Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:45:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Middleton  (Read 3216 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Middleton
« on July 17, 2017, 08:30:18 am by selby »
   I have waited a couple of days to see if there was any comments on his performance on Saturday.
   He played much deeper than usual,only made one poor pass and was a big improvement on the first half showing with regards to passing ability.
  Also I have not seen a mention of the left back from Grimsby,he looked good to me.
  Marosi made a wonder save,and although the standard of the opposition was not league standard  Tadcaster impressed me and played well.A great little ground,a good pitch and a welcoming club house.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
Re: Middleton
« Reply #1 on July 17, 2017, 11:21:01 am by elmsallrover »
Totally agree the lad from Grimsby looked quality as a good eye for goal as well cracking shot in 1st half if the keeper had got a hand to that it would have taken it straight off

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 17, 2017, 12:51:44 pm by phil old leake »
Marosi should be number 1 for me

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 17, 2017, 01:25:25 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Always thought Middleton wasn't a bad passer of the ball. He just isn't athletic enough for our team or add anything defensively.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 17, 2017, 01:26:30 pm by Rovers91 »
Marosi should be number 1 for me

Lawlor is better, Marosi very good shot stopper but Lawlors distribution and presence to command his area is a lot better than Marosi and overall ability.
But it's good to have two young keepers on the books that are capable when picked.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 17, 2017, 01:45:50 pm by selby »
Donny I always said if Perlo and Maradonna had been English they would not have played for England Perlo would have been too slow and the master too small.
    I love runners.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 17, 2017, 03:39:48 pm by andyst79 »
Who's Perlo?!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 17, 2017, 04:03:50 pm by selby »
Andyst79,sorry Pirlo, you know the bloke who  walked around the pitch, and made England look like a team of RUNNERS instead of footballers.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 17, 2017, 04:18:22 pm by balbyrover »
Andyst79,sorry Pirlo, you know the bloke who  walked around the pitch, and made England look like a team of RUNNERS instead of footballers.

And the bloke who had the audacity to chip Joe Hart in the shootout.
Incredibly gifted player.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 17, 2017, 04:39:52 pm by karldew »
Wasn't Middleton playing CB?

Thought Andrews looked decent and good overlapping but final ball looked as good as Evinas?.

Don't think we can take much from the game other than minutes in the bank.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 17, 2017, 05:16:38 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Donny I always said if Perlo and Maradonna had been English they would not have played for England Perlo would have been too slow and the master too small.
    I love runners.

Some players have ability in other areas to get away with it. It just shows he isn't at our level physically when the one chance he got when Houghton got injured he chased after a player looking like he was running through syrup then we ended up conceding.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 17, 2017, 06:23:56 pm by selby »
Nothing to do with Blair being out of position,giving the ball away in a dangerous position then,all Middletons fault for not being a flyer.
  Masons attempted clearance at Carlisle was as bad as Evinas at Crewe, but nothing ever said.
  The one thing you cannot pin on Middleton is the abject surrender at the end of the season,he didnt play,all the crowds favourites did,they were terrible.
  Alcock and Mason were not even National League standard.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 17, 2017, 07:36:44 pm by drfchound »
As I have said before, when players who are "crowd targets" make errors they are talked about for months.
Anything good they do is conveniently forgotten.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 17, 2017, 08:35:53 pm by andyst79 »
Milan thought he was past it 😂😂😂

George Carter

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 17, 2017, 11:47:12 pm by George Carter »
Middleton is one of the most frustrating players Ive seen in 40 years of watching us and by heck theres been some cack.

He's obviously got a lot of talent for a bit of a porky lad,, but i dont know what his best position is yet and he must have played 100 games for us now.

I didnt go on saturday but if he's played well then hopefully fergie's kick up the arse plan by putting him on the transfer list has worked.

Now have we signed a defender or three yet??????

TinyPortal © 2005-2012