Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 03:34:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Catering nothings changed  (Read 33463 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Catering nothings changed
« Reply #210 on September 06, 2017, 05:42:43 pm by silent majority »
What are you all talking about?....... there's no issue here, it's just all your opinions...... we have letters praising our facilities.

I note that this particular comment is obviously aimed at me. But your hypocrisy speaks volumes. For someone who works for a subcontracting company at the Keepmoat you were quick to argue their case, yet you're happy to bash another subcontractor at the Keepmoat.

As for your misinterpretation of what I've put on this particular thread let me spell it out for you simple terms. I've probably spoken to the club about this topic more than any other supporter, and I've done it consistently for quite a few years now trying to force through improvements . However the point I've made on here is that just being armed with an opinion is never going to prove your argument especially when they can support their argument better than you can. They do have letters of support and emails from other supporters who aren't happy with the content of this thread. It doesn't matter whether you believe that or not they do have them.

Furthermore they also have CCTV coverage that can more accurately measure the time taken to serve individual customer. Yes the queues can build up but how can you argue when the evidence is put before you? They also employ mystery shoppers to gauge the service levels and have senior staff patrolling the concourses to identify the hot spots.

The points I have made is that the club are well aware of the situation, they are not hiding or shirking from their responsibility (why would they?) but if you intend to offer criticism at least do it with a level head, sarcasm is easy.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #211 on September 06, 2017, 05:51:07 pm by silent majority »
The reality is that people have been complaining about the catering in the concourses for years and nothing has improved. That's the reality.

No its not. It has improved but does break down occasionally. I can speak better for the East Stand because I frequent that one and can point to the various improvements, such as;

Donny's Deli - a website designed to serve families in their seats
Pre-ordering of half time drinks
Redesigned queuing systems so that more people can be served (from 2 till points to 3 or 4 depending on the game) at the Southern end
Redesigned drinks queue with an extra till point
The opening of the outlets at the northern end of the East stand at every possible occasion
Frozen lollies and other items being made available to children on the concourses and in their seats
Chip portions were made bigger
Hot and soft drinks made available at the beer outlet so that people didn't have to queue twice

etc etc.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #212 on September 06, 2017, 06:05:33 pm by MrFrost »
What are you all talking about?....... there's no issue here, it's just all your opinions...... we have letters praising our facilities.

I note that this particular comment is obviously aimed at me. But your hypocrisy speaks volumes. For someone who works for a subcontracting company at the Keepmoat you were quick to argue their case, yet you're happy to bash another subcontractor at the Keepmoat.

As for your misinterpretation of what I've put on this particular thread let me spell it out for you simple terms. I've probably spoken to the club about this topic more than any other supporter, and I've done it consistently for quite a few years now trying to force through improvements . However the point I've made on here is that just being armed with an opinion is never going to prove your argument especially when they can support their argument better than you can. They do have letters of support and emails from other supporters who aren't happy with the content of this thread. It doesn't matter whether you believe that or not they do have them.

Furthermore they also have CCTV coverage that can more accurately measure the time taken to serve individual customer. Yes the queues can build up but how can you argue when the evidence is put before you? They also employ mystery shoppers to gauge the service levels and have senior staff patrolling the concourses to identify the hot spots.

The points I have made is that the club are well aware of the situation, they are not hiding or shirking from their responsibility (why would they?) but if you intend to offer criticism at least do it with a level head, sarcasm is easy.

Check the CCTV from the west stand at week.
While you're at it, ask them to check why the fridge isn't working.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #213 on September 06, 2017, 06:10:02 pm by silent majority »

Why don't you do it?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #214 on September 06, 2017, 06:11:18 pm by MrFrost »

Why don't you do it?

Why should I?

Let's face it, the club are ignorant to everyone who has an issue with it.

Your claim that they have letters from supporters praising the kiosks is absolutely laughable.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #215 on September 06, 2017, 06:15:27 pm by silent majority »

Why don't you do it?

Why should I?

Let's face it, the club are ignorant to everyone who has an issue with it.

Your claim that they have letters from supporters praising the kiosks is absolutely laughable.

I see nothings changed in your world.

PS. Its not my claim

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #216 on September 06, 2017, 06:58:24 pm by not on facebook »
I find it hard take in that when was only three home games last year in the south stand ,cambridge crawley and blackpool that I noticed the serve lack of bottled stock in the fridges at half time .so I find it hard that centreplate has someone going around Checking the kiosks as a low stock level is not good .

It don't effect me personally as I only have bovril and sausage roll or rolls and they are G R E A T as tony tiger would say.

Only ever had problem with bovril once when it was cold and it went back and they changed it and I can live with that .
Iam only picking up from what I read on here tbh

Good luck with this SM as you seem to be taking the brunt off the issues with centreplate.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on September 06, 2017, 07:16:13 pm by not on facebook »
When I think about it I find it shocking from centreplate that SM seems to be the one on here taking all the flack for them.

I bet my last $$$$$ against a free supply of bovril and sausage rolls whenever I go to a game ,that some high management centreplate members are allways clicking onto VSC as a guest and reading this thread.

Why don't someone within their ranks defend centreplate on this thread instead of doing nowt .

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on September 06, 2017, 07:36:20 pm by silent majority »
When I think about it I find it shocking from centreplate that SM seems to be the one on here taking all the flack for them.

I bet my last $$$$$ against a free supply of bovril and sausage rolls whenever I go to a game ,that some high management centreplate members are allways clicking onto VSC as a guest and reading this thread.

Why don't someone within their ranks defend centreplate on this thread instead of doing nowt .

I'm not taking the flack for them, I'm more than happy to take issues to the club and find resolutions to those issues. What irks me is that certain individuals like to be rude about it and others don't accept the responses. For some reason they want to target the messenger.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on September 06, 2017, 10:06:53 pm by wesisback »
They do have letters of support and emails from other supporters who aren't happy with the content of this thread. It doesn't matter whether you believe that or not they do have them.
I'll choose not to ta! Anyone actively telling Centreplate they are doing a good job can only possibly be sat in hospitality. Its odd that anyone could find the time to fire an email to the club with praise and criticism of those giving feedback on here yet not one person has come up in support of Centreplate on the thread itself.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #220 on September 06, 2017, 10:51:07 pm by not on facebook »
Nail on the head there about the letters been written after whatever punters have had the experience of the centreplate catering in the excecutive part of the ground .

Most of these letters will be from brides or brides mums after receptions  have  been held there etc etc.

I doubt that centreplate has received any letters claiming that whatever punters  under the stands kiosks  experience was great .

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #221 on September 06, 2017, 11:10:58 pm by Dagenham Rover »
They do have letters of support and emails from other supporters who aren't happy with the content of this thread. It doesn't matter whether you believe that or not they do have them.
I'll choose not to ta! Anyone actively telling Centreplate they are doing a good job can only possibly be sat in hospitality. Its odd that anyone could find the time to fire an email to the club with praise and criticism of those giving feedback on here yet not one person has come up in support of Centreplate on the thread itself.

The occasions I've been in the hospitality its been excellent all the way through, on the concourses I've had cold coffee, cheeseburgers that are cold with the buns hard,  asked for lager although theres no identification on the the price list what I may be served (Buds identified with a price  however  "lager" as stated on the main  main pricelist could be rocket fuel or piss water it does not say ) warm coke tbh I rarely bother anymore.

So out of interest do Centreplate pay Drfc a fixed amount every year/season end of, or do they pay drfc a fixed amount plus a percentage if sales go over and above a certain amount, or do they pay a percentage on all sales

We'll never be told but I've got an idea which it is :) 

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #222 on September 07, 2017, 12:33:10 am by hoolahoop »

The occasions I've been in the hospitality its been excellent all the way through, on the concourses I've had cold coffee, cheeseburgers that are cold with the buns hard,  asked for lager although theres no identification on the the price list what I may be served (Buds identified with a price  however  "lager" as stated on the main  main pricelist could be rocket fuel or piss water it does not say ) warm coke tbh I rarely bother anymore.

So out of interest do Centreplate pay Drfc a fixed amount every year/season end of, or do they pay drfc a fixed amount plus a percentage if sales go over and above a certain amount, or do they pay a percentage on all sales

Are you suggesting that the middle one is the method they would pursue I. E. To be content at a certain level a ceiling so to speak because that would make sense.
Given that the average spend per supporter of one of the highest in the EFL ; it may well be that the club have an increased commission, the higher turnover becomes therefore the incentive for Centreplate to increase sales substantially might not be in their best interests .
It depends on the way the company / club have negotiated terms . Incidentally it's a shame that there hasn't been a replacement franchise for the cider one in the South East part of the Polypipe Stand .

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #223 on September 07, 2017, 08:41:41 am by Dagenham Rover »

Are you suggesting that the middle one is the method they would pursue I. E. To be content at a certain level a ceiling so to speak because that would make sense.
Given that the average spend per supporter of one of the highest in the EFL ; it may well be that the club have an increased commission, the higher turnover becomes therefore the incentive for Centreplate to increase sales substantially might not be in their best interests .
It depends on the way the company / club have negotiated terms . Incidentally it's a shame that there hasn't been a replacement franchise for the cider one in the South East part of the Polypipe Stand .

:that: not that I know because I don't but it would make sense

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #224 on September 07, 2017, 10:12:42 am by silent majority »

Sorry Hoola, inaccurate speculation again. Of course they're incentivised why wouldn't they be?

As for the cider franchise that's not their remit but was a commercial agreement done by the commercial team at the club.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #225 on September 07, 2017, 10:49:22 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
it is pretty crap, but I do wonder if it's a case of get what you pay for.  If the contract with them doesn't have enough checks in it, they'll get away with a lot of things.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #226 on September 07, 2017, 11:29:42 am by not on facebook »
This thread will filter out before bonfire night as CP and DRFC will do bugger all about it .

The season will play through with no updates on how the CP standards
are within the kiosks under the stands ,as it will just be accepted fact .

Then at start of the 2018/19  season after 1st home game ,there will be another thread started about CP food and service standards at the kiosks ,and the issues will be exactly the same as today.

The only thing that will have changed is a price increase on all products at CP.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #227 on September 09, 2017, 10:50:58 am by hoolahoop »

Sorry Hoola, inaccurate speculation again. Of course they're incentivised why wouldn't they be?

As for the cider franchise that's not their remit but was a commercial agreement done by the commercial team at the club.

Certainly not - I have negotiated contracts of this nature in the past for 2 businesses I ran so I know the brief.
Everything about DRFC is and has always been run in relative secrecy : owners, player transfers , wages, how the place was bought, directors loans  etc etc . Football is the only business I know that seems to have a secret world of its own . It's just furtive - I think that will soon be coming to an end thankfully ; i appreciate our club does offer some windows into it's day to day dealings . Fortunately we have you to tell us what they don't do rather than what they actually do .
Supporters officials generally just accept the ineptitude of the whole operation and well supporters  generally aren't considered " customers "  in the true sense of the word . Again I know our club is way better than most . An indictment on the way the rest of football operates generally .

I am fully aware that the " cider franchise " has nothing to do with Centreplate,  otherwise I wouldn't have called it a franchise in the first place . I would hope and expect that the owners of an organisation would not allow a multiple level franchise operation on its premises.
However my point still stands , why doesn't the club install a craft beer or bottle  bar in in this corner manned by BVB staff on match days - to ease congestion . Even God forbid put a stud wall in this area with some more seating , we have many elderly and disabled supporters who search for  Somewhere to sit in comfort and dare I say it warmth ? It would ( if priced reasonably ) more than pay for any investment laid out .
Instead all we have are a few metal benches for the whole stand . We still haven't " Roverised " the place properly since we moved into this fabulous stadium. Yes I admit a lot of work has been done but still,  after so many years , there is much to do . Here I must apologise for digressing. More toilet cubicles would help too !

I note that you took the comment from one of the posters personally re. " taking the flak for them " - you bristled at that but it was a compliment on the work you actually do and the interest  you show in the club from a supporters point of view. Why not accept it that way ?

I don't suggest that any of the comments on here are entirely accurate however their is a concensus about the catering in general and most think it's average at best. All the letters , multitudinous e- mails praising Centreplate will not persuade those missing customers of the merits of using existing facilities .

As a final point , if all the relevant management checks are undertaken as I suggested and the operation is still considered by the customers as inadequate ; then senior management need to look at their operation in more depth . The perception from the " customers " in the cheap seats is that the product and service from Centreplate fails CCC : Customer/ Centreplate/ Club. Not all the time but far too often

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #228 on September 09, 2017, 01:27:04 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Nail on head. It's like comparing your typical pub chain providing consistent averageness, where the staff and managers don't really care, it's just a job, to your independent pubs/landlords who do care and provide a quality product as it's their livelihood.

I don't know how long it would take to get a change to the menu in a Witherspoon's pub but you can imagine that Joe Bloggs customer has minimal influence on it. So dealing with Centreplate must be like pulling teeth. We're never going to get above average service or products for the masses but it will continue to be adequate in terms of fulfilling the contract. You might be able to nibble around the edges but just like a Centreplate burger, the core is an immoveable object.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #229 on September 10, 2017, 12:59:53 pm by silent majority »
Hoola,

With reference to your points about changes to the accommodation in the South Stand concourse to make it more comfortable and welcoming. That's something we have discussed at length and even proposed an 'internal Rovers bar' to make more use of the space available. Unfortunately we couldn't get this passed due to fire/safety certificate issues. The strict criteria for football stadiums does make it almost impossible to change or alter the concourse in even minor ways. For some considerable time I pestered the club to install more shelving so as to allow supporters to be able to put down their cold beers and/or food to make that easier. Despite the fact the club were willing to do this it still took nearly two years to have that approved and even then we were restricted on how much we could add and where it could be added.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #230 on September 10, 2017, 02:36:10 pm by balbyrover »
It's really simple.
There is 8 pages to this thread now and I've not seen one customer with a even "satisfied " opinion on the food that is served.

So why do we keep buying it every week? If everybody just stopped buying it then it would either change or improve. Without a doubt.

If you are going to buy it and plug money towards it yet still moan that its just as shite as last week then its a completely counterproductive argument.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #231 on September 10, 2017, 03:21:12 pm by not on facebook »
It's really simple.
There is 8 pages to this thread now and I've not seen one customer with a even "satisfied " opinion on the food that is served.

So why do we keep buying it every week? If everybody just stopped buying it then it would either change or improve. Without a doubt.

If you are going to buy it and plug money towards it yet still moan that its just as shite as last week then its a completely counterproductive argument.

I beg to differ as I have said that the sausage rolls and bovril are bang on  I had three sausage rolls at the blackpool home game last season.

But I will not try anything else from the menu due to writes ups on here ,as it will be a cold day in hell it i was ever to take a chance to payout for a beer for same reasons in part.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #232 on September 10, 2017, 04:42:20 pm by since-1969 »
At Northampton yesterday, I returned  my burger as it was still pink inside  . I attempted to tell others but we still paid good money for badly cooked burgers £3.50 I think .

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #233 on September 17, 2017, 03:46:31 pm by 5minstogo »
5 minutes before half time and only a choice of Meat and Potato pie or chips in the south stand. Everything else sold out. Pathetic

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #234 on September 17, 2017, 04:10:48 pm by BigKeif »
My personal opinion on this matter is that it is all over priced and crap but all I ever have there is,

Drinks; a hot chocolate which is more sugar than chocolate so tastes horrid or cider but there's not much choice on that,

Food; a pie or hot dog or burger but they're not that good either.

So all I'll do is take my business elsewhere now and go somewhere before a game instead of complaining. To me in my view is if we all take our business elsewhere then they'll generate no money from it and they'll have to consider changing things but just my opinion on the matter not a dig at anyone.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #235 on September 17, 2017, 05:42:18 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Ordered a chicken balti pie and got a steak one instead for some strange reason. That's my only grumble from today.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #236 on September 17, 2017, 06:16:19 pm by turnbull for england »
Sat in family stand,  just into 2nd half bloke went to get a hot drink - all shut up lost sale

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #237 on September 17, 2017, 06:21:05 pm by RedJ »
My personal opinion on this matter is that it is all over priced and crap but all I ever have there is,

Drinks; a hot chocolate which is more sugar than chocolate so tastes horrid or cider but there's not much choice on that,

So all I'll do is take my business elsewhere now and go somewhere before a game instead of complaining. To me in my view is if we all take our business elsewhere then they'll generate no money from it and they'll have to consider changing things but just my opinion on the matter not a dig at anyone.

There's a burger van or two on the factories side of the ground near the XP thing, that's pretty good if you get the time to go before the game.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #238 on September 17, 2017, 06:25:09 pm by since-1969 »
Give it a rest nobody is forced to buy anything , just bring your own and save the rant for things that may just get sorted .

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #239 on September 17, 2017, 06:49:06 pm by BigKeif »

There's a burger van or two on the factories side of the ground near the XP thing, that's pretty good if you get the time to go before the game.

Yeah mate they're not bad, had from both before and can't complain and then there's the woodfield farm pub and obviously lakeside complex. Plenty of places to spend your money for better quality in my opinion.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012