Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:19:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: James Coppinger  (Read 5574 times)

legendslounger

• Forum Member
Re: James Coppinger
« Reply #30 on November 18, 2017, 11:52:38 am by legendslounger »
still got another season in him - LEGEND!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 18, 2017, 09:10:34 pm by RedJ »
No he's lived in Guisborough in the Middlesbrough area for years

Guisborough is in the North Riding

still fair to say its in the Middlesbrough area; football supporters in the town follow Boro, as did Copps growing up I believe?

Surely not? boyhood Forest fan isn't he? :silly:

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2012/august/james-this-is-the-right-time-for-me/

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 18, 2017, 09:38:31 pm by PDX_Rover »
  I think Saturday was a pivotal moment for Copps..That's the first time he signalled he had to come off because he was cooked.And if we are honest it wasn't a fast paced game...

I'm not so sure whether he will be here or not next season..I was hoping we would offer him a player/coach role so he could work with our youngsters  as what better teacher could they have?

That interview doesn't give you confidence that he fancies trolling down the Motorway for 4 hrs a day for much longer though, and if he does go into coaching when he's finished it will be somewhere closer to home..

So that just leaves if he's worth a contract for playing only for 1 more year and taking sentiment out of it that a decision best left to the end of the season when we see how he is fitness and mentally wise.You could say he is worth keeping on even if he is on the bench for thirty minute cameo's next season but his contact offer would have to reflect that I think and he may not fancy it...

Sometimes it’s not the pace of the game but how much he’s kicked, elbowed, tripped etc. that takes a toll on him I reckon. He got some rough treatment by those w**kers last week.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 18, 2017, 10:30:31 pm by bobjimwilly »

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 19, 2017, 05:42:54 pm by anne honemous »
He could last at least one more year playing, then other options are available elsewhere whether it be non-league, coaching,  being involved in youth football, etc.

If I were DF though, I wouldn't rush to offer a contract extension at the moment - lets see what things are like in 2/3 months from now as a lot can change in a short space of time.

It's still questionable whether we acted too soon by offering Marquis a three year extension.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 19, 2017, 06:22:10 pm by rich1471 »
He could last 1 or 2 years coming on in the last 30 minutes when we need experience to see the game out, but he travels 3-4 hours per day and trains and that takes Its toll on your body and with a young family why would you want to miss them grow up , it he still wants to play on and not travel loads of local sides would sign him up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012