Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:40:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: We are a team..  (Read 6624 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
We are a team..
« on November 21, 2017, 09:47:26 pm by Donnyjim »
Going no where, apart from down. I'm afraid the current manager and team are shite and we are heading back to L2, pure and simple. The only way to change this is with some movement in the transfer window and a change of management. Neither will happen - league 2 here we come.  :turd:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
Re: We are a team..
« Reply #1 on November 21, 2017, 09:48:17 pm by CrippyCooke »
This season does have that feeling about it.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 21, 2017, 09:51:08 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Still convinced we won't go down Jim. Having said that I said that 2 seasons ago! 😀😀
There is some truth in your post though: this set of players is not good enough for this division (to do well in this division I mean) and I'm not a hugs DF fan. But to be fair, who else would we get? Any manager coming in would say 'we need to invest in new players because this lot is struggling. How much money do I have?'

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 21, 2017, 09:52:50 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Hahaha aup Jim have a good evening mate.

Jesus wept.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 21, 2017, 09:53:05 pm by Bessie Red »
Not like you to over react DonnyJim!!
They were a Championship team last season we were a league 2 team. They have a great home record & I expected a defeat tonight. Lets move on.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 21, 2017, 09:53:14 pm by Chris Black come back »
I am not sure that is right that we will go down. I do not think we are going down. I am pretty certain we will be safe.

It was a tough game tonight and while it matched the biggest beating handed out by Wigan at home this season, it is clearly a tough place to go for anyone.

What is an open question is whether we are actually progressing under the current manager. At League One level there remains some remarkable consistency under the current manager:

2015/16 season - 35 games, 35 points - 1.00 points per game
2017/18 season - 19 games, 20 points - 1.05 points per game

It really is quite something. A point a game.

Different seasons, different players, different opposition. A point a game.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 21, 2017, 09:54:22 pm by drfchound »
Still convinced we won't go down Jim. Having said that I said that 2 seasons ago! 😀😀
There is some truth in your post though: this set of players is not good enough for this division (to do well in this division I mean) and I'm not a hugs DF fan. But to be fair, who else would we get? Any manager coming in would say 'we need to invest in new players because this lot is struggling. How much money do I have?'

Who would we get ?
Who knows, but it could be someone who got the team doing well.
There are plenty of good football managers out there and one could just be the right fit.

The alternative presumably is to plod along towards L2 and do nothing about it.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 21, 2017, 09:56:33 pm by GazLaz »
Ban this Kitson.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 21, 2017, 09:57:12 pm by steve@dcfd »
I am not sure that is right that we will go down. I do not think we are going down. I am pretty certain we will be safe.

It was a tough game tonight and while it matched the biggest beating handed out by Wigan at home this season, it is clearly a tough place to go for anyone.

What is an open question is whether we are actually progressing under the current manager. At League One level there remains some remarkable consistency under the current manager:

Have we progressed since the current owners took over the club. They have tried different managers and players yet we are still treading water as a club.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 21, 2017, 09:58:32 pm by pib »
Goals are proving a massive issue. Sounds stupid after getting thumped tonight but it's a wider issue.

With Fergie you're never going to get a solid defence. So you need to be an attacking force.

We've scored 1 in the last 3 and that was an own goal.

He had the resources at Peterborough to go out and buy up and coming gems who were prolific attackers (Boyd, McLean, Mackail-Smith et al.). Big question marks over whether his style is as effective on a budget.

We've been harder to beat in recent weeks but it was all undone tonight, albeit by a good side. Saturday will be interesting, and the season as a whole feels like another that will go down to the wire.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 21, 2017, 10:00:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Here we go, same old inquest after a loss. Wigan are favourite's to go up. Not worth losing sleep over or winding people up.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 21, 2017, 10:00:45 pm by Chris Black come back »

Have we progressed since the current owners took over the club. They have tried different managers and players yet we are still treading water as a club.

I think the current owners are free of blame here. They had the unenviable task of putting the club back into the financial real world. We were consistently churning through a loss of several millions each season that was not sustainable. We were simply living way beyond our means.

What many will be frustrated with is that even by cutting our cloth, we still should be expected to have a decent "competitive" budget at League One level and ideally, a manager who can wring something extra out of the squad that the budget produces. Water into wine. It is not clear that this is happening.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 21, 2017, 10:00:56 pm by drfchound »
Ban this Kitson.

Was that aimed at me Gaz ?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 21, 2017, 10:02:25 pm by wing commander »
Forget all this talk about our performances not getting the results we deserve.. For us to win a game no matter who we play we have to be at 100%.We are just too easy to beat. Wigan won at a canter tonight.We are a couple of points of relegation and despite fans inflated sentimental opinions of most of our players, that's were we deserve to be..
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:12:28 pm by wing commander »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 21, 2017, 10:02:42 pm by bobjimwilly »
Might just be me, but I thought Wigan are a top 2 team who only got relegated from the Championship last season? But yeah, we should be thrashing TLO Wigan, shouldn't we Donnyjim?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 21, 2017, 10:04:44 pm by dickos1 »

Last couple of weeks it hasn't been averaging a point a game.
It changes every week, bit silly to keep posting it every time it equates.
After the bury game it was nothing like

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 21, 2017, 10:05:58 pm by RoversAlias »

Last couple of weeks it hasn't been averaging a point a game.
It changes every week, bit silly to keep posting it every time it equates.
After the bury game it was nothing like

He's obsessed I'm afraid.

Sometimes these games go like they did tonight, away to a clearly superior footballing side. On another night, Marquis scores before the break and maybe we get something. We won 3-1 at Blackburn and were well worth that win, so it's not like we're incapable.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 21, 2017, 10:09:59 pm by dickos1 »
Think ferguson should've changed it before half time
Blair was getting murdered and it wasn't his fault

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 21, 2017, 10:17:57 pm by nortikorner »
What was the team formation

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 21, 2017, 10:20:05 pm by Donnyjim »
Think ferguson should've changed it before half time
Blair was getting murdered and it wasn't his fault

Dickos having a go at our manager? Hold the back page!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 21, 2017, 10:21:16 pm by dickos1 »
Not having a go
Just giving my opinion,
Did you go?

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 21, 2017, 10:21:27 pm by CrippyCooke »
Ban this Kitson.

You'd have thought calling someone a Kitson for voicing their opinion would be more worthy of a ban.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 21, 2017, 10:24:32 pm by dickos1 »
It's not the fact it's his opinion
It's more, the fact he comes on here minutes after every defeat saying sack the manager
And also disappears when we win
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:32:04 pm by dickos1 »

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 21, 2017, 10:30:21 pm by Bessie Red »
Lets put this result into perspective.
Wigan have played 9 home games so far and there record is W6 D2 L1. The loss was against a promotion rival and one of the draws was against a promotion rival. They have won three home games by a score of 3-0 & one by a score of 4-1. Surely only the most optimistic or craziest Rovers fans expected a positive result tonight. Not many teams will get anything from the DW this season.
Lets just see how we fare against the lesser teams from now on now we have found our feet at this level.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 21, 2017, 10:36:38 pm by graingrover »
I watched the game live on I follow .
  No doubt that is a good strong Wigan side fit for Championship status and we will meet no stronger opponent for the rest of the season .
  Lawlor 6, Blair 5 Wright 7 Butler 7 Baudry 6 Toffolo 6 Houghton 6 Copps 6 Rowe 5 Kongolo 7

and a 5 for Marquis infront of goal and 8 for his energy both attacking the channels and even tracking back.
             The pitch was huge and called for athleticism and the skill to make the ball do the work so to speak. They did that and we couldn't match them in vital areas for the first two goals .

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 21, 2017, 10:36:48 pm by bpoolrover »
I've no problem with losing it's the manner we lost, we set up with everyone behind the ball and after 10 mins it was clear that it was not going to work, we looked better with 2 up front let's hope he learns from it

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 21, 2017, 10:37:30 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Goals are proving a massive issue. Sounds stupid after getting thumped tonight but it's a wider issue.

With Fergie you're never going to get a solid defence. So you need to be an attacking force.

We've scored 1 in the last 3 and that was an own goal.

He had the resources at Peterborough to go out and buy up and coming gems who were prolific attackers (Boyd, McLean, Mackail-Smith et al.). Big question marks over whether his style is as effective on a budget.

We've been harder to beat in recent weeks but it was all undone tonight, albeit by a good side. Saturday will be interesting, and the season as a whole feels like another that will go down to the wire.

That is the real worry. If we could score more than the opposition it would mask the defensive frailities. But Marquis on a bad run, May injured, Williams not really wanted, no-one else up to the necessary level, where do the goals come from. Very worrying, and anyone who thinks its just because Wigan have just come down and we have just come up are not facing up to reality.... 

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 21, 2017, 10:40:11 pm by Chris Black come back »
I believe that Williams came on at half time and got injured within 20 minutes and was subbed off.

There are five teams who have scored less than us and they are all below us. Bottom of the table Bury have scored the same number as us - 19 goals or one goal per game.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 21, 2017, 10:42:00 pm by dickos1 »
Got nothing to do with where we've both come from, Just that they're a very good side and have spanked a load of sides at home this season

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 21, 2017, 10:43:48 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Got nothing to do with where we've both come from, Just that they're a very good side and have spanked a load of sides at home this season

So we are ok goalscoring then?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012