Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:31:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trump  (Read 32836 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Trump
« Reply #240 on August 20, 2018, 03:36:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You get “trapped” into perjury by lying about something under oath and getting caught lying.

Giuliani is complaining about the possibility of Trump being asked summat that would activate the second part of that sentence. And he’s insisting that Trump has the right of refusing to engage with an enquiry that might result in that outcome.

Stop and think a minute.

There are legal processes in democracies for a good reason. That is that EVERYONE is expected to follow the law or be subjected to the consequences.

What Giuliani is trying to do is to make the case that Trump is above the law and has the right to refuse to engage with a process that may prove his guilt.

That’s what emperors do. It’s what kings do. It’s what dictators do. If the Republican Party tsupports Trump over this (and they have done so far) think of what that actually means about American democracy.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #241 on August 20, 2018, 06:57:19 pm by wilts rover »
It was a bright cold day in April and the clocks were striking thirteen...

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #242 on August 22, 2018, 09:20:38 am by MachoMadness »
Manafort found guilty and Cohen pleads guilty and agrees to co-operate with prosecutors on the same day. Chalk two more people from Trump's inner circle to go down.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #243 on August 22, 2018, 09:36:44 am by RedJ »
Net's tightening. Can only be a matter of time now.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #244 on August 22, 2018, 11:59:48 am by MachoMadness »
You'd think. And that's just based on what's out there in public. Mueller must have access to evidence that'd make your toes curl.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #245 on August 22, 2018, 04:02:23 pm by Filo »
You'd think. And that's just based on what's out there in public. Mueller must have access to evidence that'd make your toes curl.

I'm sure in Donalds world prison isn't prison, so he's no need to continue shitting his pants on a hourly basis

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #246 on September 01, 2018, 10:39:21 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Jesus f**king Christ.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-08-31/president-donald-trump-interviewed-by-bloomberg-news-transcript

It reads like the emergency services talking to an old soak who's been found collapsed on the pavement.

"Sir. We'd just like to get some information from you."

"Yes. I have very strong opinions on that. Some people love it. Some don't. I  I  I  I'm thinking about it and I can't comment. But I can tell you I have very strong opinions on that. I mean. Look at the numbers. Did you see the numbers this week? They changed 41 to 42.
4.0 to 4.1."

It's the rambling of a man whose mind is falling away.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #247 on September 04, 2018, 11:17:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/2018/09/04/transcript-phone-call-between-president-trump-journalist-bob-woodward/?__twitter_impression=true

Sub text. Bob Woodward is the Pulitzer Prize winning journalist whose investigative reporting brought Nixon down over Watergate. He's releasing a book on Trump based on recorded interviews at the White House. He repeatedly asked Trump's aides for meetings with Trump. This is his phone call when he spoke to Trump after the book was published as a courtesy call (because the book paints a picture of utter f**king chaos in the White House, and senior staff questioning Trump's sanity.)

Can anyone read that and not be terrified that this man is in the most powerful position in the world. It's obvious that the aides passed on Woodward's requests to Trump and Trump was terrified of being interviewed by the man who brought Nixon down. But Trump stumbles and lies about it in the phone transcript.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #248 on September 05, 2018, 12:40:54 am by hoolahoop »
Jesus f**king Christ.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-08-31/president-donald-trump-interviewed-by-bloomberg-news-transcript

It reads like the emergency services talking to an old soak who's been found collapsed on the pavement.

"Sir. We'd just like to get some information from you."

"Yes. I have very strong opinions on that. Some people love it. Some don't. I  I  I  I'm thinking about it and I can't comment. But I can tell you I have very strong opinions on that. I mean. Look at the numbers. Did you see the numbers this week? They changed 41 to 42.
4.0 to 4.1."

It's the rambling of a man whose mind is falling away.

Precisely it's exactly that,  the ramblings of a man that knows he's not only been rumbled but also realises that even his great office of State can no longer keep his pursuers at bay for much longer - the game is nearly up. Even his fan base can't save him from the Mueller investigation any longer. He is dead in the water.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 12:43:02 am by hoolahoop »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #249 on September 05, 2018, 11:21:47 am by MachoMadness »
Either Trump is an insecure manchild kept insulated from the world by his aides or he's lying in that transcript. Or, more likely, both.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #250 on September 05, 2018, 12:28:53 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
It's like Judge Judy says, you need a good memory to be a good liar. Trump lies like sheep shit - wildly and at random. And he hasn't go the memory for it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #251 on October 23, 2018, 10:50:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So the Saudi Arabian Royal Family who are bankrolling Trump's son-in-law sent a hit squad to Ankara to murder a journalist who had been critical of them.

Apparently they chopped his fingers off with a bone saw while he was still alive, before dismembering his body. To send a message to others who might want to criticise them.

In ordinary times, the Leader of the Free World might be expected to express revulsion at this.

Trump has spent three weeks playing this down. Then he goes on TV today to say this:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1054834884739502081

Not: State-sponsored torture and murder is abhorrent and we will be taking the strongest possible action against these barbarians.

No. "They had a very bad 'deal' (read - plan to torture and murder an innocent man). They had the worst cover up in history."

This is truly terrifying. This road that we're going down.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #252 on October 24, 2018, 10:21:43 am by wilts rover »
Billy, I am afraid we are already at the end of the road:

'We're getting facts in from multiple places. Once those facts come in, the secretary of state will work with our national security team to help us determine what we want to believe.'

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/10/22/softball-interview-kushner-says-facts-first-then-we-determine-what-we-want-believe

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #253 on October 24, 2018, 12:47:41 pm by MachoMadness »
Seth Abramson has a book coming out soon which I'm very much looking forward to. He's laying out a 6-nation grand bargain between the USA, UAE, Saudis, Russia, Qatar, and Israel. Frightening stuff. These are the power-brokers of the world for the next generation in plain sight, but people don't want to hear it because they'd rather side with despots and murderers than "lefties".

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #254 on November 08, 2018, 02:30:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Not sure if this is hilarious or terrifying.

https://mobile.twitter.com/arlenparsa/status/1060228709850980354

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #255 on November 08, 2018, 02:35:44 pm by drfchound »
Trump appears more and more to be trying to take on the role of a dictator.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 04:53:06 pm by drfchound »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #256 on November 08, 2018, 02:46:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound

It's very simple. He's a criminal. And he will do whatever he can get away with doing, in order to avoid spending the rest of his life in prison. Including going a long way towards destroying American democracy.

Absorb that, and every action he takes makes sense.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #257 on November 08, 2018, 04:54:09 pm by scawsby steve »
Hound

It's very simple. He's a criminal. And he will do whatever he can get away with doing, in order to avoid spending the rest of his life in prison. Including going a long way towards destroying American democracy.

Rightly or wrongly, you'd better get used to it; he'll p*ss it for a second term in 2020; anyone who doubts that is self deluded.

Incidently, would you regard guttersnipe journalists as decent people?.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #258 on November 08, 2018, 05:02:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
1) He won't win in 2020. Look at the detail of Tuesday's results. Regions that he won by 15% in 2016 were neck and neck this week. And he's now in a nightmare situation of having a Congress that can't protect him from investigation. So the extent of his criminality will now be exposed.

2) The role of the press in a democracy should be to help hold Govt to account. So yes, there are some guttersnipe journalists, but they are not the ones that are asking questions of him. They are the ones like Fox News which are deliberately lying to protect him.

3) I'm assuming you're referring to the issue with Jim Acosta. He was certainly confrontational in asking questions about a political advert out out by Trump that was so disgusting even Fox News refused to air it.  But the way in which this is being spin by the White House is obsecene. They are pushing the line that he assaulted an intern. Which he didn't. And that line is being supported by a video which has been deliberately edited to make it look as though he struck the intern. That is an indication of how much the Trump supporters' backs are now against the wall.

You decide which side you are on in days like these.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #259 on November 08, 2018, 05:05:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here you go by the way.

This is the doctored video that the Leader of the Free World is using in order to smear a journalist who has aggressively asked difficult questions.

https://mobile.twitter.com/aymanndotcom/status/1060424768653062149?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-3350345551785004801.ampproject.net%2F1811051833450%2Fframe.html

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #260 on November 08, 2018, 05:27:39 pm by scawsby steve »
1) He won't win in 2020. Look at the detail of Tuesday's results. Regions that he won by 15% in 2016 were neck and neck this week. And he's now in a nightmare situation of having a Congress that can't protect him from investigation. So the extent of his criminality will now be exposed.

2) The role of the press in a democracy should be to help hold Govt to account. So yes, there are some guttersnipe journalists, but they are not the ones that are asking questions of him. They are the ones like Fox News which are deliberately lying to protect him.

3) I'm assuming you're referring to the issue with Jim Acosta. He was certainly confrontational in asking questions about a political advert out out by Trump that was so disgusting even Fox News refused to air it.  But the way in which this is being spin by the White House is obsecene. They are pushing the line that he assaulted an intern. Which he didn't. And that line is being supported by a video which has been deliberately edited to make it look as though he struck the intern. That is an indication of how much the Trump supporters' backs are now against the wall.

You decide which side you are on in days like these.

I'm not on any side; I'm on my own side; all I'm doing is stating facts. To make gains in the Senate in mid-term elections is almost unprecedented, and shocked everyone. This means he can carry on making appointments, which he's wasted no time in doing. It's pretty obvious to everyone why he got rid of Jeff Sessions. The new guy will go straight for Robert Mueller's throat.

Incidently, who will be leading the Democrats in 2020?; when they start talking about the likes of Oprah Winfrey they're getting pretty desperate.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:59:26 pm by scawsby steve »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #261 on November 08, 2018, 05:30:02 pm by Sprotyrover »
Here you go by the way.

This is the doctored video that the Leader of the Free World is using in order to smear a journalist who has aggressively asked difficult questions.

https://mobile.twitter.com/aymanndotcom/status/1060424768653062149?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-3350345551785004801.ampproject.net%2F1811051833450%2Fframe.html

Having asked questions of Politicians  at press conferences I can say that the etiquette is that you get one question and there are usually one or two persons on hand to quickly give you the microphone and quickly take it off you to pass to the next person who has a question ,your question is usually passed to an aide before the conference to prevent any low Ballers!
When the young lady approached him he Should  she have handed her the microphone. What he is doing is using a self defence technique called blocking ,using your arms and body movements to prevent someone from striking you in the extreme to preventing them touching your torso or removing something from your hand,or in your jacket ,say mobile or wallett, in the scenario of a press conference with the Queen, Primeminister, or other dignitary what he has done is totally inappropriate.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #262 on November 08, 2018, 06:22:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Scawsby.

The Senate situation was a very odd one. The majority of the Senate seats up for election were in rock solid Republican areas, including ones which the Democrats had won against the odds a few years previously. The Republicans did about par for the course in winning back a couple of those, but the bigger picture was a very strong swing to the Democrats nationwide. In 2020, there are many more Republican marginal seats up for grabs.

Overall, the results in the House and Senate are pretty much exactky what the polls were predicting, with a swing of something like 8-10% to the Democrats - very big by historical standards. And as I say, that's been in a situation where Trump has had cover from Congress. There will be a wave of stuff coming out now the Democrats hold the House.

The overall picture is that Trump would have to make a very big swing in his direction from here to have any chance in 2020.

Regarding the Democrat's presidential candidate, it won't be Oprah Winfrey! There are several very strong candidates who will be coming to the fore over the next few months.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #263 on November 08, 2018, 06:24:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sproty.

He wasn't using a blocking technique. He had his hand up pointing at Trump, then lowered it and brushed against her arm. The way that is being spin as some sort of assault is insane. And the fact that the WH is pushing a doctored video which attempts to make it look like a violent action is disgraceful.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #264 on November 08, 2018, 06:31:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Actually, this is something that IT experts have been warning is coming. We're getting very close to the point where videos can be forged to make genuinely fake news. This one is an amateurish attempt because it is clear that it's been faked. And still millions of people are believing it because it suits what they want to believe.  But when videos can be faked with no way of telling, we really are in a tough place for truth.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #265 on November 08, 2018, 06:36:38 pm by Sprotyrover »
Sproty.

He wasn't using a blocking technique. He had his hand up pointing at Trump, then lowered it and brushed against her arm. The way that is being spin as some sort of assault is insane. And the fact that the WH is pushing a doctored video which attempts to make it look like a violent action is disgraceful.

Billy pointing is a precursor to punching.why would he need to point at Trump?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #266 on November 08, 2018, 06:41:56 pm by Filo »
Hound

Rightly or wrongly, you'd better get used to it; he'll p*ss it for a second term in 2020; anyone who doubts that is self deluded.

Incidently, would you regard guttersnipe journalists as decent people?.

He’ll probably be in jail in 2020

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #267 on November 08, 2018, 07:15:40 pm by RedJ »
Sproty.

Is it? what a load of b*llocks. So when I'm pointing at a dog to my young nephews that means I'm going to bray f**k out of it I suppose?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #268 on November 08, 2018, 07:50:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sproty.

If that was true, James Harper would have been World welterweight champion.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #269 on November 08, 2018, 07:59:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This is the take home message about Tuesday's vote by the way.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1060517002404659201

As Nate Silver says, you'd need a 6% swing to the Republicans to make the 2020 election balanced. Not out of the question, but you need to factor in that Trump can't hide his criminality now that he's lost the House. So the odds are very much against him being able to make a swing like that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012