Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:45:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hands up if at Half time ...  (Read 1494 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Hands up if at Half time ...
« on December 04, 2017, 11:22:43 am by Donnywolf »
... or just before Half Time you cast your mind back to the MK Dons game.

They could / should have gone in 3-0 or even 4-0 up whilst we had turned in "a nothing half". Poor should cover it !

Yesterday we could have done the same 3-0 up even if we had taken half the chances that came our way and they had not been as poor as we were v MKD.

I was "nervous" to say the least and with 17MB having to go off at Half Time my trepidation increased and for the 15 minutes or so after HT I was "more worried" but eventually we got going and ran out deserved winners.

Well done Rovers - kick on from here ! :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Hands up if at Half time ...
« Reply #1 on December 04, 2017, 11:26:12 am by Filo »
I put in the lucky pint thread that I hoped we might not regret making our dominance pay

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 04, 2017, 11:27:33 am by donnievic »
If we had of conceded in those 10 mins before half time or 15 mins after there is no doubt in my mind we would have been beat,but we didn’t.we dug in and then finished strong and were worthy winners

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 04, 2017, 11:31:45 am by drfchound »
Much credit should be given to Rodney as well.
I said at half time that although he is a good player going forward, his defensive duties leave a bit to be desired.
However, credit to the lad, he played a bit deeper than he has done in the past and helped mason out when needed.
He still found time to get behind them a couple of times too and got good crosses in.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 04, 2017, 12:03:01 pm by Filo »
Much credit should be given to Rodney as well.
I said at half time that although he is a good player going forward, his defensive duties leave a bit to be desired.
However, credit to the lad, he played a bit deeper than he has done in the past and helped mason out when needed.
He still found time to get behind them a couple of times too and got good crosses in.

The only header he won was the most important one, in our box and got some sarcsstic cheers from the South Stand 😀

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 04, 2017, 12:23:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, it took him a while to get into the game. Seemed a bit half-hearted with his attempts at aeriel challenges but got one right when we needed it. Looked a threat going forward too.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 04, 2017, 04:06:29 pm by Alan Southstand »
If we are to keep him after January, then he would be ideal to play in Copps position (we can't keep relying on JC).

TinyPortal © 2005-2012