Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:40:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Party Leaflets  (Read 21716 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit Party Leaflets
« Reply #270 on May 25, 2019, 01:56:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
God BB this is exhausting, but I'll try again.

What is it that "Remoaners" (grow up) have stopped from happening?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #271 on May 25, 2019, 04:24:28 pm by wilts rover »
Why do all you moaning wrexiters always forget that you and your sad band of lute players have been unable to enable it instead complaining and crying about everyone else?

Always remember that if you had been able to back up what the public were told at the start which turned out to be lies, you may have persuaded more people to join you, in the end remember it's not us that have stopped you is it?

The Incredible Stringing People Along Band?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #272 on May 25, 2019, 04:28:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well now, THIS wasn't supposed to happen.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PJHeneghan/status/1132242419087491072

The idea was that there's a great dam holding back the millions of frustrated Leavers, and that Nigel was going to lead them to their democratic right.

Turns out there's a direct and very strong correlation between how much each area supported Remain in 2016, and what the turnout was on Thursday.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #273 on May 25, 2019, 06:32:41 pm by Bentley Bullet »

It's not so much what they've done, it's more about what they are trying to do. Some of them are trying to stop Brexit. When challenged about this, the Remoaners claim that they are entitled to demand a revote because Farage said he would have done so under the same circumstances. Strange how suddenly two wrongs make a right! However, the circumstances were completely different.

Farage would have continued to fight for what he believes in, like all politicians worth their salt would. He wouldn't have had the power to stop a losing result, because, with the result of remain being the default position, life would have continued as normal.

Had he been able to stop the result being carried out, and demanded a revote as the sore Remoaners have, he would have been just as undemocratic as they are being, and those who supported him should be equally ashamed of themselves.

Like Prime Minister David Cameron said in RedJ's link, it was a "once in a generation, once in a lifetime" decision, saying the UK had "referendums not Neverendums".

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #274 on May 25, 2019, 06:57:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

I usually find it better to look at what people actually do, rather than project what YOU think an idealised version of them would do.

Farage actually said ON THE DAY OF THE VOTE! when the indications were that Remain had won, that he would be demanding a 2nd vote, because of the Govt leaflet.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #275 on May 25, 2019, 07:20:17 pm by Bentley Bullet »
God, this is exhausting.

.......Aaaaaaaannnnndddddd, why shouldn't he have wanted another vote? It's not like he had the power to stop the result! We would have remained in the EU and everything would have simply continued the status quo!

And if he had suggested the vote be void in favour of a revote, YOU would have laughed your b*llocks off at him for being such an undemocratic, whinging, right-wing Kitson.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #276 on May 25, 2019, 07:31:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Right. So off we go again.

Farage didn't have the power to stop the result but would have been within his rights to campaign for another vote.

Remainers do not have the power to stop the result, but are insulted and abused by you for campaigning for another vote.

Got it now. Thanks.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #277 on May 25, 2019, 07:35:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Paragraph one:

Right.

Paragraph Two:

Wrong.  Remainers shouldn't have the power to stop the result and get a revote, but Remoaners, like you, are determined to get one.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 07:39:14 pm by Bentley Bullet »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #278 on May 25, 2019, 08:04:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yeah well. I preferred it when that act of yours satirising idiotic Leave views was a bit more subtle and nuanced. Your standards are slipping. Now it just sounds childish.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #279 on May 25, 2019, 08:14:34 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Nay lad, just because you can't offer any sound reasoning as to why you think I'm wrong doesn't make me childish, it just means your standards are slipping.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #280 on May 25, 2019, 08:17:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »
......Anyway, I'm off for a pint while there's still beer on the shelves.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #281 on May 25, 2019, 08:23:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You old enough to get served?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #282 on May 25, 2019, 08:31:16 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I wish I had a quid for every time I've been asked that over the years. I never forget my Identity card.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #283 on May 25, 2019, 08:35:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just don't crack a joke or they WILL hoy you out.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #284 on May 25, 2019, 11:47:13 pm by SydneyRover »

It's not so much what they've done, it's more about what they are trying to do. Some of them are trying to stop Brexit. When challenged about this, the Remoaners claim that they are entitled to demand a revote because Farage said he would have done so under the same circumstances. Strange how suddenly two wrongs make a right! However, the circumstances were completely different.

Farage would have continued to fight for what he believes in, like all politicians worth their salt would. He wouldn't have had the power to stop a losing result, because, with the result of remain being the default position, life would have continued as normal.

Had he been able to stop the result being carried out, and demanded a revote as the sore Remoaners have, he would have been just as undemocratic as they are being, and those who supported him should be equally ashamed of themselves.

Like Prime Minister David Cameron said in RedJ's link, it was a "once in a generation, once in a lifetime" decision, saying the UK had "referendums not Neverendums".
Sounds like on your journey to claim the high moral ground BB you've found yourself in the sewage farm, according to you we all have to sit around, play nicely, accept the particular vote wrexiteers want us to and swallow any amount of lies and crap you all care to make and cheer you along with words of encouragement, tally ho, jolly good, that was an excellent rejoinder my man, spiffing argument. What's that stuck on your shoes?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #285 on May 26, 2019, 12:17:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »

This is BB.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #286 on May 26, 2019, 12:47:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012