Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:23:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Chris brown  (Read 7596 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Chris brown
« Reply #30 on June 27, 2017, 02:41:32 pm by steve@dcfd »
Chris Brown is training with us to gain fitness he as not played for a year so wants to see if he can get through a pre season from interview with DF and free press.

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/darren-ferguson-confirms-chris-brown-is-training-with-doncaster-rovers-1-8618062

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 27, 2017, 03:07:26 pm by Upton Rover »
GM also training with us. If any of the 2 I would choose GM

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 27, 2017, 04:42:08 pm by bobbymax »
We need to go forwards not backwards

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 27, 2017, 04:49:00 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I don't think many would say he's the future and the most likely scenario is he's just training with us.

If he doesn't get fixed up then and we don't have a back up to Marquis to lead the line then maybe there could be a short term deal if he can prove his fitness, who knows.

I think the club should avoid getting into the same situation as with Greeny last season when he was paraded in Friendlies and the Open Day

Is Marquies even going to be here next season Barry? I do hope so but he's taking his time signing a new contract

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 27, 2017, 04:50:00 pm by Susan Abbott »
We need to go forwards not backwards
Your right it sounds like Barrel scraping !!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 27, 2017, 05:48:06 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I'm concerned given our interest in Proctor I'd rather us look to a more mobile option than that type of player. If Brown gets through pre season unscathed he becomes a cheap option as a target man.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on June 27, 2017, 07:07:45 pm by selby »
Dont know how you get that Brown had a great season in a struggling team the last time he was here,Mcsheffrey has just had a poor  season in a good team.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 27, 2017, 07:27:12 pm by anton123 »
The season we won lg 1 he had a good season , think it was Leyton at home he has superb his hold up play was the best iv ever witnessed a rovers that day

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 27, 2017, 07:38:36 pm by selby »
He had a good enough season when we got relegated to be snapped up by another championship team.
  Thats because he was a good player at that level,both players have got fitness history.but Brown is the better option when fit IMHO.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 27, 2017, 08:03:10 pm by RedJ »
Than Marquis? maybe as an out and out target man, but Marquis is the better goalscorer.

Would have him on the right deal but only as backup.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 27, 2017, 08:24:59 pm by steve@dcfd »
I'm concerned given our interest in Proctor I'd rather us look to a more mobile option than that type of player. If Brown gets through pre season unscathed he becomes a cheap option as a target man.

According to Paul Goodwin Proctor looks like he's on his way to Rotherham. It was one player on a list of interests.

I believe what DF says they are with us for fitness.

We need better striker, I know the person will cost either wages or transfer fee and wages. But if we not looking to improve on Andy Williams then keep him. He looked as fit as abutchers dog yesterday both in speed and stamina. He as his faults but to get better and experienced striker we will have to pay.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 27, 2017, 08:31:03 pm by selby »
  We do not want Marquis to go anywhere,and he would benefit from another full season here and playing every week.
  Brown only if fit would be a good bench/cover for John.although I could never see him scoring as many goals, but the other strikers would certainly benefit from his hold up play.
  The question of the extended contract of Marquis still has to be resolved, as we do not want him to leave for nothing or on the cheap.
   He would definately improve our penalty taking,he is the best I have seen in a Rovers shirt.
  The most important thing is to keep Marquis and extend his contract. 

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 27, 2017, 08:34:38 pm by PDX_Rover »
Susan Abbott, the latest addition to the nine ring wraiths. Cheer up bloody hell :)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 27, 2017, 08:36:29 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Williams is a far better option than Proctor or Brown so unless we get someone better than Williams in I can't see the reason for allowing him to leave

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 27, 2017, 08:43:35 pm by mushRTID »
Williams is a far better option than Proctor or Brown so unless we get someone better than Williams in I can't see the reason for allowing him to leave

Wages. Fergie might be able to get 2 or 3 players with his wage.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 27, 2017, 09:13:13 pm by idler »
The season we won lg 1 he had a good season , think it was Leyton at home he has superb his hold up play was the best iv ever witnessed a rovers that day
I think that it was more likely to be the Yeovil game.
He was immense that day, a perfect centre forward's game. His hold up play was brilliant and as usual he took a lot of hammer from their defenders.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on June 27, 2017, 09:36:45 pm by DearneValleyRover »

I understand that but would they be better quality. Apparently Riki Lambert could be going to Plymouth now that would be an improvement

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 27, 2017, 10:07:19 pm by steve@dcfd »

If we want better than Andy Williams it will cost may be his wages. You don't get experienced strikers and centre defenders for peanuts.

DF is working to budget but we can't go any further it looks like until players go out, we can't, it appears, give Marquis a better contract that will keep him until we know who is going out and who is coming in.

In the mean time it appears that our choice for a centre halve and striker is getting smaller As targets go elsewhere.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 27, 2017, 10:41:33 pm by raggytash »
So much for the improved budget etc

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on June 27, 2017, 11:33:20 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We haven't got a clue what the budget is and what is already set aside. Do you want the Marquis issue resolved? Do you want Houghton signed back on?

The budget could very well be more than last season but a budget is just that.

It's not the time to be panicking yet!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 28, 2017, 09:21:11 am by selby »
Just what is the panic? we started the last season with two players at Accrington who had been training with us pre- season that very few knew were to sign for us.
  Houghton and Mason were something of a late addition to our squad, and their presence was kept within the club as far as possible, as far as I can remember.
  We  have the best backroom management team this club have had for years,I am sure they will have targets within the budget, and will be working on improving the team for the start of the season,

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on June 28, 2017, 11:13:12 am by RoversAlias »
Well said Selby. I think the lack of football this past six weeks has caused a lot of folk on here to feel like nowt's happening, people have gotten really carried away. Everyone seems to have forgotten that last year's early work to get all those players in was extremely rare, not just for us but for most clubs.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 28, 2017, 12:08:29 pm by steve@dcfd »
Well said Selby. I think the lack of football this past six weeks has caused a lot of folk on here to feel like nowt's happening, people have gotten really carried away. Everyone seems to have forgotten that last year's early work to get all those players in was extremely rare, not just for us but for most clubs.

Have to agree with that but it was said by DF and GB that they wanted to get their five targets in before the preseason training the others would follow after some of the transferred listed players had gone.

We have brought in three out of the five, which is good, but the manager and CEO both said the five to come in was not dependant of the five leaving in the budget.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 28, 2017, 12:27:10 pm by selby »
R.A. I feel you are being a little picky there mate.Dealing with agents and players that are trying to get the best deal to secure their future must be hard.
  Not only that I would hope that all the players we are after have other teams chasing their signature,and they may have a different time scale to ourselves.
  I would rather us take our time and get the right type of players that are going to improve us,than rush and get players that are no better than who we already have.
  A little trust in the management team to get things right before the start of the season would not go amiss.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on June 28, 2017, 01:10:05 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Have to agree with that but it was said by DF and GB that they wanted to get their five targets in before the preseason training the others would follow after some of the transferred listed players had gone.

We have brought in three out of the five, which is good, but the manager and CEO both said the five to come in was not dependant of the five leaving in the budget.
The two we missed out on obviously fit into the budget other players in those positions look as if they will cost more hence the delay

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 28, 2017, 01:47:02 pm by RoversAlias »
R.A. I feel you are being a little picky there mate.Dealing with agents and players that are trying to get the best deal to secure their future must be hard.
  Not only that I would hope that all the players we are after have other teams chasing their signature,and they may have a different time scale to ourselves.
  I would rather us take our time and get the right type of players that are going to improve us,than rush and get players that are no better than who we already have.
  A little trust in the management team to get things right before the start of the season would not go amiss.

Did you mean Steve was being picky? My post was entirely in agreement with you...

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 28, 2017, 01:57:13 pm by balbyrover »
Its a no from me for Brown. Think his best days are gone now and he has a pretty poor injury record to be honest.
Was a good player for us a few years back but i would rather look elsewhere.

I dont think DF will be interested in signing him anyway to be honest. Probably just helping him keep fit. Typical start of preseason.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on June 28, 2017, 04:01:27 pm by selby »
R.A. sorry I did mix up your post with Steve holding Fergie to a specific time scale.
  Its like the Mrs with me never forgets,and does not agree either.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on June 28, 2017, 06:47:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's a no brainer really. Why would you release Gary McSheffrey and sign Chris Brown when both are/were in similar situations.

Why take the same risk again?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012