Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:05:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Corbyn > Labour > corbyn  (Read 15610 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Corbyn > Labour > corbyn
« on September 12, 2017, 01:52:11 am by not on facebook »
I don't get it corbyn orders his Labour members all to vote one way as in against the Tory party objective on the brexit effort .

But 7 Labour Party members vote in favour of Tory wishes and a majority of 36 helps the Torys no end.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 02:59:06 am by not on facebook »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Corbyn > Labour > corbyn
« Reply #1 on September 12, 2017, 06:51:39 am by Sprotyrover »
 :aok: Maybe playing him at his own game, do as your leader did!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 12, 2017, 09:10:11 am by not on facebook »
I don't have a leader as they are all as bad as each other ,but after saying that that Caroline flint for don valley Labour seems to shoot from the hip and is well worth her salt.

She seems to bring something different to the table with her and don't seem like the rest at the moment.

Take out Abbott and replace that talking car crash with flint and Labour look much much better but far from perfect.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 12, 2017, 09:28:23 am by RedJ »
They'd have had a majority regardless. Frank Field is that far to the right of the party he's a Tory in all but name anyway and Dennis Skinner has always hated the EU from what I can tell.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 12, 2017, 10:12:38 am by not on facebook »
They'd have had a majority regardless. Frank Field is that far to the right of the party he's a Tory in all but name anyway and Dennis Skinner has always hated the EU from what I can tell.

Most people up north voted for brexit in the big vote ,but when the Labour Party members went to vote yesterday the Labour Party order them to vote against what their constinuancys voted for .

7 Labour voted in line with the Tory wish yesterday and I guess within line of the community's they repesent who all voted for brexit .

Mrs Clint abstanined from the vote .

I can't see all 7 Labour mps been far right minded can I ?

It's the fact that corbyn barked down to all Labour mps  to vote a certain way ,when from where Iam looking it goes against what many Labour community's had voted for .

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 12, 2017, 10:16:56 am by Glyn_Wigley »
MPs are voted to represent their constituents according to their own and the party they stand fors viewpoint, not act as their constituents' puppet.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 12, 2017, 10:36:14 am by Bentley Bullet »
If MP's fail to represent their constituents by going against what they want you can bet your starboard knacker they won't be re-elected.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 12, 2017, 11:37:54 am by RedJ »

Most people up north voted for brexit in the big vote ,but when the Labour Party members went to vote yesterday the Labour Party order them to vote against what their constinuancys voted for .

7 Labour voted in line with the Tory wish yesterday and I guess within line of the community's they repesent who all voted for brexit .

It's the fact that corbyn barked down to all Labour mps  to vote a certain way ,when from where Iam looking it goes against what many Labour community's had voted for .

You say "barked down" as if he's the only party leader that's ever imposed a strong whip on a vote...

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 12, 2017, 12:38:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
If MP's fail to represent their constituents by going against what they want you can bet your starboard knacker they won't be re-elected.

Of course the electorate can vote them out if they want, that's how the system works.

However, you cannot transpose the result of a referendum onto individual MPs votes in the Commons. If you did, how would you work out which MPs should vote to represent the 48% of the electorate who voted to remain...or do you think they shouldn't have any representation at all in the Commons?

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 12, 2017, 08:00:29 pm by aidanstu »

With all due respect that's because you don't understand the vote.

Corbyn's opposition was due to the fact that the conservatives want more power, which would allow them to make decisions without consulting parliament. Not because he didn't want Brexit.

The last time a western government had that type of free for all bestowed upon them was literally Germany right before Hitler's kicked off for the second time.

So now because Corbyn has been voted down the tories can remove all your workers rights. Stupid Corbyn hey!!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 06:29:12 am by aidanstu »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 12, 2017, 08:28:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Of course the electorate can vote them out if they want, that's how the system works.

However, you cannot transpose the result of a referendum onto individual MPs votes in the Commons. If you did, how would you work out which MPs should vote to represent the 48% of the electorate who voted to remain...or do you think they shouldn't have any representation at all in the Commons?

MP's can do what they like, but If they fail to represent their constituents by going against what they want you can bet your starboard knacker they won't be re-elected.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 13, 2017, 04:30:01 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I don't get it corbyn orders his Labour members all to vote one way as in against the Tory party objective on the brexit effort .

But 7 Labour Party members vote in favour of Tory wishes and a majority of 36 helps the Torys no end.

Maybe it's because they know Corbyn is a bell end??

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 13, 2017, 04:52:23 pm by not on facebook »

Even thou corbyn is not my cup of tea by some distance ,but not quite a country mile he seems to have some qualitys as he still the Labour leader and did quite well in last general elections.

Not heard owt from his side kick abbot for sometime and the sooner he ditches her the better in my book.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 13, 2017, 05:14:29 pm by aidanstu »

Is that what the daily mail
Told you or have you got your own views as to why you think he might be a bell end. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 13, 2017, 11:08:04 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
Yet again you talk rubbish nof .The cities of LEEDS and YORK and the town of HARROGATE all voted overwhelmingly to remain = that's just in my area.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 13, 2017, 11:22:23 pm by not on facebook »
Yet again you talk rubbish nof .The cities of LEEDS and YORK and the town of HARROGATE all voted overwhelmingly to remain = that's just in my area.

Truck me the odd eyed mad science professor has some bbbbbbbb's in his bonet .

I quote the lead singer of stone roses ' get your bees out ,get your bees out '

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 13, 2017, 11:30:32 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
You got the right number of b's in bonnet. Shame about the n's you imbecile !

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 13, 2017, 11:40:10 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
By the way there are no Stone Roses lyrics  'Get your bees out !

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 14, 2017, 12:06:03 am by not on facebook »
Jeff don't go down this road as there is only one winner on this aspect of Ian brown > stone roses and bees or b's fella.

If you need a pointer think Amsterdam or was it Rotterdam,whichever the bees / b's were comming out.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 17, 2017, 11:07:16 am by hoolahoop »

You've forgotten those little town up Norf called Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, . Then there were Leicester, Brighton, Cardiff, Belfast all the Scottish cities and of course our capital city as well as Gibraltar - all snided with filthy Europeans. Biggest votes against were either areas that had few if any immigrants or seasonal fruit and vegetable pickers " stealing " jobs within a country with the lowest unemployment rate for 50 years . Bizarre isn't it ?

Fact is the places where most of the immigrants have made their home voted to Remain and strangely enough those that had the lion's share of EU Development funds to help them out of the stranglehold that we have all complained about voted fecking Leave.

Estimates are that Doncaster alone received over £ 900 million of EU Development funding . Square that one then because I can't- it wasn't the EU  that took away the mining and steel industries from South Yorkshire was it ? As for Europeans we have ALWAYS  had Polish living in the Don Valley they helped us get back on our feet post WW11 , since they worked the mines, flew the hurricanes and spitfires during the Battle of Britain etc.

If you think for one minute that the North / South divide will worry the people of London and the Home Counties post Brexit .......it won't.  It will be back to business as usual .

However you've got your Parliamentary sovereignty back with cherries on top only now 30-40 Tories will make every decision for you - forget Parliament for it is the " will of the people " to give most if not ALL the power in the land to a few stinking millionaires and STILL some don't realise what is happening !
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 11:38:57 am by hoolahoop »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 17, 2017, 11:26:51 am by Bentley Bullet »
Where was the 900 million quid+ spent in Doncaster?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 17, 2017, 11:44:46 am by hoolahoop »
Where was the 900 million quid+ spent in Doncaster?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/how-1billion-of-eu-money-has-benefited-south-yorkshire-1-7383999&ved=0ahUKEwiu842ahKzWAhXrLsAKHVuiCmkQFghDMAI&usg=AFQjCNHZfoCj9CgK1lyXZYDRP0Lrs5FjaQ

Apologies it was South Yorkshire but has the place improved over the last 40 years - yes in spades but I'm not fighting this all out again it's gone just like the power in my last paragraph. You/ me / we have been taken for suckered and soon the Boundary Commission will take that elusive Labour Electoral win even further away .

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 17, 2017, 11:56:17 am by hoolahoop »
Little one's everywhere too , here recently in Thorne just off the MI8 . There are many more throughout the Borough.

Check this site out too Bentley and note dates :-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/revealed-
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 12:00:36 pm by hoolahoop »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 17, 2017, 12:01:43 pm by hoolahoop »
Sorry blocking me from pasting ....you will be amazed

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 19, 2017, 05:08:32 pm by hoolahoop »
Bentley where are you .........................?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 19, 2017, 07:54:43 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What do you want me to comment on Hoola? You pointed out that you're 'not fighting this all out again', so I respected your decision!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 19, 2017, 10:27:22 pm by Dagenham Rover »

No the whole of the United Kingdom voted by a majority leave! there was not individual votes for different cities or countries within the UK

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 25, 2017, 01:32:39 am by bpoolrover »
Brexit is not all about money while immigration is good in many ways for this country in other ways it's not, many immigrants have no intention of ever intergrating, so many places you go to now in England it's the same streets of immigrants, maybe it's time to stop putting different nationalities in the same street where possible and try a different approach, if different nationalities lived on the same street they might even talk to each other and get on? Or maybe not!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 25, 2017, 09:08:05 am by wing commander »
  What is Labour's policy on Brexit because he cant seem to figure out what it is..One minute its staying in the single market the next it isn't...It seems to depend on which shadow minister is speaking at the time and frankly what day it is...You can argue which area voted what,it's immaterial the fact is collectively we voted out...And I for one am glad Labour are not involved in the negotiations as I suspect are they...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012