Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 08:56:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets talk about the Ebbsfleet F.A.cup game  (Read 13772 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Lets talk about the Ebbsfleet F.A.cup game
« Reply #60 on November 02, 2017, 11:25:09 am by GazLaz »
This has all the makings of an upset. Ebbsfleet are only three points off the play-offs, and are above "the likes of" Tranmere and Orient and only two points off Hartlepool.

Make no bones about it though, even if they are only 'mid-table' this will be their standout fixture and a chance to put some real shine on their season. You'd, naturally, expect them to raise their game 10 / 20% and try to make a name for themselves by knocking a league club off their perch. On a rainy November afternoon south of the Thames, it could be a case of who has the most battlers.

No doubt they'll have done their homework and seen Rovers are susceptible at set pieces. Just got to be patient and hope that class and fitness show through in the end.

It won't be easy!

We’ve got about a 55% chance of winning.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on November 02, 2017, 11:35:17 am by Bezza »
there are always shocks in the FA Cup, we won`t under estimate Ebbsfleet, Fergie won`t start with the youngsters,there is to much at stake a good cup run would make money and stir interest.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on November 02, 2017, 03:42:42 pm by DMnumber4 »
This has all the makings of an upset. Ebbsfleet are only three points off the play-offs, and are above "the likes of" Tranmere and Orient and only two points off Hartlepool.

Make no bones about it though, even if they are only 'mid-table' this will be their standout fixture and a chance to put some real shine on their season. You'd, naturally, expect them to raise their game 10 / 20% and try to make a name for themselves by knocking a league club off their perch. On a rainy November afternoon south of the Thames, it could be a case of who has the most battlers.

No doubt they'll have done their homework and seen Rovers are susceptible at set pieces. Just got to be patient and hope that class and fitness show through in the end.

It won't be easy!

We’ve got about a 55% chance of winning.

Done your research with the bookies I see!

Interestingly, picked up on this:
Ebbsfleet United - Ed Miller has been the club’s website editor since 2007
“For fans of non-league clubs the first round is really special. Even more so for those clubs that have battled through three or four qualifying rounds to get here. I’m quietly confident that if we play to our potential, we’re capable of an upset."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/02/fa-cup-first-round-fans-players-directors-photographers-directors-press-officers

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on November 02, 2017, 05:17:27 pm by idler »
It's a bit like us playing Stoke the other season. They have a better team but you always think and hope that you can get it right on the day and cause an upset. We could and should have drawn that game.There are some upsets every season.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on November 02, 2017, 06:48:00 pm by i_ateallthepies »

It won't be easy!

This.  :that:

Rovers have shown vulnerability against weaker sides this season.  Perhaps there is a air of complacency about some of the more talented but younger players in the side.  I wouldn't be troubled to see some of our up and coming fringe players get the chance because they might have a hunger similar to what Ebbsfleet will doubtlessly have.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on November 02, 2017, 07:50:24 pm by Alan Southstand »
They might have the hunger but they haven't got the physicality and the very last thing we need is more injuries.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on November 02, 2017, 09:24:58 pm by selby »
  Wright missing will be a big miss for us,he has been very good this season.It will be interesting to see if he will stick with Alcock and Toffolo  and bring in Garrett on the left of a three,but it would mean trying to get 90 mins out of Baudry,if we were not well on top.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on November 03, 2017, 08:17:38 am by Alan Southstand »
Whatever happened to McCullough? I thought he 'was just behind Bawdry' with his fitness? Another setback?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on November 03, 2017, 08:27:00 am by The Red Baron »
Whatever happened to McCullough? I thought he 'was just behind Bawdry' with his fitness? Another setback?

Good point. Nothing said about him yesterday. He picked up a slight strain when he returned to training but you'd think he'd be close by now.

There is a reserve game next week so it will be interesting if he features in that.

While on the subject of missing players, I thought Matty Blair was back in training a week ago, but he doesn't seem to be in the squad at the moment.

legendslounger

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on November 03, 2017, 09:34:59 am by legendslounger »
no tickets on the day? have to get on the fone this am

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on November 03, 2017, 09:36:20 am by drfchound »
Hasn't Blair been excused for a while to help him get mentally right after the loss of his brother.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on November 03, 2017, 11:01:20 am by The Red Baron »
Hasn't Blair been excused for a while to help him get mentally right after the loss of his brother.

I read about a week ago that he'd taken some time off and was back in training. Maybe he is just training and doesn't feel ready to play yet.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on November 03, 2017, 11:28:02 am by selby »
 It is not that good a weather forcast for tomorrows game,we can expect to get wet.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on November 03, 2017, 11:36:22 am by ditch_drfc »

Rang the ticket office after seeing this. Not only is there no pay on the day, Ebsfleet aren't allowing ANY collections at their ground. Can't see any justifications for doing this.

Pretty poor if you live in London like me. Bad that this isn't advertised on the site too.

Hoping that special delivery post works okay for tomorrow, otherwise that's £17 I've just wasted.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on November 03, 2017, 11:47:29 am by The Red Baron »
It is not that good a weather forcast for tomorrows game,we can expect to get wet.

Hopefully not too wet. The referee is Mr. Collins of Charlton-on-Sea fame.

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on November 03, 2017, 12:02:19 pm by gillinghamrover »
Forecast is for the rain to stop around 3ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on November 03, 2017, 01:03:13 pm by RoversAlias »
The ref from the Charlton rain fiasco...FA Cup first round. I'm coming out in sweats remembering Weston!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on November 03, 2017, 01:45:57 pm by RedJ »

Rang the ticket office after seeing this. Not only is there no pay on the day, Ebsfleet aren't allowing ANY collections at their ground. Can't see any justifications for doing this.

Pretty poor if you live in London like me. Bad that this isn't advertised on the site too.

Hoping that special delivery post works okay for tomorrow, otherwise that's £17 I've just wasted.

That's absolutely shocking. I know it's a non-league outfit but I really can't see how they can justify this.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on November 03, 2017, 02:24:52 pm by selby »
  They have been a pain since the tie was announced, they  are making it as hard as possible for us at every step.
  Typical southern jessies.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on November 03, 2017, 03:07:41 pm by ditch_drfc »
Yeah, I know. The lass in the ticket office was saying she couldn't believe it too. They did ask for it, given the short turn around time on general sale tickets, but Ebsfleet insisted no sales on the gates and absolutely no collections.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on November 03, 2017, 03:38:32 pm by RedJ »
That's absolutely dreadful. I mean fair enough if you want to make it all ticket but it's hardly been on sale for ages and if you find out you can go last minute you're f**ked.

Genuinely can't think what justification they could possibly have, I mean it wouldn't even be difficult to administer if they just sent them on the coach down.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on November 03, 2017, 03:48:35 pm by idler »
It's a bit late to arrange now but pre-paid tickets could have maybe gone down with one of our coaches and then be picked up from one of our fans outside their away turnstile.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on November 03, 2017, 04:03:06 pm by drfchound »
If it turns out to need a replay we should demand that they show their passports when entering Yorkshire.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on November 03, 2017, 04:52:50 pm by anne honemous »
Whatever team we play tomorrow, it won't be an easy game.

It wouldn't have been an easy game if we played East Thurrock either, as they obviously did well to reach the Fourth Round in the first place and take Ebbsfleet to a replay.

That said, if we didn't progress, whilst it would be disappointing, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

I'd gladly swap a win tomorrow for a win in a league game as that's more important.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on November 03, 2017, 04:57:30 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I love the FA cup, and always want us to have a decent cup run and get to the third round so I'd love to see a full strength team out at Ebbsfleet on Saturday.

You can pretty much guarantee that this will be the season that we have a storming cup run and draw a massive Prem team in the third round away from home - mainly because it is something I have been waiting for all my life and this is the one season where I wouldn't be able to go to the game!
Guaranteed to be Man U away then. Sorry you will miss it Jenny.

So am I but I'll let her know what it was like.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on November 03, 2017, 05:17:54 pm by glosterred »
For those that are not going and have ifollow

IFOLLOW ROVERS | Live coverage of Saturday's game at @EUFCofficial will be via audio commentary only. bit.ly/2yqwoFX

COYR

Alan Wyatt

« Reply #86 on November 03, 2017, 06:42:09 pm by Alan Wyatt »
Yeah, I know. The lass in the ticket office was saying she couldn't believe it too. They did ask for it, given the short turn around time on general sale tickets, but Ebsfleet insisted no sales on the gates and absolutely no collections.

Just a small point or two on this - firstly, our Club Secretary has confirmed this was at the insistence of the police rather than our club.
Secondly, the match tickets are at your club office, so unless they set them back to us, they could not be made available for collection at the ground - and if they were being sent back to us, they may as well be sent to the purchasers.
You guys had 2 weeks to order tickets from your club - if you chose to leave it to the last minute, its your lookout. To complain about our sales process is a bit off. After all, what if you had sold out before now - you would have had no ticket at all. And selling tickets on the day then would mean potential trouble if additional Doncaster fans tried getting tickets in the home end.
We will only have 2 or 3 full houses this season  - if that - so setting up a online sales process is more hassle that its worth at the moment.It would also mean finding the staff to deal with it.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on November 03, 2017, 07:50:53 pm by RedJ »
But it wouldn't have been difficult at all to just send them back on the coaches for collection at the ground... isn't exactly a logistical nightmare, is it?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on November 03, 2017, 07:57:14 pm by IDM »

Just a small point or two on this - firstly, our Club Secretary has confirmed this was at the insistence of the police rather than our club.
Secondly, the match tickets are at your club office, so unless they set them back to us, they could not be made available for collection at the ground - and if they were being sent back to us, they may as well be sent to the purchasers.
You guys had 2 weeks to order tickets from your club - if you chose to leave it to the last minute, its your lookout. To complain about our sales process is a bit off. After all, what if you had sold out before now - you would have had no ticket at all. And selling tickets on the day then would mean potential trouble if additional Doncaster fans tried getting tickets in the home end.
We will only have 2 or 3 full houses this season  - if that - so setting up a online sales process is more hassle that its worth at the moment.It would also mean finding the staff to deal with it.

It is common practice for away tickets previously bought online or on the phone, to be collected at the away ground.

This is very useful for people like me who live around 80 miles from the home ground.  The tickets can be taken to the away club between going off sale on Friday lunchtime, and on the day of the game..

It's not difficult and only requires one collection point.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on November 03, 2017, 08:24:57 pm by silent majority »
Letting the Police dictate how tickets are sold is even worse.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012