Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:00:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 3266 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Christmas
« on December 23, 2017, 05:26:21 pm by dickos1 »
Midtable at Christmas, who would've  thought it

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Christmas
« Reply #1 on December 23, 2017, 05:32:45 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Funny isn't it mid table or 4 points off the drop zone. Get the fine margins right and we will finish top half which I would take.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 23, 2017, 05:35:24 pm by dickos1 »
We need to look up now not down, only one point off the top half and 4 off the top 10

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 23, 2017, 05:40:46 pm by anne honemous »
We need to look up now not down, only one point off the top half and 4 off the top 10

I'd agree with this.

The two things we need to do now is take a minimum of 4/6 points from our festive home games (though we really should be going for the kill and aiming to get 6/6), and also strengthen in January.

We've got to a good position but we can't get complacent - we have to recruit properly in January!

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 23, 2017, 05:41:57 pm by Prez »
Big praise for todays win, the table looks a lot more healthier after the win. Merry xmas everyone.  :scarf:

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 23, 2017, 05:52:54 pm by i_ateallthepies »
A great relief to get the win today... but!  Doubtless I'll get slated for this but perhaps this is not the best time for a brief spike in form.  We all know what happened last time we went into the January window needing to strengthen.  We didn't and then what happened?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 23, 2017, 06:26:44 pm by roversdude »
No doubt we will be missing an ELF today

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 23, 2017, 06:39:12 pm by graingrover »
No doubt we will be missing an ELF today
Yep gone for a bowl of gruel !

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 23, 2017, 06:44:33 pm by dickos1 »
I think we will be missing a few

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 23, 2017, 08:32:59 pm by Surrey Rover »
A great relief to get the win today... but!  Doubtless I'll get slated for this but perhaps this is not the best time for a brief spike in form.  We all know what happened last time we went into the January window needing to strengthen.  We didn't and then what happened?

Good point but today we did something we didn't do that season and that was win ugly. In fact it was a dreadful match but no complaints from me, sometimes you just have to grind out wins like today. A poor surface and a swirling wind didn't help but that ground can be an intimidating place with the crowd behind them but who never got going thanks to the resolute defending that restricted the home side to very few opportunities.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 23, 2017, 09:14:37 pm by drfchound »
Great to get the win and to move up to 14th but it shouldn’t go unnoticed that we are still only 4 points out of the drop zone.
The difference between tenth and fourth bottom is only six points so we are a long way from out of the woods, however you dress it up.
A couple of wins from the next three matches will make me feel more confident that we can look up rather than down.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 23, 2017, 09:18:49 pm by IDM »
4 points but also 7 places above the zone..  Yes it is only halfway through the season, but we have to be worse than those 7 to end up in the drop zone.

Regardless, its all about points, 3 next game please!!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 23, 2017, 09:42:45 pm by RedJ »
We did well to fashion the penalty move and Mason took it well.

I don't think we looked like scoring apart from one or two other moments, but then we didn't look like losing either. I'm not convinced on the goal as I was't close enough to the goal line to know.

A good 3 points that I didn't expect all in all.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 23, 2017, 09:50:22 pm by dickos1 »
Great to get the win and to move up to 14th but it shouldn’t go unnoticed that we are still only 4 points out of the drop zone.
The difference between tenth and fourth bottom is only six points so we are a long way from out of the woods, however you dress it up.
A couple of wins from the next three matches will make me feel more confident that we can look up rather than down.

This goes back to what we spoke about last week, were 4 points off relegation and now only 4 points off the top ten and one point off the top half.

When does it get to the stage when people start being more positive

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 23, 2017, 10:09:36 pm by RoversAlias »
Happy with the win today and agree we need to start looking up. Get a couple of wins in the next week and suddenly we may be well clear if the drop zone.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 23, 2017, 10:49:27 pm by esdailles left foot »
Good win today, although still not from open play. Fortunately I’m not blinded by shortsightedness. Ferguson out!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 23, 2017, 10:54:16 pm by dickos1 »
Good win today, although still not from open play. Fortunately I’m not blinded by shortsightedness. Ferguson out!

😂😂😂😂😂
Where did you think we'd finish this season

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 23, 2017, 11:01:05 pm by esdailles left foot »
What I didn’t expect in the 3rd season is to be in exactly the same position we were in when he originally came, despite SIGNIFICANT ( so we’re told ) investment during his tenure.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 23, 2017, 11:02:16 pm by esdailles left foot »
Dickos you really are a coq aren’t you ?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 23, 2017, 11:06:30 pm by dickos1 »
Didn't ask you that,
In august where did you hope to finish this season?

I don't know what a coq is love

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 23, 2017, 11:33:57 pm by esdailles left foot »
Don't play games with me just because of today's result. We're struggling in a poor league and I shall have my say at the end of the season. Goodbye

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 23, 2017, 11:35:59 pm by dickos1 »
Struggling??
We're 1 point of the top half

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 24, 2017, 06:11:16 am by balbyrover »

No pleasing some. A win is a win. I have been as frustrated as anybody I dare say this season with the form and I'm still not convinced by DF but 3 points is all that matters.

If we could somehow win the next couple then we start to look up rather than down.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 24, 2017, 08:45:14 am by IDM »

« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 08:47:19 am by IDM »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 24, 2017, 10:35:42 am by idler »

This goes back to what we spoke about last week, were 4 points off relegation and now only 4 points off the top ten and one point off the top half.

When does it get to the stage when people start being more positive
Table wise I think that we are where we deserve to be. The side doesn't look balanced enough for me to expect a play off place so far. We have lost concentration in games costing us silly points which remains a worry.
Like driving you concentrate on what's in front of you but still look in your rear view mirror at what is coming up behind. Another couple of wins and we shouldn't need to look over our shoulder as much. A couple of experienced players in the right positions in January and optimism and positivity in the fans could soar.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012