Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 11:00:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: That was rubbish  (Read 12651 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: That was rubbish
« Reply #60 on September 17, 2017, 07:40:43 pm by dickos1 »
Means you're very fickle.
It was only 4/5 games ago wasn't it

No way was that side under dickov better than this

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on September 17, 2017, 07:42:03 pm by MrFrost »
Means you're very fickle.
It was only 4/5 games ago wasn't it

No way was that side under dickov better than this

No, it means I congratulated a good performance.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on September 17, 2017, 07:44:13 pm by dickos1 »
And 4 weeks later you're saying the manager needs to go if we lose our next 2 games, that after he's just produced the best 45 mins you've seen in a long time

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on September 17, 2017, 07:45:08 pm by Lesonthewest »
Serious question, does anyone think we are better as a club now than when Dickov left.

As a club? Yes.
On the pitch? No.

Then he should stay for me, we shouldn't have the upheaval of changing manager 8 games in in a higher league when the club as a whole is making progress.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on September 17, 2017, 07:45:34 pm by MrFrost »
And 4 weeks later you're saying the manager needs to go if we lose our next 2 games, that after he's just produced the best 45 mins you've seen in a long time

45 minutes out of what? 900.
The man cannot turn round bad form. It's a fact and he's proven it on several occasions.

Dickos - what would it take for you to sack him?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on September 17, 2017, 07:53:00 pm by dickos1 »
Looking like a relegation battle around Christmas time.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on September 17, 2017, 08:09:02 pm by Bessie Red »

Thats a bit of a weak response Dickos. You cant build a season on one good 45mins & you know it.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on September 17, 2017, 08:10:43 pm by Bessie Red »

Which unfortunately think we will be unless we can get JH, Baudry & McCullough back in the team sooner rather than later.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on September 17, 2017, 08:13:05 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's so easy to be a purveyor of doom isn't it!

There weren't many positives to pick out of that today other than, we stepped it up at the start of the second half and if one of those two great chances goes in, it's a different ball game. What was Williams doing?

Had we have been able to get Houghton on the pitch, he could easily have influenced the game as much as Bishop did for them. Just keeping it simple and doing the right things at key times.

Our own star, Copps, had a few crazy moments today which just increases the anxiety on and off the pitch and invites more mental pressure.

For what it's worth, given how poor it was today, I don't think it'll take much to turn it around. At the moment it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel but we just need a break, a big slice of luck to change the mind set, and away we go!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 08:16:13 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on September 17, 2017, 08:50:24 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Possibly baz but some worrying things today.

Didn't feel we'd get back in it. Substitutions totally stupid.
Midfield shape terrible.
No width.
No leaders.

It wasn't terrible but it was pretty rubbish.  Worrying signs that this run won't be turned around.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on September 17, 2017, 09:06:30 pm by dickos1 »

Thats a bit of a weak response Dickos. You cant build a season on one good 45mins & you know it.

Never said you could, but it's simply not rationale to say one week it was best performance for many years and then 4 weeks later say he needs sacking

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on September 17, 2017, 09:06:58 pm by dickos1 »

Which unfortunately think we will be unless we can get JH, Baudry & McCullough back in the team sooner rather than later.

Maybe so, but let's wait and see

Those players will still be missing under a new manager

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on September 17, 2017, 09:29:40 pm by sheffield exile1 »
We had the ridiculous tail spin 2 years ago....collapsed at Colchester on Good Friday to a team who hadn't won at home since the previous October...we couldn't shake off the losing streak that season and were promptly relegated. I suppose as he only came into the job in October they weren't his players. However it seemed no-one gave a toss once we gained promotion and the pathetic results at Wycombe and a team who were relegated to the conference made promotion so flat. So add this season's form , taking away a performance against a newly relegated team finding its feet in the 3rd tier, one win in 13 is back to the tail spin, but this time early enough to do real damage. All Ferguson has done is take us back to where we started. In real terms he has not achieved anything. I am not sacking happy but I am seriously worried that by the time we take serious decisions we will be in deep trouble. I am very nervous. He doesn't seem to know how to stop a bad run.....   

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on September 17, 2017, 11:49:29 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
I can't wait for Wednesday's game against Arsenal. What if we win, or, say, drawing after 90 minutes? How many of these negative posters will then be calling for Fergie's head?
Crystal Palace, Birmingham City and Chesterfield we are not!

No, we persevere with managers who get us relegated and end up going backwards.

How long did Dickov stay after relegating us from almost guaranteed safety in the Championship?

For crying out loud, how can you use the word "persevere" after only 8 league games? 
 :facepalm:

It isn't eight league games though is it?

His record since becoming manager isn't one which looks anywhere near like what the club is aiming for.

Let me quote you from the "Come on we won" thread after the Blackburn game:

"That was the best 45 mins I've seen from  a Rovers team in years."

'Nuff said.

Which it was. What's your point?

Will you still be calling for Fergie's head if the first half on Wednesday was "the best 45 mins that I've seen from a Rovers' team in years?"

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on September 18, 2017, 05:30:10 am by steve@dcfd »
Possibly baz but some worrying things today.

Didn't feel we'd get back in it. Substitutions totally stupid.
Midfield shape terrible.
No width.
No leaders.

It wasn't terrible but it was pretty rubbish.  Worrying signs that this run won't be turned around.

All the best players we had available were on the pitch to start with apart from Alfie. So if our midfield shape was awful how would you have played those players differently.

For me Whiteman needs to be playing further forward but who have played central midfield. Rowe needs to play behind front two but where do you play Copps. What midfield player do we have to play wide left?
Last year when the midfield was functioning and playing well We had Jordon Houghton as the king pin, we needed to sign better than him we didn't because the constraints of the budget. Let's hope when Jordon is ready and may be McCullough the midfield will function again.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 05:37:27 am by steve@dcfd »

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on September 18, 2017, 08:21:25 am by mrfrostsdad »
I agree
I thought apart from the first 20 mins I we played well, and in the 2nd half we deserved at least a point

You were obviously at a different game to me. First 20 minutes?? The first half was bloody awful. We were better at the start of the second half before drifting out of the game. We got what we deserved. Nothing.

Did you not hear the team being boo'd off at the end of the game, or was that a figment of my imagination?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on September 18, 2017, 02:55:45 pm by dickos1 »
I think I'm at a different game to you every week mate.

I heard them gettin booed, I heard them clapping marquis being taken off I heard them singing marosi's name.

Just made me realise even more, our fans are shit. So them booing doesn't mean much to me

wabtec

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on September 18, 2017, 03:16:07 pm by wabtec »

I heard them gettin booed, I heard them clapping marquis being taken off I heard them singing marosi's name.

Just made me realise even more, our fans are shit. So them booing doesn't mean much to me

Our fans are not shit unlike you,they didn,t clap Marquis off they clapped Mandeville on,why people take you on I dont know because you were they glass half full pillock who was backing and sticking up for Dickov right up to the day he was sacked.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on September 18, 2017, 03:40:17 pm by drfchound »
We're not

The stats suggests we are, Dickov's side had 7pts after 8 games , Fergies  has only 6.
We're not

The stats suggests we are, Dickov's side had 7pts after 8 games , Fergies  has only 6.

Dickov left after 6

Dickov may have left after six games but some people were still saying it was Dickovs team after 46 games, in defence of DF.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on September 18, 2017, 03:44:44 pm by dickos1 »
he was sayin dickov was in charge after 8 I was just saying he wasn't

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on September 18, 2017, 03:44:51 pm by mrfrostsdad »

Dickos, you're completely deluded.
If you think we played well after the first twenty minutes and deserved at least a point then I worry about you. People are entitled to boo after forking out their hard earned cash and driving however far (150 mile round trip for me) to watch inept performances week after week.

ps. You don't write the report for the official website do? He was at a different game to me as well

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on September 18, 2017, 03:48:36 pm by dickos1 »

Our fans are not shit unlike you,they didn,t clap Marquis off they clapped Mandeville on,why people take you on I dont know because you were they glass half full pillock who was backing and sticking up for Dickov right up to the day he was sacked.

Ok mate
They cheered when marquis number came up
They sang marosi's name.

Your the pillock who wants every manager gone cause he thinks the new one will get us into the champions league. Then when you realise he's not you want him out. The process just carries on

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on September 18, 2017, 03:52:35 pm by dickos1 »

If you think we played well after the first twenty minutes and deserved at least a point then I worry about you. People are entitled to boo after forking out their hard earned cash and driving however far (150 mile round trip for me) to watch inept performances week after week.

ps. You don't write the report for the official website do? He was at a different game to me as well

You think you're entitled to boo because you live 75 miles away. Get a grip
I lived in Scarborough for 3 years, where I live now is a 90 mile round trip.
You've also wanted every manger out for the last 10 years, don't you ever think to yourself the next manager might not be a miracle worker
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:35:49 pm by dickos1 »

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on September 18, 2017, 03:57:07 pm by wing commander »
 I have to admit after Listening to DF,after reading Blairs comments and reading the official site report too...I can confirm I wasn't at the same match either....

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on September 18, 2017, 03:59:56 pm by drfchound »

He didn't actually say Dickov was in charge after 8 games.
He said Dickovs team had 6 points from 8 games.
I was pointing out that many fans were still  saying that it was Dickovs team that DF took us down with even though he had control for 35 of the 46 games that season.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on September 18, 2017, 04:01:24 pm by Filo »
I'd like to know what impressive things Fergie saw from the game, it surely was n't anything on the pitch. Maybe it was the appearence of the one call girls

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on September 18, 2017, 04:14:33 pm by eastender »

Ok , a pedantic because it was still all Dickov's  team.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on September 18, 2017, 04:25:22 pm by MrFrost »

You think you're entitled to boo side you love 75 miles away. Get a grip
I lived in Scarborough for 3 years, where I live now is a 90 mile round trip.
You've also wanted every manger out for the last 10 years, don't you ever think to yourself the next manager might not be a miracle worker

He hasn't posted on here for ten years.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on September 18, 2017, 04:37:36 pm by dickos1 »

I was pointing out that many fans were still  saying that it was Dickovs team that DF took us down with even though he had control for 35 of the 46 games that season.

I didn't want dickov sacked at the time but looking back he has to take a portion of the blame for that relegation.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on September 18, 2017, 07:08:29 pm by sheffield exile1 »

I didn't want dickov sacked at the time but looking back he has to take a portion of the blame for that relegation.

I am a little bit more concerned about the current barren run than disecting who had how many games in charge what is now an age ago in football terms. This is now Ferguson's team we need to considerwhat is going wrong now not reliving history. We can go back to Dave Mackay. Wignall etc. if we want to look at managers under achieving but I worry about a real relegation battle in 2017/18....

TinyPortal © 2005-2012