Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:01:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Negotiations  (Read 311431 times)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit Negotiations
« Reply #2580 on September 24, 2018, 05:41:35 pm by bpoolrover »
That'a not what you asked me thou bst you asked me what I have got out of brexit! I said nothing as we have not left

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2581 on September 24, 2018, 05:44:51 pm by bpoolrover »
And I'm quite happy to wait before get to wound up over what deal there may or may not be as everything else is just guess work

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2582 on September 24, 2018, 06:01:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bpool

But this is the thing. There is NO ONE saying we can get ANY deal that would t make us a lot poorer.

No one.

Even the Brexit supporting MPs are saying it will be years before we make up the amount we'll lose. And they don't EVER say HOW we will make up the difference.

The only economist who says that we can come out net positive, eventually, freely admits that his approach would mean the end of manufacturing in the UK and what he calls the "managed decline" of the great Northern cities.

So I'll ask a straightforward question. What benefit do YOU think we're going to get?

If you say "wait and see" you're not really fit to be involved in the decision. The information is there for YOU to make a grown up decision. It's not acceptable to close your eyes and ignore it. Because what we decide now will affect tge lives of all of our kids and grandkids. So you have a moral responsibility to address this like a grown up.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2583 on September 24, 2018, 06:03:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
By the way. Why wait until you see what deal is cut? EVERY SINGLE deal will leave us poorer for years. And there will be no reduction in immigration.

So what information are you waiting for?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2584 on September 24, 2018, 07:07:29 pm by RedJ »
My god you don't half talk shite. And when you realise you haven't got a Scooby Doo you backtrack and change the subject.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2585 on September 24, 2018, 07:31:02 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
In the same way bst in labour you have a guy that thinks certain ira bombers to be knighted they could well be bombers that have killed peoples mums dads kids grandkids you have a moral duty to address that surley? But will you?

When did anyone say that? I've never heard of it.

PS What's your moral duty made you do about it?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2586 on September 24, 2018, 07:32:05 pm by RedJ »
My god your a knob but that’s life

I'm a knob am I? okay, but you're only saying that cos what I've said is true... :laugh:

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2587 on September 24, 2018, 07:50:37 pm by wilts rover »
In the same way bst in labour you have a guy that thinks certain ira bombers to be knighted they could well be bombers that have killed peoples mums dads kids grandkids you have a moral duty to address that surley? But will you?

I bet you were gutted when they signed the Good Friday Agreement. All those IRA murderers being let off. If only we had kept fighting and kept the population of Northern Ireland in fear of their lives and brought death and misery to dozens more innocent families including those of British soldiers. And dont you come at me with you don't know what you are talking about either - I have been 3 minutes away from a bomb going off.

If members of the royal family can shake hands with prominent former IRA leaders - who are you to tell anyone what is and isn't moral?

Still someone got shot by paramiliteries over the weekend so if your Brexit does go properly wrong you might get your way of bringing real chaos back to the country.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2588 on September 24, 2018, 07:53:55 pm by bpoolrover »
Wilts that's fine but in the last few years McDonnell said certain ones should be knighted that is morally wrong

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2589 on September 24, 2018, 07:57:29 pm by bpoolrover »
And in the same way wilts who is bst to say I should morally change my vote?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2590 on September 24, 2018, 08:25:26 pm by Donnywolf »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2591 on September 24, 2018, 09:54:16 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Wilts that's fine but in the last few years McDonnell said certain ones should be knighted that is morally wrong

I can't find any reference to that anywhere and would like to see it for myself.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2592 on September 24, 2018, 09:58:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
1) I didn't say you should morally change your vote. I said you had a moral responsibility to engage with facts on an issue as important as this, not ignore them because they don't agree with what you want to be true.

2) McDonnell has never said IRA mbers should be knighted.

3) I've strongly criticised on here several things that Corbyn and McDonnell have said about the IRA. And I've also said that my expectation is that Corbyn will not become PM precisely because of his issues on foreign policy and his history regarding Ireland. 

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2593 on September 24, 2018, 10:39:36 pm by bpoolrover »

I can't find any reference to that anywhere and would like to see it for myself.
https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2015/09/what-did-jeremy-corbyn-s-new-shadow-chancellor-really-say-about-ira?amp.   Honoured not knighted but not much difference

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2594 on September 24, 2018, 10:41:51 pm by RedJ »

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2015/09/what-did-jeremy-corbyn-s-new-shadow-chancellor-really-say-about-ira?amp.   Honoured not knighted but not much difference

Have you even read that link? show me where it says they should be knighted. Jesus wept, this is lazy at best.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2595 on September 24, 2018, 10:57:11 pm by bpoolrover »
It's says honoured not knighted as I posted above dik head

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2596 on September 24, 2018, 11:17:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It's a totally different meaning Bpool.

It was a stupid thing to say. But McDonnell has publicly apologised for it on TV. And times move on. Ian Paisley ended up working with Martin McGuinness.

Meanwhile, how many Tories who said Nelson Mandela was a terrorist who should be shot, or who wore "Hang Nelson Mandela" T shirts have ever apologised.

There's a minister in position today who I personally saw calling Mandela a terrorist at a meeting 30 years ago. I've never heard him apologise for that.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2597 on September 24, 2018, 11:18:54 pm by RedJ »

What the f**k are you on about? you're the one who said he said they should be knighted, "dik head". Jesus wept.

There you go.

You do realise honouring someone isn't the same thing as giving them a knighthood? I don't agree with what he said on any level but he's not exactly saying "let's have Sir Gerry Adams" is he? If you're gonna make a point, find some proper evidence.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2598 on September 24, 2018, 11:25:49 pm by bpoolrover »
Ok spadge

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2599 on September 24, 2018, 11:37:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
On a related topic, McDonnell's plan unveiled today, to spread company shares into funds for workers is a fantastic idea.

The usual suspects will paint it as a Communist plot. What it actually is, is less radical than the situation they have in Germany, which has been ruled by right wing parties for most of the last generation. 

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #2600 on September 25, 2018, 12:22:25 am by colincramb »
And the above passage of conversation highlights precisely why a decision of this magnitude should never have been given to the dumb wits in this country.

I still hear people saying they are pleased we are leaving - even after the realisation must be setting in. Not to worry though, as bpoolrover says “wait and see”. Great philosophy that

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2601 on September 25, 2018, 12:52:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »

I bet you were gutted when they signed the Good Friday Agreement. All those IRA murderers being let off. If only we had kept fighting and kept the population of Northern Ireland in fear of their lives and brought death and misery to dozens more innocent families including those of British soldiers. And dont you come at me with you don't know what you are talking about either - I have been 3 minutes away from a bomb going off.

If members of the royal family can shake hands with prominent former IRA leaders - who are you to tell anyone what is and isn't moral?

Still someone got shot by paramiliteries over the weekend so if your Brexit does go properly wrong you might get your way of bringing real chaos back to the country.

Wilts.

I agree with everything you say there.

But if we're talking about people not wanting the GFA to be signed, there was, as you well know, a person who is now very prominent in national politics who said at the time that an Assembly was not what people had laid down their lives for, and that anything less than a United Ireland was unacceptable.

I assume you agree with me that he was wrong. Because he was clearly advocating that the armed struggle should go on. And you're saying that it was right that the armed struggle ended then.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2602 on September 25, 2018, 07:00:23 am by Glyn_Wigley »

You're the d**khead who kept saying knighted.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2603 on September 25, 2018, 11:30:50 am by Glyn_Wigley »

You're the d**khead who kept saying knighted.
lol rent boy

Watch out Oscar Wilde, bpoolrover's here to claim your title!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2604 on September 25, 2018, 04:16:36 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I've seen people elsewhere say that the people's vote would be ignoring the will of the people? How? It'll be what people are wanting. It's been a couple of years and we've learnt loads about effects it'll have since, it'll be daft not to vote on something now we have more knowledge on the subject.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2605 on September 25, 2018, 05:11:57 pm by Sprotyrover »
So if we have another vote and it's 49% for out and 51% for stay, how is that fair?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2606 on September 25, 2018, 05:14:29 pm by wilts rover »

Wilts.

I agree with everything you say there.

But if we're talking about people not wanting the GFA to be signed, there was, as you well know, a person who is now very prominent in national politics who said at the time that an Assembly was not what people had laid down their lives for, and that anything less than a United Ireland was unacceptable.

I assume you agree with me that he was wrong. Because he was clearly advocating that the armed struggle should go on. And you're saying that it was right that the armed struggle ended then.

Sorry Billy I am afraid I dont know who you are referring to? As it must be someone who has the same views as blackpool is it someone in the DUP?

It is clearly not either Corbyn or McDonnell as they both spoke and campaigned for the GFA. McDonnell's speech to a republican meeting where he made the comments blackpool misquoted above were to persuade them to fully implement the GFA (so he said) and Corbyn said he hoped it would bring 'peace, hope and reconciliation in Ireland' when spoke for it in Parliament?

I think you are getting mixed up with with the Thatcher's Anglo-Irish Agreement in 1985 which Corbyn (and others) did oppose. In which case you are Jacob Rees Mogg and I claim my top hat back!

Agreed on everything else you said tho.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/sep/18/john-mcdonnell-apologises-for-ira-comment-labour
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-corbyn-on-northern-ireland

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2607 on September 25, 2018, 05:14:58 pm by wilts rover »
So if we have another vote and it's 49% for out and 51% for stay, how is that fair?

Best of three?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2608 on September 25, 2018, 05:26:54 pm by DonnyOsmond »

It'd be the will of the people. ;)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2609 on September 25, 2018, 06:37:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

It'll be fairer because this time the Brexiters won't be able to get away with all the same billshut and lies a second time, and people will be more wary of anything new they try to get away with.

And whatever the result is, I assume the Brexiters will again be telling everybody else to 'suck it up'.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012