Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:15:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Would anyone else like to see Whiteman starting  (Read 1867 times)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
Would anyone else like to see Whiteman starting
« on November 20, 2017, 07:45:17 am by phil old leake »
The team have been playing quite well recently and this question is not meant as a criticism
I just feel that Whiteman always looks positive when he plays
It seems a waste to have him sat on the bench

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Would anyone else like to see Whiteman starting
« Reply #1 on November 20, 2017, 07:54:18 am by hoolahoop »
Some would argue that he needs to wait his turn, I would argue that we need that enthusiasm rubbing off on other players quickly if we are to be inventive, inspired and winning games now.
He has the skill let's see what he can bring to the team on a regular basis -  wins I he as any more turgid draws will see us gently fall into the relegation zone .
We need wins ......

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 20, 2017, 08:30:17 am by selby »
He is not as good as the players who are playing in the positions he has played in this year, and he is not as good a footballer  as Rowe,Coppinger,or Rodney to get a chance further up field unless we suffer injuries.
    So it is a no from me unless forced on us, or we change the formation to shoe  him in again, another no from me.
  He is a good back up player,probable starter if we revert to a four at the back(unlikely at the moment) and will have to wait his chance and show more in his game creatively when he gets the chance.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 20, 2017, 08:39:54 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Not for me, he's not performed as well as I'd have liked a lot of the time, needs to add more end product.  He's only done it in one or two games.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 20, 2017, 08:59:25 am by the vicar »
We won't start winning games til we start shooting, and when WhIteman is on he does just that and sometimes scores. I am sick of our players getting into a good shooting position then putting it out wide again we really  do need to shoot abit more.  We also pass back to a deep position when we get the other team on the rack as we did a bit to much at Fleetwood I'm not against passing back cos it brings the other team out so we can get behind them but we do do it to much

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 20, 2017, 09:19:50 am by 5minstogo »
It's difficult because there isn't much between him and Dave. I'd have Whiteman purely because he's shown he's better in front of goal and let's face it......we need some goals.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 20, 2017, 09:39:37 am by Bentley Bullet »
Stick him up front.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 20, 2017, 12:06:56 pm by RoversAlias »
I'd have him on instead of Kongolo personally but it's a tough call, game-to-game at the moment.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 20, 2017, 12:23:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, it's a difficult one because he's a different player to Roders, Rowe, Copps and Blair. Whiteman is best suited to a more central position whereas Kongolo is more comfortable on the right.

He certainly has more of a goal threat when in and around the box but there are other duties to perform.

If Copps is rested tomorrow night then he has a chance.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 20, 2017, 12:47:43 pm by nortikorner »
Yes from me far better than Rodney(dave)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 20, 2017, 12:55:27 pm by selby »
  Nortikorner,I will make a prediction here,one will play for his country and may play in the premiership,one will have a decent career but play no higher than the championship.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 20, 2017, 01:06:40 pm by 5minstogo »
I think people forget there is two years age difference between Dave and Ben. In two years Dave will be playing at a higher level. It's his first outing into proper football.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 20, 2017, 01:30:03 pm by Alan Southstand »
The only slight problem I have with Whiteman is - is he fit? When the subs came on at half time v Rotherham, he spent most of the time feeling his right knee!

I can't see how anyone can judge whether he is better than anyone else in a more forward role, as DF has so far preferred him to be more defensive and central. He came on for Copps at Fleetwood but was that to shore up and defend our position?

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 20, 2017, 02:09:45 pm by DMnumber4 »
He's not done enough for me to be honest.

Not since he did this:

https://youtu.be/o68Esk0re48

Oh, Whiteman... :chair:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012