Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 04:36:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kongolo  (Read 6607 times)

rich1471

• Forum Member
Kongolo
« on January 06, 2018, 05:09:21 pm by rich1471 »
Was the best player today by a mile showed why he will be a great player in 2 or 3 years time never stopped runing

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Kongolo
« Reply #1 on January 06, 2018, 05:12:13 pm by Filo »
Had a great game today, more of the same Rodney

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 06, 2018, 05:13:09 pm by northern soul »
Best game for its I've seen him have. BUT needs it to continue.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 06, 2018, 05:22:58 pm by Scooter »
Definitely MoM. Great performance

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 06, 2018, 05:25:02 pm by mushRTID »
How didn’t he get MOTM, unbelievable.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 06, 2018, 05:28:39 pm by goalkick »
Tommy Rowe played very well also.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 06, 2018, 05:43:06 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Was the best player today by a mile showed why he will be a great player in 2 or 3 years time never stopped runing

it sounds stupid saying he played better because his "Monegasque"  brother was nearby  - but probably true -- of course they won't go clubbing it together etc -- 

salisburyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 06, 2018, 05:49:07 pm by salisburyrover »
He had a great game but the only thing lacking was the final ball. I suppose this will come with time and experience but we need that end product now. Not taking anything away from him great work today but need something at the end of his good runs.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 06, 2018, 05:50:04 pm by bobbymax »
Terrific today and even got back to defend. Rowe was also excellent, Baudry got bullied a bit by that lump Andrew (Wright would probably have done better) and Mason showed again that he isn't a left-back.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:55 pm by knockers »
That's not really Masons fault though is it. The lads been playing great on the right so why not leave him. Also Garrett should have played left to continue a run of games as he'll only get better with game time.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 06, 2018, 06:01:07 pm by adamtherover »
Good running, but zero final ball and wont shoot when its easier to pass to someone in a worse position..

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 06, 2018, 06:05:13 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I find it bizarre changing defence to shoe horn Matty in at right back when we were doing well, Matty is a good player but not at right back. Stuff like this does irritate me about DF just over complicating things for the sake of it

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 06, 2018, 06:06:46 pm by dickos1 »
It's the same as monday though, which I thought was up there with our best performance of the season

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 06, 2018, 06:09:15 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Rodney showed some sublime first touches with difficult balls played up to him and numerous times he went past the defender but my God!! he has no end product.  Shat himself late in the game when he broke inside and didn't have a clue what to do next so just gave it to the two defenders standing on the edge of the box waiting for him.  His legs work far too fast for his brain.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 06, 2018, 06:10:06 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
No doubt he was superb. Keeps that up and no chance of Whiteman being missed.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 06, 2018, 06:12:36 pm by since-1969 »
That's not really Masons fault though is it. The lads been playing great on the right so why not leave him. Also Garrett should have played left to continue a run of games as he'll only get better with game time.
Mason was s*** today ,no left foot , got cought too many times , gave away free kicks , one lead to their goal . The teams deficiencies were there to be seen today , no left back , no left side to our game , no height up front , no ideas on how to draw defenders out of their comfort zone and get behind them .

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 06, 2018, 06:13:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We saw much more of what he's capable of today. Even some defensive attributes. Hopefully that performance will give him some confidence and let's face it Rodney, you might as well have a pop at goal because nobody else will.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 06, 2018, 06:43:21 pm by RoversAlias »
Kongolo was excellent today, my MOTM by a distance. Give him a license to run on the right hand side and he can be very effective.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 06, 2018, 07:21:24 pm by ravenrover »
Mason was s*** today ,no left foot , got cought too many times , gave away free kicks , one lead to their goal . The teams deficiencies were there to be seen today , no left back , no left side to our game , no height up front , no ideas on how to draw defenders out of their comfort zone and get behind them .
to be fair to Mason the winger went down at every opportunity however he also beat Mason at ease as he did Tyler last week. But faded in the 2nd half as he did the last game.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 06, 2018, 07:27:33 pm by graingrover »
So Man City , Dutch FA , and DF ARE  right to consider this young man as a good prospect then ! I thought so too tbh!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 06, 2018, 07:34:21 pm by DonnyOsmond »
So Man City , Dutch FA , and DF ARE  right to consider this young man as a good prospect then ! I thought so too tbh!

There's a difference between a prospect and being right ready now for League One.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 06, 2018, 07:37:25 pm by steve@dcfd »
Tommy Rowe played very well also.

Yes he did but missed a sitter he should have scored.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 06, 2018, 07:40:03 pm by Retdon1 »
I've been a big critic of kongolo all season but today he was excellent. Hopefully he can keep this level of performance up from now on.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 06, 2018, 07:42:52 pm by aidanstu »
I thought Kongolo was excellent today but seems to lack of confidence in the final third. That will come and he clearly has the ability.

I felt for Mason today, he had a poor first half and you could visibly see his confidence go with his body language when things were not going his way and the morons in the crowd turned in him despite some very good recent performances. Credit to him though he gave his head a shake and had a better second half.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 06, 2018, 08:00:02 pm by chrisd_123 »
I may be proven wrong here but Kongolo imo just needs more 90 minutes'.

He's been good in spells and today was fantastic but even towards the end of today he tired. The issue he has had is he'd never had a real run in the side as DF's first choice was Houghton/Whiteman/Rowe and then the rotation on the right of Blair/Copps/Kongolo and even Beestin recently.

He seems like a player who struggles if he doesn't get consistency in games.

Given a run of starts and full games, he's clearly got something and could be a big asset. More starts means he can continue gaining the match fitness to finish games strongly.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 06, 2018, 08:08:54 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Thing is until today performances haven't really warranted a run of games but he's earnt the shirt for next week so hopefully he gets it now

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 06, 2018, 08:40:09 pm by chrisd_123 »
Thing is until today performances haven't really warranted a run of games but he's earnt the shirt for next week so hopefully he gets it now

Yeah I agree he's been hit and miss but I suppose that's the catch 22 with young players. Hopefully he'll kick on now and in 5/6 games time he'll be the mainstay.

The frustrating thing about him I suppose is that he's clearly got talent unlike some players we've had in the past that have somehow warranted more chances.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 06, 2018, 08:44:37 pm by adamtherover »

The same whiteman that shoots on sight and usually scores,  vesus dave who runs v fast till he hits a dedender? 

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 06, 2018, 09:42:32 pm by donny dave »

The same whiteman that shoots on sight and usually scores,  vesus dave who runs v fast till he hits a dedender? 
For god's sake he is 19 or 20 in a foreign country give the guy credit when he deserves it.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 06, 2018, 09:44:45 pm by donny dave »
As you can guess I like him he WILL prove the doubters wrong.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012