Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:34:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Should Ferguson stay or go?

Stay
134 (70.9%)
Go
55 (29.1%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Author Topic: Stay or Go  (Read 18277 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Stay or Go
« Reply #180 on October 05, 2017, 07:40:23 am by Chris Black come back »
His record over the last three seasons covering around 70 odd games during which he has been managing in League One with two decent sized, financially stable clubs is exactly one point per game. Recent history shows that he is a man for relegation rather than promotion, or indeed mid-table safety.

This could all change and this recent record could be thrown into the bin, but the evidence this season has not been positive.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on October 05, 2017, 05:17:41 pm by RedJ »
Aye but dickos doesn't like evidence.

Not sure how averaging around a point per game (or worse) in his last few seasons at this level is anything different to bang average.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on October 05, 2017, 05:20:00 pm by dickos1 »
Because all you're doing is looking at his bad results and blatantly ignoring his promotions and his record at Peterborough
And if these promotions had been relegations then you would be including those seasons

Funny that

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #183 on October 05, 2017, 05:32:07 pm by RedJ »
I suppose Roy Hodgson is a brilliant manager because of his achievements around Europe years ago then by that logic.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on October 05, 2017, 05:45:09 pm by dickos1 »
What?

We're talking about the same country and the same league!

And talking about only a year or two longer than the stats you're using.

You're trying to compare with a manager decades ago in other countries
😂

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on October 05, 2017, 06:00:24 pm by RedJ »
Equally as pointless as saying Ferguson is supposedly a great manager because he got promoted a couple of times with Peterborough a few years ago. He was bang average in his last season there after being relegated, got the sack, did about the same in terms of points average here, got us relegated and threw away the title in the division below.

But you're keen to ignore the negatives about his past because he did the business at another club a few years ago.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on October 05, 2017, 06:47:14 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
....But you're keen to ignore the negatives about his past because he did the business at another club a few years ago.

Swings and roundabouts innit. And that was in another park.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on October 05, 2017, 06:54:59 pm by RedJ »
So how high you can swing on these other swings is completely irrelevant to what you can do on the swings you're at now.

;)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on October 05, 2017, 06:58:59 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
But then there's them roundabouts. A spin in the hand is worth a swing in the bush? I'm not sure it's easy to measure :s

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on October 05, 2017, 07:32:48 pm by dickos1 »
Equally as pointless as saying Ferguson is supposedly a great manager because he got promoted a couple of times with Peterborough a few years ago. He was bang average in his last season there after being relegated, got the sack, did about the same in terms of points average here, got us relegated and threw away the title in the division below.

But you're keen to ignore the negatives about his past because he did the business at another club a few years ago.

Where on earth have I said he's a great manager, 😂.

My only point was stats are being used just far enough back so they don't include when he was very successful.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on October 05, 2017, 07:48:48 pm by idler »
Like all debates some opinions are polarised with the majority between the extreme views.
All of those voting go have almost or are already in a position of no faith in the manager.
I would imagine that all but the most ardent DF fans although voting stay are worried or apprehensive at the moment about our form.
Irrespective of displays the longer the winning run goes on the pressure builds.
We weren't playing badly when SOD got the chop but we weren't collecting many points. I remember Forest beating us 1-0 with a Chris Gunter goal and thinking that despite the cost of assembling the different squads we were better on the night.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #191 on October 05, 2017, 09:58:08 pm by Chris Black come back »

My only point was stats are being used just far enough back so they don't include when he was very successful.

Fair point - you have not said he is a great manager.

Indeed towards end of his first season you said Ferguson should be sacked.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #192 on October 05, 2017, 10:49:22 pm by RedJ »

Didn't say you personally said he was a great manager, did I?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on October 06, 2017, 08:10:54 am by drfchound »

Fair point - you have not said he is a great manager.

Indeed towards end of his first season you said Ferguson should be sacked.

Did dickos really say that?
Crikey, imagine saying a manager should be sacked before he had even taken us down?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012