Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:36:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dress down Friday.........  (Read 2046 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Dress down Friday.........
« on September 29, 2017, 12:54:22 pm by Draytonian III »
........ does anyone else have this at work ? There's blokes in our office 35 years + wearing skinny jeans and Billy Casper cast off plimsoles and fat birds wearing leggings showing their camel toes off.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Dress down Friday.........
« Reply #1 on September 29, 2017, 01:37:53 pm by RedJ »
We do. My old boss used to wear cargo shorts and god-awful tops. Used to have a bloke similar to him at my place as well, 40 thinking he was about 19.

I just stick to my company top and black trousers, saves effort.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 29, 2017, 03:36:07 pm by roversontheup »
We used to have it where I worked before I retired. Despite it being dress down there were still some restrictions on what you should and shouldn't wear. It also didn't apply if we had meetings with people in departments or organisations who didn't have dress down Fridays.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 29, 2017, 04:03:03 pm by not on facebook »
Would love to land in a pub full of them about 15 to 2 20 handed and put the fear of god into them all.

Come in peace leave them  all in pieces .

Dress down Friday ffs > where on earth did that concept come from.
What on earth happened to going to work on a Friday ,busting your nuts to finish early and then going straight to the ale house untill chucking out time.

Why do we need some Pratt to email the workforce to have a dress down Friday in a sense of achievement if pulled off.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 29, 2017, 05:49:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »
.....Meanwhile, you get reported for removing an earplug to scratch your lughole in the real world of shop floor workers. No Friday relaxation of rules for them!

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 29, 2017, 06:30:17 pm by knockers »
Bugger off! You lot were in uproar when they said you couldn't take your newspaper to your machine😁

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 29, 2017, 07:04:30 pm by Muttley »
Used to have it where I used to work - half the blokes in the office seemed to interpret it as "come to work in what you'd wear to mow the lawn" and half in tight jeans, slip-on pumps and ripped t-shirts 3 sizes too small.

I just adopted a policy of "come to work every day wearing something appropriate to my job/position"

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 29, 2017, 07:06:01 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Bugger off! You lot were in uproar when they said you couldn't take your newspaper to your machine😁
Aye, and that was only brought in because some office worker went on the sick for 6 months with a paper cut.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 29, 2017, 08:00:32 pm by not on facebook »
Is this just a case of turning up at work in your non normall day to day work clothes ?

Is there not a session on the lash  at a local pub not involved ?

If no pub involved ,whats the whole point of the excersise ?

Is this something that started in Uncle Sam?

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 29, 2017, 08:18:16 pm by Jenny »
We have it, all the changes for me is that I wear blue jeans instead of black!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 29, 2017, 08:59:58 pm by roversdude »
Had it where I worked before with a caveat that if you had a business meeting you still needed business suit
For this privilege you were expected to pay a full English pound that then went to charity as a donation from the company

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 29, 2017, 09:19:45 pm by turnbull for england »
Thats it. You spend a quid to wear clothes at work you havent bought purposefully to wear to work, while being convinced its a good idea to see your boss in shitstoppers and slip ons

darren61

« Reply #12 on September 29, 2017, 09:33:47 pm by darren61 »
I wonder what the chaps taking the piss out of their their older workmates will be wearing when they get to 40 plus? Will you burn your trendy clobber and don the cardigan and sandals? i dont think so, do you?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 29, 2017, 10:31:38 pm by Draytonian III »
I wonder what the chaps taking the piss out of their their older workmates will be wearing when they get to 40 plus? Will you burn your trendy clobber and don the cardigan and sandals? i dont think so, do you?

If that last post was aimed at me, it's a bit wide of the mark as this is 42nd season I've been following our team

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 29, 2017, 10:48:41 pm by not on facebook »
I still can't get my head round this as it sounds like the most lightweight,plastic, self back slapping, jellyfish, spineless , middle of the road , spazzer ,glow worm attempt to try to achieve the total sum of fcuk all.

I really need help here please as i just don't get it at all.

Is it to try and get freaks like me to bond with wind sail type persons

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 30, 2017, 12:01:29 am by RedJ »
I can't work out why it seems to be troubling you so much that people might want to wear a slightly more relaxed dress on the last working day of the week...

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 30, 2017, 12:36:39 am by not on facebook »
I can't work out why it seems to be troubling you so much that people might want to wear a slightly more relaxed dress on the last working day of the week...

It reminds me of when it was your last day at school in primary school days when you could bring a toy.

Not that I have owt against taking toys to your last day at primary school .

> dress down Friday > ffs give me strength please .

I recall when every Friday was fish and chip day when I was a draughtsmen about 30 years ago at a small engineering firm in harworth plumtree farm industrial estate.

Some YTS kid would go onto shop floor ,drawing office and engineers office and every one place an order for whatever they wanted from fish and chip shop next to crown hotel in bawtry.

Order would be phoned in and ready to pick up at 12:15 and brought back to the work unit.

For 30 mins everyone from shop floor drawing office would land in engineers officers for their fish and chip nose bags.

No dressing down or dressing up you just turned up as YOU  nobody else or nobody less and a great time was had by all.

That fish and chip shop in bawtry was great by the way.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 30, 2017, 09:24:00 am by drfchound »
Aye, and that was only brought in because some office worker went on the sick for 6 months with a paper cut.

What, not another lilly livered jessie of a.......................

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 30, 2017, 09:59:57 am by auckleyflyer »
NOF, that leads us nicely on to fish n chip fridays! Think that's taken over from the now unacceptable lets get four pints down our necks pub lunch fridays!
Mind down here we have pasty Thursday, saffron cake mondays!!

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 30, 2017, 12:24:17 pm by Iberian Red »

I just adopted a policy of "come to work every day wearing something appropriate to my job/position"

That goes some way towards explaining the gimp outfit!

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 02, 2017, 03:49:12 pm by Mike_F »
We have dress down Fridays in my office. I'm clearly in a minority on this forum but I quite like them. Get up and pull on jeans and a polo shirt/tee shirt and comfy trainers instead of the daily smart trousers, shirt, cufflinks and smart shoes. More comfortable to wear and saves getting changed when I get home. Also feel less conspicuous if (as happened last week) I want to nip into the Hollybush for a jar as soon as I'm back from work.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012