Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 09:02:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pessimists v Optimists  (Read 1683 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Pessimists v Optimists
« on September 17, 2017, 07:35:22 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Are we 6th from the bottom, or 19th from the top?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
Re: Pessimists v Optimists
« Reply #1 on September 17, 2017, 07:39:47 pm by esdailles left foot »
We are bloody awful over 90 minutes

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 17, 2017, 07:41:43 pm by since-1969 »
1 win in 13 how about that !!

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 17, 2017, 08:24:01 pm by Lesonthewest »
Good performance at the Emirates, sneak a win at Plymouth & the Shrewsbury game might be good for us under the lights at the Keepmoat, & bingo it's all rosy again.  :thumbsup:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 17, 2017, 08:26:47 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Good performance at the Emirates, sneak a win at Plymouth & the Shrewsbury game might be good for us under the lights at the Keepmoat, & bingo it's all rosy again.  :thumbsup:

I'm sure every Rovers fan would love that to happen. We could then all say we're a good side again. However, at present we're shite.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 17, 2017, 08:48:43 pm by RedJ »
More chance of me waking up next to Bentley Bullet, him with a sore arse than that happening, mind.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 18, 2017, 04:26:42 pm by Lesonthewest »
Optomism fellas, optimism.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 18, 2017, 04:38:00 pm by steve@dcfd »
Things will start to change could take into October I'm optimistic.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 18, 2017, 05:31:39 pm by not on facebook »
One thing that has stuck in back of my mind was after the 1-3 win at Blackburn rovers.

A few close friends of mine who are Blackburn fans all went to the game ,and said that Blackburn played shite and that donny were just as bad .

I then had a gander at the BRFC fans forum and many on there were saying exactly the same as my muckers,whilst on here the fan reaction was basically that the BRFC fans were not gracious in defeat to likes of DRFC.

Some weeks down the line what most Blackburn rovers fans were saying about DRFC that day seems to be correct.

Defeats at afc Wimbledon ,Northampton and rochdale when these teams were below and all in bottom three when rovers played only adds substance to what the Blackburn lot was saying.

It don't look good at the moment and the sooner this arsenal game is out of the way the better all round I like to think.

Iam still confident of a close to play off spot or play off spot finish ,but rovers need to pull their socks up asap.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 18, 2017, 05:49:36 pm by drfchound »
What if we somehow beat Arsenal?
Will our league form continue as it is now.
Good grief?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 18, 2017, 05:56:41 pm by since-1969 »
Sod the League , if win the cup were in Europe !!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 18, 2017, 05:57:27 pm by drfchound »
Would we be the first L2 team to be in that competition.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 18, 2017, 05:59:26 pm by Jonathan »
I'm optimistic that we'll get it right. But I'm thoroughly pissed off at yesterday's abject display in what was a big game for us.

Sometimes in this online bubble it's hard to get a rational balance across. You're either labelled as an incessant moaner or a delusional happy clapper. I don't want rash decisions or radical changes. Nobody needs to be sacked. But some of the recent results and performances have really not been good enough and nobody in the right mind can be happy with that.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 06:16:02 pm by Jonathan »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 18, 2017, 06:27:34 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I'm optimistic that we'll get it right. But I'm thoroughly pissed off at yesterday's abject display in what was a big game for us.

Sometimes in this online bubble it's hard to get a rational balance across. You're either labelled as an incessant moaner or a delusional happy clapper. I don't want rash decisions or radical changes. Nobody needs to be sacked. But some of the recent results and performances have really not been good enough and nobody in the right mind can be happy with that.

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 18, 2017, 07:34:51 pm by BigKeif »
I'll go with that I'm an optimist and I don't want to see Fergie sacked, whilst I think the results will improve.

I know it's hard at the minute, especially after yesterday's result and poor performance but I just think that he will get it right and start to see the 5 year plan through.

For me it's about building on last season and staying up and then hopefully get the youth coming through good and becoming a stronger side ready for the championship.

Just my opinion btw.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 18, 2017, 07:58:58 pm by RedJ »
I don't WANT to see him sacked but judging on how he's performed in the past when we've struggled I'm not exactly confident.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 18, 2017, 08:46:29 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I prefer the alternate terminology that someone suggested - Pillocks v Ostriches  :thumbsup:

Edit: It was Knockers who suggested it - well done mate  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:43:28 pm by Dutch Uncle »

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 19, 2017, 12:30:14 am by Paul Simpson »
Keep the faith with fergie! He's been very unlucky with Andrew and kiwomya getting injured!! 2 class players that change the team. Just need some luck to get through the season. Stay up this season and re group imo. It takes time to build a championship team but the foundations are there!! Just trying to keep positive nowt else!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012