Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:25:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Heckingbottom  (Read 12475 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Heckingbottom
« on July 13, 2017, 08:28:08 pm by the vicar »
Is intrested in making a bid for Marquis on his interview with radio deda

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Heckingbottom
« Reply #1 on July 13, 2017, 08:35:25 pm by selby »
Then test how BIG his interest is starting at £2.5million they are a big rich club now.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 13, 2017, 09:17:44 pm by drfchound »
It will test Marquis's resolve about how much he really does want to stay with us.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:53:37 pm by drfchound »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 13, 2017, 09:36:56 pm by the vicar »
he will if he does go wil be a fee of around 500-600 thousand as it is his last year in contract

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 13, 2017, 09:45:39 pm by selby »
Keep him till Christmas then and sell him to the Wednesdays, and Barnsley will be desperate to try and get out of the bottom three by then, and will pay more.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 13, 2017, 09:56:00 pm by Alan Southstand »
Assumptions police will be out again!

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 13, 2017, 10:06:05 pm by rich1471 »
To me the club are in a good position on this one , keep him he play well and score 20+ goals we have a chance of promotion or a play off place , keep him he score 10 goals  and has an average season who will want him , the only way he will leave is if he asks to go , and if someone come in with 500k for a player we signed for free 12 months ago not to bad , but what he really needs to think about is playing time , James husband  played for boro 11 or 12 times in 4 years the rest of the time he was out on loan, Marquis's  need a club were he plays and feels wanted or goes just for the MONEY. 

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 13, 2017, 10:17:41 pm by steve@dcfd »
It will test Marquis's resolve about how much he really does want to stay with us.

It will also test the resolve of the club how high they set the bar on a transfer fee and how much  they want him to stay.

Both the player and club have said they want him to stay so unless silly wages and silly transfer fee he should still be here.

Looked at Blackpool they have set a fee £750,000 for Potts and he is 23 came from Carlisle and scored 16 goals in 97 games. Championship Clubs are interested but he is still there.

So like some supporters don't set your sights to low if he goes and I don't want him to then the fee should show the resolve of the club.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:57:43 am by steve@dcfd »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 13, 2017, 10:30:42 pm by the vicar »
Keep him till Christmas then and sell him to the Wednesdays, and Barnsley will be desperate to try and get out of the bottom three by then, and will pay more.
Barnsley don't pay more than that, and if he wants to go DF wont stand in his way

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 13, 2017, 10:35:23 pm by steve@dcfd »
Barnsley don't pay more than that, and if he wants to go DF wont stand in his way

DF said today he is happy with his forwards, if he goes then we will looking for another striker aswell as CB and 2 midfield players.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 13, 2017, 10:41:54 pm by the vicar »
Players come players go its a way of life we will live wirh it, but if he goes there and they go down he will get loads of stick when we play them

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 13, 2017, 10:45:08 pm by silent majority »
Barnsley don't pay inflated salaries, he won't be going there.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 14, 2017, 06:33:20 am by GazLaz »

They will be able to get a very large pay rise and play at a higher level though.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 14, 2017, 08:52:25 am by the vicar »
Till they go down this season

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 14, 2017, 09:04:51 am by silent majority »

They will be able to get a very large pay rise and play at a higher level though.

No they won't. Barnsley's salary level is on a par with ours.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 14, 2017, 09:06:07 am by NickDRFC »
Someone suggested recently that Sam Winnall was on £7.5k at Barnsley. Either they are completely wrong or you are!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 14, 2017, 09:32:17 am by selby »
Thats the point though Nick,when he left Barnsley he was reported to have almost trebled his wage to 19k a week.
    Marquis can do better than Barnsley,on what I have seen of the two players he has a more all round game than Winnal,l and can go higher in the ladder than a club who is going to struggle this season.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 14, 2017, 09:33:27 am by Colemans Left Hook »

No they won't. Barnsley's salary level is on a par with ours.

I respect that the above is true
but as we all know tricks of the trade exist

for example
to hold sporting events in the uk

I know how the government circumnavigated the tax rules  AGAIN with the Major Sporting Events (income Tax Exemption) Regulations 2017  just in time for the foreign players to pay no tax on income earned in the UK  at Cardiff

so getting back on track after a deviation wot trick have the dingles got 

extra payment into the players pension fund
a slice of the sell on fee
????

there's obviously some trick that is turning Barnsley FC into the new Clapham Junction

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 14, 2017, 09:40:46 am by the vicar »
I think we are getting carried away over John M, he proved his self in league 2 last season and to an extent with was it Northampton the season before, he needs to prove it a step at a time, if he goes straight to the championship he could make himself look silly and like a fish out of water so one step at a time

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 14, 2017, 09:46:45 am by jamesrover17 »
At least all this whoo-har with Marquis is drawing away from one of our big assets in Liam Mandeville, if I was a team higher up the footballing pyramid, I know who I would be splashing the cash on, I have a sneaking suspicion our strike force next season will be lethal.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 14, 2017, 09:54:24 am by the vicar »
I agree with that James totally

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 14, 2017, 10:01:19 am by steve@dcfd »
I think we are getting carried away over John M, he proved his self in league 2 last season and to an extent with was it Northampton the season before, he needs to prove it a step at a time, if he goes straight to the championship he could make himself look silly and like a fish out of water so one step at a time

Yes he doesn't want to leave, he stays with us on contract extension we can agree. He then proves himself in League 1 and his value will certainly be better, although it will be at a good level now. If we are going to be competitive then all our strike force will have to rise to the challenge we will need them all this season.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 14, 2017, 10:28:13 am by Colemans Left Hook »

unless (as I keep saying ) he went to  Sheffield United (friends re-united) I checked their forwards and not impressed

It's now over a year since I told you all what a brilliant signing JM was and that if Billy Blunt had not been there the manager would have nicked him last season - BB has to be slowly eased out of the team just how the same will happen to Copps  and then he'll move for JM

as more and more foreigners "pollute"  the championship the British players have to drop down the pyramid and it gets worse every year  and then we have the army of young loanees from the to clubs including Chelsea reserves playing at Hull .

so in my world the championship is "a bridge too far" unless  that bridge is supported by a manager who knows JM's game and that manager is not going to get sacked - from memory over half the championship managers got sacked last season saying that we know Fergie isn't going to get sacked

the vicar should have used my best mate omar bogle as a fish out of water example  he wouldn't sign an extension in December and the shrewdies knew he was on his bike (sorry car - as he passed his driving test just before his transfer) now he's at his right level

so it's JM to the Blades in January for me

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 14, 2017, 11:07:55 am by selby »
We all want the same things,JM has been a great signing and by his,and the managments efforts, has improved his standing in the game and his transfer value.
  We the club should,and have to, look after our own interests and require the best value for our  asset.J.M. needs to look to his own future, and earn as much as he can in what is a short career that can be cut even shorter by injury.
  We all need to be realistic,if a bigger club come along we do not want to do what we have done in the past,and sell too cheap.
  That has been the supporters main gripe in the past,we want a good fee and a sell on clause to our and the players advantage.
   And while I am at it I am not pleased with Radio Sheffield discussing our player with another clubs manager,its  tapping up in public, and not the first time that they have disrespected this club to the advantage of other local clubs.
   It is the only time they show any interest in us,when they can have a go at us or disrupt us to the advantage of the other local clubs.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 14, 2017, 11:29:58 am by Goole Rover »
A very accurate and sensible view my friend.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 14, 2017, 12:06:30 pm by wing commander »
   I'm just not with the majority of people when it comes to Marquis...He was great for us last season and he had a great run of form but I just don't believe he's got much more improvement in him,only time will tell though...For me Liam Mandeville is a much much better prospect,i watch that lad play and I think he has the potential to play a lot higher,technically he's very good....Marquis is good but doesn't warrant this level of worry if we lose him...

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 14, 2017, 01:25:07 pm by Alan Southstand »
WC, I don't know what it is that you have against him, but put simply, we do not possess another front man like him. Add to that, we found it very difficult to find a suitable replacement for Williams and you have a recipe for disaster if JM leaves. Maybe not a disaster, but we will find it extremely difficult getting someone in who offers us what he does. Don't even start to tell me that AW can cover, because he's not tough enough.

Best thing all round for JM, Club and supporters is that he does the sensible thing and signs on for longer.

Go back and read again what Jonathan wrote about keeping him - if JM had played for, say, Plymouth last season and got 26 goals for them and then we'd signed him this summer - you would have been chuffed to bits.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 14, 2017, 01:37:53 pm by wing commander »
     I have nothing against him Alan...What kind of idiotic comment is that??? Just because I don't think he's as good as some people are making out doesn't mean I have anything against him...
     I don't need to go back and read anybody's synopsis of players when I watch them week in and week out...He's a decent player but I think he had a great season playing at the top end of his potential with limited room for improvement and not a patch on Mandeville...If it was down to you, every time a player has a good few months run of form you would drop your pants and offer them the world on a endless contract and leave us with a team of Evina's.. which by the way, we argued about the other week and it turned out we are still going to be paying him for most of the season like I said......Marquis has had one good year after a number of very very average ones it doesn't make him Ronaldo or irreplaceable..

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 14, 2017, 04:50:48 pm by Alan Southstand »
Idiotic?

Argued?

Irreplaceable?

Come on, this is a discussion, man.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 04:52:59 pm by Alan Southstand »

Fur Calf

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 14, 2017, 05:02:55 pm by Fur Calf »
At this point JM is way ahead of Manderville because he scored 26 goals in one season, is strong and more physical and can ruffle/antagonise defenders.  Manderville in comparison is easily knocked off the ball whereby big strong defenders can out muscle him, although he has potential which may or may not come to fruition.  Hopefully in time Manderville can realise his potential and do that with us whilst becoming slicker with his football brain.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012