Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:24:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Team/squad for next season  (Read 5756 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Team/squad for next season
« Reply #30 on July 09, 2017, 02:00:26 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Keeper - Marosi, Lawlor, Jones

Right Back - Alcock, Blair, Mason
Center Back - Baudry, Wright, Butler, Mason, McCullough, Fielding
Left Back - Andrew, Alcock, Mason, Garratt

Center Mid - Rowe, Whiteman, McCullough, Mason, Donaldson
Right Mid - Blair, Coppinger, Kiwomya
Left Mid - Rowe, Kiwomya, Longbottom

Attacking Midfield - Coppinger, Rowe, Mandeville, Beestin, Longbottom

Strikers - Marquis, Williams, Mandeville, May, Kiwomya

That's all our options without having to go into the youth team. Obviously were lacking one more player in center midfield but I don't think theres bad depth, depending on if we play 3 at the back we could definitely do with another center back. How do the younger players improve if they don't get game time?

You've missed middleton off there but I dont think he'll get around the team much anyway.....

Looking at it I think we definitely need another centre back and maybe even a different option for a striker as beyond the obvious two of Marquis and williams,, there's not that much experience.  If one of them two were to get injured we'd have to look at something else.

Like playing Mandeville, May or Kiwomya?

Some of us have doubts whether marquis can make the step up to League one so there must be bigger question marks on them.

We need to look for a striker around the 25 years old mark who has experience of playing in League one before,, because as it is i don't think our strike force is good enough in depth.  We need a striker with better experience than they can offer.

But how will those players ever get the experience to be good enough and experienced enough? Oxymoron? Only way we'll know if they can make the step up is if they have the chance to.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 09, 2017, 08:01:54 pm by Rovers91 »
I was just thinking about what our team currently looks like for next season. Currently something like

Lawlor
   Blair.       Baudry.          Butler.     Andrews

Mccolough
            Whiteman.                 Rowe 
                           Coppinger

Marquis.           kiwomyi

Subs
Marosi Alcock Wright mason Williams mandenville may

I know that people will have their own preference for certain positions but that's about our squad at the min unless Ive missed anyone out. Now what worries me is fergy says that he still wants a midfielder and maybe a defender. For me we have no where near enough depth. Just 1 injury and we're into the youth team allready.

Our midfield looks poor , we didn't win the league because we didn't have Houghton or someone with his ability and our president choice looks lacking in pace and ability and competitiveness .

That is quite a strong midfield it's the strength in depth that's the problem, but Luke, Rowe, Whiteman and Copps are a strong midfield four.

George Carter

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 09, 2017, 09:11:08 pm by George Carter »
Keeper - Marosi, Lawlor, Jones

Right Back - Alcock, Blair, Mason
Center Back - Baudry, Wright, Butler, Mason, McCullough, Fielding
Left Back - Andrew, Alcock, Mason, Garratt

Center Mid - Rowe, Whiteman, McCullough, Mason, Donaldson
Right Mid - Blair, Coppinger, Kiwomya
Left Mid - Rowe, Kiwomya, Longbottom

Attacking Midfield - Coppinger, Rowe, Mandeville, Beestin, Longbottom

Strikers - Marquis, Williams, Mandeville, May, Kiwomya

That's all our options without having to go into the youth team. Obviously were lacking one more player in center midfield but I don't think theres bad depth, depending on if we play 3 at the back we could definitely do with another center back. How do the younger players improve if they don't get game time?

You've missed middleton off there but I dont think he'll get around the team much anyway.....

Looking at it I think we definitely need another centre back and maybe even a different option for a striker as beyond the obvious two of Marquis and williams,, there's not that much experience.  If one of them two were to get injured we'd have to look at something else.

Like playing Mandeville, May or Kiwomya?

Some of us have doubts whether marquis can make the step up to League one so there must be bigger question marks on them.

We need to look for a striker around the 25 years old mark who has experience of playing in League one before,, because as it is i don't think our strike force is good enough in depth.  We need a striker with better experience than they can offer.

But how will those players ever get the experience to be good enough and experienced enough? Oxymoron? Only way we'll know if they can make the step up is if they have the chance to.

I get your point but another body with better experience than them wont do any harm,,

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 09, 2017, 09:19:11 pm by drfchound »
I was just thinking about what our team currently looks like for next season. Currently something like

Lawlor

Mccolough
                           Coppinger

Subs

I know that people will have their own preference for certain positions but that's about our squad at the min unless Ive missed anyone out. Now what worries me is fergy says that he still wants a midfielder and maybe a defender. For me we have no where near enough depth. Just 1 injury and we're into the youth team allready.

Our midfield looks poor , we didn't win the league because we didn't have Houghton or someone with his ability and our president choice looks lacking in pace and ability and competitiveness .

Rowe and Coppinger have tremendous ability.
McCullough is potentially a quality DM and a full International player.
I haven't seenWhiteman play but from reports on here that I have read,he is going to be the best midfielder in L1 this year.

That doesn't sound like a dodgy midfield to me.

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 09, 2017, 09:41:28 pm by Susan Abbott »

Lawlor

Mccolough
                           Coppinger

Subs

Rowe and Coppinger have tremendous ability.
McCullough is potentially a quality DM and a full International player.
I haven't seenWhiteman play but from reports on here that I have read,he is going to be the best midfielder in L1 this year.

That doesn't sound like a dodgy midfield to me.
We have some good players in midfield but not strength in numbers . DF made a lot about bringing new players but after loosing on targets signings and reversing on Williams leaving its starting  to look like he's head scratching for players as well as Marquis stalling on putting pen to paper. It's to be hoped preseason goes well for the squad and takes a bit of pressure off , for what must be frustrating maybe having look at trialists  and loans .

George Carter

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 10, 2017, 07:28:58 pm by George Carter »
I thought Longbottom plays on right and not left????

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 11, 2017, 07:36:40 am by DonnyOsmond »
I thought Longbottom plays on right and not left????

Based on? I read a long time ago he plays left or central and then when he came on at the end of the season he played in front of Alcock on the left.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012