Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:55:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 4 goals and a hat trick in 11 minutes of football, can't lose from here! go DR  (Read 2881 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Ben Whiteman loanee from Sheff Utd (think) is taking the game by the scruff with the equaliser from Marquis

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Don't quite know much about mr.whiteman only that he is from sheff utd and that said player has been getting a bit of Jip on here due to his recent performances .

Let's hope his form  today carrys into the next few games comming up,along with rest of the team.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Delighted for Whiteman. I’ve been critical as he seemed to me to be lost in recent games. Was very good today. Kick on son.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Was he very good or did he just score three goals? I’m abroad so not been. Just because you score a hatty doesn’t mean you play well.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Was he very good or did he just score three goals? I’m abroad so not been. Just because you score a hatty doesn’t mean you play well.

Ignoring his goals, I thought he was anonymous first half then excellent second.

bedale rover

• VSC Member

Ignoring his goals, I thought he was anonymous first half then excellent second.

You can that about lots of the players
Copps excepted

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
Did anyone have a bad game ? A few misplaced passes first half nothing much stood out as bad
2 composed finishes and a screamer

graingrover

• VSC Member
The second half was a transformation after one of the worst in the first with Toppollo  in particular constantly misdirecting passes and putting us on the backfoot .
 Alfie Maye stood out as the all action man with never say die attitude throughout . Houghton added class with a few defense splitting passes and Joe Wright was again a rock !

Filo

• VSC Member
Their goal was another dropped bollock, if the keeper is going to come for it like he did, he needs to make it his, not let the defender head it and leave him in no mans land

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member

The guy is learning his roles today he started left of a central two. He then went to right of a diamond to end the half. He started there second half scored his goals then went back to left of a central two and finished right of two when Houghton went off.

But others changed their roles in the game as well Copps, Rowe and Houghton. The midfield have to be versatile which is ok when winning.

mushRTID

• Forum Member

The guy is learning his roles today he started left of a central two. He then went to right of a diamond to end the half. He started there second half scored his goals then went back to left of a central two and finished right of two when Houghton went off.

But others changed their roles in the game as well Copps, Rowe and Houghton. The midfield have to be versatile which is ok when winning.

I'm the first to admit I don't really watch/see things like that. But I wish we'd stop pissing around with his role/position. He is our most clinical midfielder from what I have seen. I wish we'd just play him advanced and leave him there.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Their goal was another dropped bollock, if the keeper is going to come for it like he did, he needs to make it his, not let the defender head it and leave him in no mans land

Think that's a bit harsh, yes he came for it but Wright (I think) did what a good defender should do and took charge of it himself. We were unlucky thereafter as Mason got in spot to clear off the line but headed it straight at Wordsworth. I felt we were unlucky with that goal and overall everyone played very well today.

roversdude

• VSC Member
Did anyone have a bad game ? A few misplaced passes first half nothing much stood out as bad

Harry Toffolo was our worst player

RoversAlias

• Forum Member

Thought he had a good game myself, evidently got some nous going forward.

POD

• Forum Member

Hard to criticise anyone after a 4-1 win, but first half Toffolo constantly gave the ball away or wasn't quick thinking enough to place a pass so played the ball aimlessly up the line.   Like many left footed players, he refuses to use his right foot under any circumstances and unless you are Messi or Bale, you really limit your options. 
I didn't see much of him in the second half as he was on the east stand side, but his first half performance was disappointingly poor.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
I honestly think that is harsh. He got the ball away up the line a good amount which is the right thing to do when facing pressure. He played some good short balls and also got the ball into good attacking positions on at least three occasions in the first half. He was far better than any other game I've seen him in so far and played his part in a solid back 4 display through the second half.

roversdude

• VSC Member
Toffolo played better than normal but is so one footed and gave the ball away far too easily

anne honemous

• Forum Member
I agree that Whiteman was better when he moved position but I still thought he did okay in the first half.

Beerseller

• Forum Member

Think that's a bit harsh, yes he came for it but Wright (I think) did what a good defender should do and took charge of it himself. We were unlucky thereafter as Mason got in spot to clear off the line but headed it straight at Wordsworth. I felt we were unlucky with that goal and overall everyone played very well today.

As it was happening I thought keeper error.   There was a wall of players in front of Lawlor and he doesn't really have the physique to go through so many players to get the ball.  A keeper like Sulli would probably have got away with it.  Schoolboy stuff in my opinion.  That said, there weren't any other obvious errors from Lawlor or the defence and, in the second half once we went 4-1 up, I would say Southend had the better of the game and we defended very well. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012