Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:18:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Barnsley FC.  (Read 4712 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Barnsley FC.
« on August 19, 2017, 06:25:42 am by not on facebook »
http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/chinese-takeover.258625/

Read this and make of it what you want ,no smoke without fire as they say .

They play in red so will not have to change colour of kit like that fool at Cardiff did.

I bet my last $$$$$ that untold on here will be as jealous as crossed eyed newts if a China man should pitch up at oakwell,but good luck to the tykes I say.

Love to know or understand the process of a gent in China waking up one morning and then playing with idea of backing a football team in the U.K.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 09:20:26 am by silent majority »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Barnsley fc > a clue sounds like kitchen sinks
« Reply #1 on August 19, 2017, 07:13:23 am by RobTheRover »
These have been after a UK club for some time, having been the major backers at Nice for a couple of years. I know Hull was one of their targets.

Not sure why Barnsley though. Their catchment area is limited (like ours) by how densely crowded the Yorkshire football scene is, they don't own the ground so there are no tangible assets as such, and they have an owner that is local (albeit not too well by all accounts).

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Barnsley fc > a clue sounds like kitchen sinks
« Reply #2 on August 19, 2017, 09:18:24 am by idler »
I'd rather have our owners than an unknown quantity from the other side of the world. What happens if he gets fed up?
Uncle Ken certainly made me very wary of benefactors as he called himself.

ian1980

• Forum Member
Re: Barnsley FC.
« Reply #3 on August 19, 2017, 09:55:48 am by ian1980 »
Me too, our club is currently in great hands.

The current owners are running it well and I for one am confident having them at the helm.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 19, 2017, 10:08:02 am by hoolahoop »
Barnsley risk getting their fingers burnt here. I can see why , hard as it is to accept tghey are a bigger club than us and CAN attract bigger crowds/play in the top flight. Meanwhile our attendances have to compete with a racecourse and 2 relatively successful Rugby teams . We are squeezed for attendances .

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 19, 2017, 11:02:08 am by roversdude »
Look at our former conference rivals Rushden who were a plaything of a lumped up guy

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 19, 2017, 11:33:09 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Interesting. Some are quite rightly cautious and some can't see beyond £££.

If there's no realistic alternative, good luck the Red Dragons!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 19, 2017, 12:22:53 pm by RedJ »
Interesting. Some are quite rightly cautious and some can't see beyond £££.

Sounds familiar...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 19, 2017, 12:28:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Barnsley risk getting their fingers burnt here. I can see why , hard as it is to accept tghey are a bigger club than us and CAN attract bigger crowds/play in the top flight. Meanwhile our attendances have to compete with a racecourse and 2 relatively successful Rugby teams . We are squeezed for attendances .

We have a bigger population. 302K to their 240K.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 19, 2017, 01:18:00 pm by bedale rover »
http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/chinese-takeover.258625/

Read this and make of it what you want ,no smoke without fire as they say .

They play in red so will not have to change colour of kit like that fool at Cardiff did.

I bet my last $$$$$ that untold on here will be as jealous as crossed eyed newts if a China man should pitch up at oakwell,but good luck to the tykes I say.

Love to know or understand the process of a gent in China waking up one morning and then playing with idea of backing a football team in the U.K.

The Cardiff owner was Malaysian

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 19, 2017, 01:42:45 pm by MrFrost »

I don't think Don's are much competition in terms of fighting for supporters

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 19, 2017, 02:09:21 pm by not on facebook »
I don't quite get the point that having two rugby teams from Doncaster pulls fans away from DRFC ,as don't ruddy fans follow rugby because they like and are interested to watch it.

I take onboard that the racecourse could well pull some fans from DRFC into its stands aswell as rugby fans aswell.

Is their not gee gees at Doncaster today?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 19, 2017, 05:56:13 pm by RedJ »
Well the Dons can't be competing for our fans cos they don't play at the same time as us, thought that'd be a bit obvious considering they play in the same ground... and I can't imagine many follow them away that also watch Rovers.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 19, 2017, 06:05:42 pm by Chris Black come back »
Amazes me that folk welcome foreign owners into their clubs. Name me any that have really worked out well? Chelsea have built absolutely nothing sustainable and with all their billions are on a ridiculous short term strategy built on sand. No youth team players ever make it into the first team. Likewise Man Utd seeing millions and millions siphoned off to American owners. Rest of them you can take your pick: that mentalist at Leeds, Kuwait bloke at Forest, Malaysians at Cardiff, fantasy Arabs at Notts County - all of them absolutely deadly for the clubs.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 19, 2017, 06:10:35 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Despite not being youth team players through to the first team they are known for having the best youth team in England.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 19, 2017, 06:25:48 pm by not on facebook »
Also the Russian at Chelsea is known to roll up and watch the youth team games ,how many chairmen or board members mange that either they be British or non British .

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 19, 2017, 06:34:04 pm by MrFrost »
Don't hear many Barnsley supporters moaning about it. I wonder what the reaction would be on here if it was us.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 19, 2017, 06:44:10 pm by not on facebook »
Don't hear many Barnsley supporters moaning about it. I wonder what the reaction would be on here if it was us.

Rearrange these words

Muck happy pigs in as

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 20, 2017, 01:26:06 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I'd rather have the owners we have and have less money. We are ambitious in a smaller way that we can afford.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 20, 2017, 08:25:18 am by balbyrover »

Whilst the thought of having large sums of money to compete sounds exciting I'd still be sceptical.

For every sucess story I.E Man City, there is two go wrong I.E Cardiff,Leeds etc

I don't think it is worth the risk.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 20, 2017, 10:33:08 am by MrFrost »

Whilst the thought of having large sums of money to compete sounds exciting I'd still be sceptical.

For every sucess story I.E Man City, there is two go wrong I.E Cardiff,Leeds etc

I don't think it is worth the risk.

Have Cardiff really gone that wrong? They're still competing well in the Championship.

Fact is that money talks and will continue to talk and filter down the divisions.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 20, 2017, 10:40:57 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Who's had better value for money in recent years Michael, Huddersfield or Cardiff?

Money is not the sole reason clubs are successful. In some cases, money walks....down the drain!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 20, 2017, 06:51:17 pm by ravenrover »
A modest amount will be invested in the team, as per DeeDah

TinyPortal © 2005-2012