Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:30:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coppinger  (Read 5429 times)

balbyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Coppinger
« Reply #30 on July 20, 2017, 10:16:06 pm by balbyrover »
It is hard to imagine our team without Copps in it.
Hopefully the manager won't feel the need to play him for 70 minutes every week because it cost us a few points towards the end of last season.
[/quote It was Copps himself that wanted to come off after70 minutes.

I am well aware of that mate.
He was carrying an injury.
I was saying that I hope the MANAGER doesn't decide to bring Copps off after 70 minutes.
As many of us are aware, it cost us some points in those last few games.

Why would Coppinger want to play for a manager that doesn't listen to him?
If he feels that 70 mins a week is his limit to keep him ticking over then that should be respected. The blokes not a superhero and I'm sure he knows his own body.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 20, 2017, 10:20:46 pm by drfchound »
It is hard to imagine our team without Copps in it.
Hopefully the manager won't feel the need to play him for 70 minutes every week because it cost us a few points towards the end of last season.
[/quote It was Copps himself that wanted to come off after70 minutes.

I am well aware of that mate.
He was carrying an injury.
I was saying that I hope the MANAGER doesn't decide to bring Copps off after 70 minutes.
As many of us are aware, it cost us some points in those last few games.

Why would Coppinger want to play for a manager that doesn't listen to him?
If he feels that 70 mins a week is his limit to keep him ticking over then that should be respected. The blokes not a superhero and I'm sure he knows his own body.

Has Copps said that he wants to come off after 70 minutes in the coming season.?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 20, 2017, 11:17:17 pm by dknward2 »
Copps wants to play every minute he can but if he knows he can't he is man enough to admit that so will ask to be subbed, now if we sub him with a player like this new French lad then it make work out very well

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 21, 2017, 07:04:33 pm by drfchound »
So, as I was saying, he was carrying an injury in those final games last season and knew he would only get through 70 minutes or so therefore he knew he would be coming off.
As far as I am aware Copps  hasn't suggested that he may only last 70 minutes in games this season so I hope that the manager doesn't feel the need to sub him unneccaseraly.

George Carter

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 21, 2017, 08:46:01 pm by George Carter »
Coppinger is nothing compared to john oster when it comes to being scared to shoot..  he used to drive me crazy with his lack of wanting to lace the bloody thing when he got in a good position.

Has anyone else noticed with coppinger how he always seems to score loads more goals and have loads more shots in the second half of the season than he does in the first bit of the season?????

I think last year was the first time hed had a good goals return before Xmas!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012