful in having the ruling changed in the latest edition of the 'Green Guide'.

That change then allowed any club who were not subject to the legislation, i.e not being in the Championship or Premiership or having been relegated from the Championship and had not used up the 3 year grace period. This applies to just 8 clubs in the EFL of which Shrewsbury are one.

There is one more club who are also  intending to make a planning application and are currently speaking to their Safety Advisory Group before progressing this.

Here's the link to the EFL press release;

https://www.efl.com/news/2017/june/shrewsbury-town-efl-welcomes-clubs-plans-for-rail-seating
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:58:59 pm by silent majority »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 27, 2017, 04:47:28 pm by RoversAlias »
Who are the other 7 clubs SM, if you don't mind me asking?

Personally, I would like to see rail seating introduced so long as it is fully safe and everything. I don't think I'd opt for it myself at home games (I have a South Stand ST at the moment) but every now and then, or at away games, I'd be happy to use it and I do think it would help the atmosphere particularly at lower league clubs.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 27, 2017, 06:20:29 pm by silent majority »

Personally, I would like to see rail seating introduced so long as it is fully safe and everything. I don't think I'd opt for it myself at home games (I have a South Stand ST at the moment) but every now and then, or at away games, I'd be happy to use it and I do think it would help the atmosphere particularly at lower league clubs.

The clubs are;

Shrewsbury
Northampton
Colchester
Chesterfield
Bury
Oxford
Mansfield
Orient

George Carter

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 27, 2017, 08:26:14 pm by George Carter »

The clubs are;

Shrewsbury
Northampton
Colchester
Chesterfield
Bury
Oxford
Mansfield
Orient

Wouldnt Orient lose voting rights now they've gone down to the conference?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 27, 2017, 11:44:24 pm by silent majority »
I'm not sure what voting rights have to do with anything. However since they have been relegated then its only 7 clubs currently in the EFL who don't have to comply with the all seater regulation.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 28, 2017, 09:01:12 am by DearneValleyRover »
Northampton and Chesterfield look to be heading that way

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 28, 2017, 09:15:22 am by silent majority »
Northampton and Chesterfield look to be heading that way

Heading what way?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012