Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:27:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: sour grapes  (Read 3463 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pib

• Forum Member
Re: sour grapes
« Reply #1 on February 14, 2019, 03:14:21 pm by pib »
Good god. Is he still f**king banging on about it?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 14, 2019, 03:22:09 pm by glosterred »
The result of having to write an article a day about the Posh and having fook all to write about

COYR

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 14, 2019, 03:35:24 pm by Retdon1 »
The reporter is a k*ob, always has been

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 14, 2019, 03:45:58 pm by Filo »
That fair defeat must have hurt like hell, he’ll go to his grave spitting venom about that, if that is what modern day journalism is they may as well pack it all in

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 14, 2019, 04:17:55 pm by drfchound »
I thought his first report on the game was a joke but this is even worse, given that he has had plenty of time to actually digest what happened.

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 14, 2019, 04:18:27 pm by South East Rover »
To allowed Posh to walk in an unopposed goal
was the only way they would score another goal.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 14, 2019, 04:21:08 pm by drfchound »
They would have probably shot wide.
The journo would have then probably said that Marosi had unsportingly shouted boo at their player and demanded a second go.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 14, 2019, 04:39:02 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Aye sour grapes
A whole vineyard full

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 14, 2019, 05:00:07 pm by drfc1951 »
On the comments below the article a Donny  fan agreed with everything he said.

Sod This For a Laugh

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 14, 2019, 05:00:49 pm by Sod This For a Laugh »
I have emailed the reporter following this article. Reference the 3rd goal he is stating JM told the keeper to put the ball out and we would give it them back.

If that is true puts a slightly different slant on what happened.

Although from where I was sat JM was nowhere near the keeper when he threw it out

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 14, 2019, 05:25:49 pm by Filo »
I have emailed the reporter following this article. Reference the 3rd goal he is stating JM told the keeper to put the ball out and we would give it them back.

Although from where I was sat JM was nowhere near the keeper when he threw it out

Unless he was on the pich and heard it, he can’t be sure of that, he’s only taking Fergies word for it, and we know he’s a lying t**t

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 14, 2019, 05:28:35 pm by PDX_Rover »

Well then you get into 'he said, no, he said' territory... I've watched it back and I really don't see JM gesturing to put the ball out. The keeper might have just said that to save face.  It was up to the Peterborough players to communicate what was going on. Goalkeepers don't dictate the rules. No player does. He f**ked up. The referee indicated play on, we played on. Same for both sets of players.

Alan Swann actually blocked me on Twitter as I had the nerve to point these facts out to him. He's a sad man.

I bet he's a riot at the Christmas party.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 14, 2019, 06:38:59 pm by dknward2 »
Click bait article get Peterborough fans reading it saying boo donny and donny fans reading it saying why is he still waffling on about it ffs. Double the amount of normal clicks to his bullshit articles

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 14, 2019, 06:41:55 pm by drfchound »
I wouldn’t worry about playing them for a while.
We are going up and they will be in L2 in a couple of years.

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 14, 2019, 06:42:34 pm by CottyRover »
To allowed Posh to walk in an unopposed goal
was the only way they would score another goal.

In McCann's post match interview the Radio Dee Dah reporter asks if he had considered doing that. Grant's look of complete incomprehension is priceless!

Sarge

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 14, 2019, 06:47:51 pm by Sarge »
After reading his initial report after the game and having a little chuckle on how biased it was I didn’t think that this “journalist” could produce drivel that could beat Saturdays report.

Having had a few days to contemplate what actually happened, Toney’s extravagant dive could have caused more damage (slipping a disc-lol) etc. you would have thought the “journalist” might have toned down his mid-week report

I must congratulate him on exceeding my expectations.... an utter tool of the highest order

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 14, 2019, 07:11:34 pm by roversdude »
Who are the Rovers fans agreeing with him ?
The reporter is making a cock of himself

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 14, 2019, 07:20:57 pm by i_ateallthepies »

I think that would be Dickos' mates.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 14, 2019, 07:51:21 pm by drfchound »
On the comments below the article a Donny  fan agreed with everything he said.

Could easily have been someone who claimed to be a Donny fan, but isn’t really.

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 14, 2019, 08:05:30 pm by South East Rover »

J.M ran over to pick up the ball first to take a quick throw in before H.K took it off him & the rest is history,
so I don't see why J.M would do that & there player was receiving treatment for 35/ 40 seconds before he through the ball out

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 14, 2019, 08:48:38 pm by ravenrover »
At first everything he described seemed to encapsulate Poshs performance, time wasting, trying to get players sent off, huddling in far corners of the pitch celebrating a goal, histrionics but no he managed to pull the"goal" up again. The keeper obviously "made a mistake", more fool him

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 14, 2019, 09:02:45 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Sockpuppets

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 14, 2019, 09:09:38 pm by Donnybob »
If anyone still needs to understand the significance of last Saturday it is encapsulated in the local newspaper reaction, in DF's bitter reaction, in the way the fans are still bitching. They are frozen in time, stuck in the past, bemoaning the defeat. Unable to move on. Dejected and defeated. It is a stench surrounding the club.

Do you imagine the players have shrugged it off? No way. It was a dagger through their collective hearts and my guess is they are dreading Saturday. They simply have to win. Psychologically the season is over if they don't but instead of looking forwards they are still raking over something that's already been and gone.

Conversely, we won, celebrated, put it to bed and moved on to the next challenge. And we won that convincingly, sticking another dagger in their psyche. From being above us they fell 4 points behind.

It probably doesn't help for them to see us gearing up for a fantastic occasion on Sunday when frankly it doesn't matter whether we win or lose. Either way we get to show off the ground, the support and the team on national TV. And we will look fabulous - ambitious, forward thinking, tidy. They're gonna hate that.

His old man might think he invented mind games. This is a classic and it is they who are creating them, falling for them, without us even trying. We moved on. They can't. They're scarred now, for the rest of the season and probably beyond.

Should they pull off a win this weekend we're still ahead and will have 2 games in hand. Who'd want to be in their shoes?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 14, 2019, 09:24:25 pm by Alan Southstand »
The keeper put it out to waste time - end of!

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 14, 2019, 09:52:22 pm by South East Rover »
The keeper put it out to waste time - end of!

Exactly down to 9 men he just though waste a bit of time, take the pressure off, get the sub on,
but it spectacularly backfired for them FFS get over it.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 15, 2019, 03:32:34 pm by scawsby steve »
If anyone still needs to understand the significance of last Saturday it is encapsulated in the local newspaper reaction, in DF's bitter reaction, in the way the fans are still bitching. They are frozen in time, stuck in the past, bemoaning the defeat. Unable to move on. Dejected and defeated. It is a stench surrounding the club.

Do you imagine the players have shrugged it off? No way. It was a dagger through their collective hearts and my guess is they are dreading Saturday. They simply have to win. Psychologically the season is over if they don't but instead of looking forwards they are still raking over something that's already been and gone.

Conversely, we won, celebrated, put it to bed and moved on to the next challenge. And we won that convincingly, sticking another dagger in their psyche. From being above us they fell 4 points behind.

It probably doesn't help for them to see us gearing up for a fantastic occasion on Sunday when frankly it doesn't matter whether we win or lose. Either way we get to show off the ground, the support and the team on national TV. And we will look fabulous - ambitious, forward thinking, tidy. They're gonna hate that.

His old man might think he invented mind games. This is a classic and it is they who are creating them, falling for them, without us even trying. We moved on. They can't. They're scarred now, for the rest of the season and probably beyond.

Should they pull off a win this weekend we're still ahead and will have 2 games in hand. Who'd want to be in their shoes?

What an excellent post Bob.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012