Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:12:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The GOAL today  (Read 2935 times)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
Re: The GOAL today
« Reply #1 on October 28, 2017, 08:45:40 pm by LincsRover »
Cracking finish - calm and composed - which is more than you can say about our strikers! Good goal!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 28, 2017, 09:40:25 pm by graingrover »
Yes indeed he did compose himself before striking it . If only Williams would take that extra second to to so too he would connect correctly too . As for Marquis ,he was set for a goal when the defender sat on him to get the red card .

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 29, 2017, 07:06:41 am by Donnywolf »
Cracking finish - calm and composed - Good goal!

Just watched the goal and ... well .... I thought almost word for word what you had already posted !

Great to see him taking time to "think" about what he needed to do to score AND then have the skill to do it !

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 30, 2017, 07:14:41 pm by Branton Rover »
Think Mr Whiteman should be employed at the tip of the diamond with Copps & Rowey either side

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 30, 2017, 08:44:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He has potential to be a Dave Syers type midfielder who pops up with goals, although we've not seen much of his abilities in the air. If he could be a player that gets in the end of things then he'll carve out a good career.

As with Syers, his contribution to build up play is questionable. He's more of a straight line player rather than a jinker.

Problem is, for a team who has forward thinking midfielders with Copps, Rowe, Whiteman, Kongolo, we're left with an imbalance when retreating.

Quite often, particularly in the Walsall match, when we lose possession, teams go through us like a knife through butter with Houghton overrun. It's a weakness of the diamond formation.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 30, 2017, 10:40:55 pm by Draytonian III »
If the tv / you tube footage rolls on another couple of seconds you would see John Marquis had "borrowed " someone's bottle of Coke and took a drink out of it, I saw him do it from where I stood,in fact I'm 99% certain it was from someone most people know MB, he posts on here

TinyPortal © 2005-2012