Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:16:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The development squad  (Read 3039 times)

selby

• VSC Member
The development squad
« on November 05, 2017, 12:03:51 pm by selby »
  Have they a fixture at Cantley this week? and if so what day and kick off time?
  If anyone has the information I would appreciate a reply, and thanks in advance if you do.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: The development squad
« Reply #1 on November 05, 2017, 12:23:10 pm by steve@dcfd »
Should be playing at home against Hartlepool on Tuesday 7th at 2pm that’s what’s on my interactive calendar from the club

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 05, 2017, 01:39:12 pm by selby »
  Thanks Steve

Heffs right foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 05, 2017, 04:49:52 pm by Heffs right foot »
Thinking the same as Selby.....Tuesday it is then two o clock , kick off. I'll be there.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 07, 2017, 03:58:33 pm by The Red Baron »
Won 4-0 after leading 1-0 at half time through a Williams penalty. Williams, Mandeville and Beestin scored in the second half.

lukeygladdy

« Reply #5 on November 07, 2017, 03:59:58 pm by lukeygladdy »
any notable performance today? did the front 3 play all game?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 07, 2017, 04:25:05 pm by glosterred »
For those that attended, anyone stand out?

COYR

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 07, 2017, 04:33:38 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Any sign of McCullough?

Heffs right foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 07, 2017, 04:40:37 pm by Heffs right foot »
Only on touchline.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 07, 2017, 04:42:49 pm by Alan Southstand »
Lots of good performances and some less so. Stand out player, for me, was Morgan James (if that was who played No7). Reminded me of a young Ian Snodin, a bit of a Jack Russel of a lad. Looks like he needs feeding up on grandma's Yorkshire Puds, but doesn't play like it. Beestin probably the next stand out player and all the lads in the back 3 were ok (new lad called Billy Roast? Who played on the right of the back 3 looked a prospect)
Ben Khemis had a good solid first half playing just behind Willo, but when moved back into midfield second half, seemed to drift out of the game.
Williams took his pen and his goal well, however Mande looked a bit rusty!
Enjoyable game even with the weather being crap.

Heffs right foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 07, 2017, 04:49:49 pm by Heffs right foot »
For me player who stood out...young Danny Amos at the back, closely followed by Cody Prior, others may see it different to me, even though Hartlepool were no great shakes...nice to see Willow get 90minutes under his belt and be among the goals.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 07, 2017, 05:12:22 pm by steve@dcfd »
 4. 0 is a good result but Williams and Mandeville should have scored more with the good chances they had.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 07, 2017, 05:29:27 pm by selby »
  I think that everyone has called it about right with the stand out players,Amos and James  both having good games.
 Wlliams and Mandeville got better as the game went on,but the younger players stole the show,no one having a bad game.
 Fergie has improved the club playing structure supporting the first team out of all recognition,if these youngsters carry on improving,it will not be long before a couple will be knocking on the door of the first team.
  McCullough is about a month off being back in training,Alfie started back yesterday running,which is great news.All together  another good showing,and I am more confident that the club as a whole, is going in the right direction and we have the right management team,than I have been for a long time.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 07, 2017, 05:29:35 pm by Alan Southstand »
Both very tidy players, HeffsRF, but I thought young Morgan ran the show in midfield. For one so young, he plays with a lot of maturity, and add to that he did well against Scunny last week.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 07, 2017, 05:51:41 pm by The Red Baron »
I think Billy Roast is a non-League trialist. Formerly with Colchester. Currently with Concord Rangers.

Heffs right foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 07, 2017, 06:20:28 pm by Heffs right foot »
Alan Southstand quite agree with young Morgan James, my mistake to not mention him, the boy has certainly an engine on him and always ready to accept a pass, thought he stretched the game as well, when he swapped places with Alfie Beestin on the right hand side, All the young lads came out of the game with a great deal of credit, shows the staff are doing good things bringing these lads through.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 07, 2017, 06:31:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
All good to hear and good that you lads take the time out to go and cast your eye over the future!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 07, 2017, 06:36:44 pm by selby »
   I  always like to see any players on the other side who play well.The tall No4 looked a good strong player with more than a little skill.
  They were also a very young side,and kept trying to play the right way.there are definately some very good youngsters coming though at junior level at the moment at most clubs.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 07, 2017, 11:00:13 pm by Alan Southstand »
If the lads keep up their respective progress, I can see a few making the step up. Trouble is, it's such a tough call, as some improve and some fall away. We have probably as good a set of young lads than we have had for many a season.
On top of that, if you consider the likes of Ben Khemis, Beestin and possibly Longbottom and Fielding, we have some in-betweeners who are not that far away. All good for the future.
What we haven't found yet, is a young clinical striker and they simply don't grow on trees. Maybe young Alex Kiwomya will add a little something to what we have already, assuming and hoping his recovery goes to plan.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012