Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:11:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tommy Rowe  (Read 2308 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Tommy Rowe
« on December 04, 2017, 12:10:45 am by selby »
 What got into him today?Scoring with a right foot shot on the run while under pressure. He has balked at so many easier chances on his right foot before, I  thought it was only for standing on.
  Thats it now we Know he can do it when he has no time to think,lets see more of a two footed player please.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Tommy Rowe
« Reply #1 on December 04, 2017, 06:34:38 am by Donnywolf »
Yes was great to see him put THAT foot through the ball in that way - and it worked a treat !

Also full credit to him for even getting a shot away as 2 of them tried to wrestle him down to the floor.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:04:59 am by Donnywolf »

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 04, 2017, 10:16:35 am by glosterred »
It was a different TR that we saw yesterday, when he scored his second goal in previous games he may have taken a tumble instead of battling past the defenders.

COYR

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 04, 2017, 10:19:19 am by Copps is Magic »
Currently joint top scorer in the FA Cup.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 04, 2017, 10:28:07 am by wing commander »
  Well we get no prizes for that..Hopefully though it will wake him up in the league and get some consistency back into his game..The Tommy Rowe people apparently watched yesterday is a fantastic asset to this team and will make all the difference...It's up to him to show it..

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 04, 2017, 10:29:29 am by chrisd_123 »
What got into him today?Scoring with a right foot shot on the run while under pressure. He has balked at so many easier chances on his right foot before, I  thought it was only for standing on.
  Thats it now we Know he can do it when he has no time to think,lets see more of a two footed player please.

When the South Stand pleaded with him to shoot on the edge of the box I turned to my mate and said "No point shouting, he's not got a right foot..." then did that. Fair play.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 04, 2017, 10:40:00 am by wing commander »
    I wonder if it's the effect of technical coaching why so many players don't do this anymore?? Coaches have to go on so many coaching courses to pass various levels..All teaching the same thing..So surely when they completed the courses one coach is the same as another..Individuality/taking a chance is vanishing from players..We just don't produce individual genius players like Best/Brady/Gazza/ and so on anymore there natural talent is coached out of them the minute they start training with a pro club...IMO Anyway..

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 04, 2017, 11:17:07 am by Donnywolf »
It was a different TR that we saw yesterday, when he scored his second goal in previous games he may have taken a tumble instead of battling past the defenders.

COYR

Glad he stayed on his feet as probably no Pen would have been given ! (I know Calls for speculation !)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 04, 2017, 11:34:59 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
For one who said recently, he needs to pull his finger out, credit where credits due, he certainly did that and put his best performance in for a while.

More of the same please Tommy. Rock on!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 05, 2017, 07:17:34 pm by Alan Southstand »
I'm not sure why we can't shove Tommy into the no. 10 role, just behind Marquis and that would then allow us to focus on getting in a good solid left sided midfielder in January and, hopefully, a proper right back.

Going to a 4 - 4 - 1 - 1 formation would/could see us improve our position in the league. A central 2 of Whiteman and Houghton gives us a solid central midfield and with Blair and the new left midfielder, we have options going forwards and good defensive capability. We have to stop this reliance on Copps and give him a break, or we're going to be without him at a time when we could need his experience the most.

I think Tommy could give us an edge up top, supporting Marquis better, and gives defences a problem that, arguably, they haven't faced yet from us. Just a thought.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 05, 2017, 07:36:18 pm by drfchound »
Alan, before long someone will post that playing with one up front by himself, especially at home, is very negative.
(Even though the front man won’t actually be playing alone up front).

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 05, 2017, 10:40:51 pm by Bessie Red »
For one who said recently, he needs to pull his finger out, credit where credits due, he certainly did that and put his best performance in for a while.

More of the same please Tommy. Rock on!
I started that thread DBR. I just thought I would guage peoples opinions on his performances as I believe he hasnt played to his full potential consistently enough. His performance on Sunday was superb and should be his benchmark for the rest of the season. If he can reproduce that performance more often than not the we will have no worries about relegation as I am sure it will spur on the rest of the squad to play to their full potential.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012