Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:30:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ifollow  (Read 21777 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Ifollow
« Reply #90 on August 03, 2017, 09:28:57 pm by silent majority »
IFollow

Q: IFollow states that overseas subscribers can watch 46 games per season and that over 1500 games are to be streamed, can you watch any game or only those of the club you are registered with?
Q:Is there a Windows app available? How many non-live games can overseas subscribers watch? Are these game part of the 46 games quota?

A: Thank you for contacting iFollow support.

iFollow subscriptions cover the 46 league games; however, some clubs will be broadcasting some of their friendlies through the iFollow player.

Broadcasting is up to the club. Please contact the club directly at /contact-us/ to see which matches they will broadcast through the club’s iFollow site.

Is Saturday's game being broadcast? I'm out of the country and might try it although the app is useless.
It states that 46 games are being streamed so I would think it is, but it will cost you $130 Euros for the overseas live package.

From what I've seen advertised you can watch a one off game for a fiver.

Straight off the EFL website;

Can I purchase a pass on a monthly basis or for a single game?

At present only season passes are available.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on August 03, 2017, 09:56:45 pm by MrFrost »
IFollow

Q: IFollow states that overseas subscribers can watch 46 games per season and that over 1500 games are to be streamed, can you watch any game or only those of the club you are registered with?
Q:Is there a Windows app available? How many non-live games can overseas subscribers watch? Are these game part of the 46 games quota?

iFollow subscriptions cover the 46 league games; however, some clubs will be broadcasting some of their friendlies through the iFollow player.

Broadcasting is up to the club. Please contact the club directly at /contact-us/ to see which matches they will broadcast through the club’s iFollow site.

Is Saturday's game being broadcast? I'm out of the country and might try it although the app is useless.
It states that 46 games are being streamed so I would think it is, but it will cost you $130 Euros for the overseas live package.

Hmmm, when you sign up through our website it gives an option for a one off game.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on August 04, 2017, 01:09:19 am by silent majority »
IFollow

Hmmm, when you sign up through our website it gives an option for a one off game.
No it doesn't. What it did give you was an opportunity for a one off (free) audio presentation of the friendly against Wednesday.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on August 04, 2017, 11:12:21 am by SydneyRover »
I'll be interested in any reports from overseas users of this service regarding access, quality and whether anyone is getting access via Windows as the answers I've received from them are basic at best and others reporting problems with the apps, thanks in advance

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on August 04, 2017, 11:17:32 am by MrFrost »
IFollow

No it doesn't. What it did give you was an opportunity for a one off (free) audio presentation of the friendly against Wednesday.

It was there yesterday and has now been conveniently removed.

Never mind, people have already found a loophole to get round having to pay.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on August 04, 2017, 11:24:24 am by idler »
Not real fans then are they?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on August 04, 2017, 11:39:40 am by MrFrost »

Ever watched a live stream illegally?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on August 04, 2017, 01:24:29 pm by graingrover »
Why is there a nasty turn developing I wonder !

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on August 04, 2017, 01:31:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Club newsletter today says they are now offering match passes for £5 for overseas fans.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on August 04, 2017, 02:20:17 pm by Superspy »
Club newsletter today says they are now offering match passes for £5 for overseas fans.

The option was there several days ago as I saw it myself, regardless of whatever it says on the EFL site.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on August 04, 2017, 02:47:30 pm by MrFrost »

The option was there several days ago as I saw it myself, regardless of whatever it says on the EFL site.

I wonder if Martin will apologise.
It's no longer available on the website unfortunately

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on August 04, 2017, 03:29:18 pm by Superspy »
Yeah I've just seen it isn't there now. When I looked the other day there wasn't a subscribe link, but in place it said something like "available from the match centre".

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on August 04, 2017, 04:31:33 pm by silent majority »

Apologise for what? Pointing out that the EFL have categorically stated that its not available on a match by match basis!

Edit! A small apology. It turns out that the EFL haven't updated their website and they will be issuing monthly and day passes. The service will vary depending on your location but it may well be possible to go on holiday and catch a game that you would otherwise miss.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 04:38:27 pm by silent majority »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on August 04, 2017, 04:33:46 pm by MrFrost »

Apologise for what? Pointing out that the EFL have categorically stated that its not available on a match by match basis!

Where as the club are saying it is.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on August 04, 2017, 04:38:46 pm by silent majority »

See above.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on August 04, 2017, 04:56:10 pm by MrFrost »

See above.

I did think I was going mad for a moment!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on August 05, 2017, 12:24:02 am by idler »
Yes I have.
The difference is that I wouldn't want to watch my team for free and deprive them of the money needed for them to progress. An odd game might not matter but to watch all of your team's games for nothing is definitely offside (pun intended.)
I have no compunctions about watching the odd Premier League game and depriving the greedy big time clubs of the odd bob or two.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on August 05, 2017, 10:22:18 am by silent majority »
If it helps this is the official EFL release information. Just search for Doncaster Rovers in the app store and install from there.

iFollow Match Passes Now Available
New official [club] app also launched ahead of the opening weekend of the season

Overseas [club] fans wanting to watch this season’s action via iFollow can now purchase match passes, in addition to season long subscriptions. A match pass, costing the equivalent of just £5, will allow overseas fans to choose specific Sky Bet EFL matches to watch during the regular league season and offers fans greater choice in how they follow [club].

The new subscription offer is available ahead of the opening day of the season, which sees [club fixture details] live on iFollow on [date] in [insert club]’s first ever Sky Bet EFL league fixture to be broadcast online to overseas fans. A further 30 fixtures will be available to fans across the league over the opening weekend.

Additionally, [club] has today launched a new official club app which is available for free from the App Store and Google Play Store. Fans must download the official app in order to live stream any match via iFollow when using an iOS (Apple Store) and Android (Google Play Store) device.

Overseas fans wanting to find out more about iFollow can view subscription packages [link to subscription page] and FAQs [link to FAQs].

iFollow will, for the first time in English football, enable EFL fans based outside the UK and Republic of Ireland to watch their team during the regular Sky Bet EFL season. With an estimated 270,000 EFL fans based outside the UK, iFollow will allow clubs to enable their supporters to follow the action wherever they are in the world. More than 1,500 matches will be available in HD quality, with iFollow showing every EFL league match live unless that match has been selected by the EFL’s overseas broadcast partners.

Fans based in the UK and Republic of Ireland will still also have access to live audio commentary, highlights packages and exclusive content as part of the new offering, rebranded to replace the EFL’s previous PlayerHD platform.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 10:29:15 am by silent majority »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on August 05, 2017, 10:25:56 am by MrFrost »
It isn't showing on our site still. Checked some other clubs and seems to be available elsewhere. Any suggestions?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on August 05, 2017, 10:30:04 am by silent majority »
It isn't showing on our site still. Checked some other clubs and seems to be available elsewhere. Any suggestions?

Have you downloaded the app? Just search for Doncaster Rovers.

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on August 05, 2017, 10:45:53 am by Batleyred »
I've signed up for the season pass but keeps taking my bank info etc and when i click to purchase it keeps returning me to the payment page again. This happens every time.

HELP  :crying:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on August 05, 2017, 10:46:44 am by Filo »
Could you watch the live games, say if you were on holiday overseas, or would your account be restricted by where it was registered?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on August 05, 2017, 10:46:52 am by GazLaz »

Have you downloaded the app? Just search for Doncaster Rovers.

Do you have to get someone to hold your cock when you're having a piss Frosty?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on August 05, 2017, 10:48:03 am by silent majority »
I've signed up for the season pass but keeps taking my bank info etc and when i click to purchase it keeps returning me to the payment page again. This happens every time.

HELP  :crying:

https://www.efl.com/iFollow/international-fans/

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on August 05, 2017, 10:49:06 am by silent majority »
Could you watch the live games, say if you were on holiday overseas, or would your account be restricted by where it was registered?

I think that's the idea behind match day passes. I certainly hope so because of the amount of games I miss whilst travelling.

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on August 05, 2017, 10:52:37 am by Batleyred »
I'm in the UK SM.

I've read and followed the link. Something simple to do is becoming a nightmare  :lol:

Is their something i am missing ?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on August 05, 2017, 10:54:53 am by Filo »

I think that's the idea behind match day passes. I certainly hope so because of the amount of games I miss whilst travelling.

A VPN, might come in handy then 😜

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on August 05, 2017, 10:57:25 am by silent majority »
I'm in the UK SM.

I've read and followed the link. Something simple to do is becoming a nightmare  :lol:

Is their something i am missing ?

I'm not sure then. I signed up for the free account, downloaded the app and have been able to access the info from there. There's a section in the app that shows your subscription info.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on August 05, 2017, 11:04:46 am by RedJ »

That was my first thought when the whole thing was announced. I'd be interested to see if anybody not going today is able to access a stream using a VPN.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on August 05, 2017, 11:27:24 am by Filo »

That was my first thought when the whole thing was announced. I'd be interested to see if anybody not going today is able to access a stream using a VPN.

I access Skygo from abroad on my ipad, i should imagine Ifollow would follow same protacols

TinyPortal © 2005-2012