Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:02:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: SENDING OFF  (Read 5304 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: SENDING OFF
« Reply #30 on October 20, 2017, 08:01:22 am by drfchound »
It is bizarre.

A bloke kicks out intending to kick an opponent and is rightly sent off under "the Rules". Then there is an appeal which cancels the Red Card

In our previous home game a Player DID make full contact kick or two on an opponent in full view of The "Ref" who immediately blew for "an offence". He then spent an eternity debating the offence with lots of people before finally handing a Yellow Card.

It was and still is one of the clearest Red Cards anyone could see - yet that Player does not seem to have had any justifiable sanction(s) either at the time nor since

It is bizarre

Wolfie, as redw(h)ine posted yesterday, maybe we should appeal against the red card that the Southend player didn't get.
Some people on committees really are a joke.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 20, 2017, 08:06:42 am by idler »
If the ref gives a yellow card he is deemed to have seen the incident so no further action can be taken. That is as I remember it.
I'm sure that this arguement has come up before on numerous occasions.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 20, 2017, 08:10:01 am by Donnywolf »
Agree but there seems to have been a Panel that have looked at issues again in retrospect and acted. Would be nice if they had with this case

Also hope the Refs Assessor took appropriate action given what he "saw" of the incident and the Refs "action(s)" immediately after the kick(s)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 20, 2017, 08:14:34 am by drfchound »
If the ref gives a yellow card he is deemed to have seen the incident so no further action can be taken. That is as I remember it.
I'm sure that this arguement has come up before on numerous occasions.

I don't disagree with that idler.
I am sure that you understand that what redw(h)ine (and i) wrote was a joke.
I want to emphasise that in case anyone gets the wrong end of the stick.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 20, 2017, 07:34:23 pm by idler »
Yes I agree hound in my eyes a ref giving a yellow for an offence that ought to have been a red should be accountable. To say that he saw it so it was right is unacceptable.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 20, 2017, 08:10:47 pm by Donnywolf »
Totally agree

The Refs get away with murder and just because the Ref in the Southend game dished a Yellow Card to the "Jordan Houghton" clogger imo means he got it wrong.

It should have been a RED all day long and the Number 4 AND the Ref were culpable and should both should be punished retrospectively  ! In the Refs case he should be stood down until he is 75 - not that I bear a grudge you understand !

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 20, 2017, 08:42:42 pm by roversdude »
The precedent set here is you're allowed to swing for someone as long as you're crap at it and miss.

Hopefully the committee members responsible got a stern telling off behind closed doors and this doesn't start to spread.

Wish they had that thought process when Billy Whitehurst was playing away at Hartlepool

TinyPortal © 2005-2012