Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:55:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kongolo  (Read 6571 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Kongolo
« Reply #30 on January 06, 2018, 10:01:53 pm by Campsall rover »
Some of the comments on here are beyond belief just because we lost a football match.
Would anybody even contemplate criticising Rodney if we had won today. I doubt it very much.
He is 20 and learning about the demands of professional football at league 1 level. He needs a run in the team now to develop further.
I admit i have been very critical of him during the season, especially when he is without the ball.
Today he proved he has considerable ability and vision and with growing confidence and belief in himself he can become a very good player indeed.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 06, 2018, 10:12:47 pm by Alan Southstand »
Shame the rest of them didn't help one bit. Our midfield must be one of, if not the, worst in the division. There is no way, much like Alfie May, should be anywhere near the first team yet, but there he was today trying his best but was quite literally a boy against men.

For goodness sake, we need some experience in the right places and with some physicality about them. Plymouth will be rubbing their hands together!

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 06, 2018, 10:17:17 pm by chrisd_123 »
Shame the rest of them didn't help one bit. Our midfield must be one of, if not the, worst in the division. There is no way, much like Alfie May, should be anywhere near the first team yet, but there he was today trying his best but was quite literally a boy against men.

For goodness sake, we need some experience in the right places and with some physicality about them. Plymouth will be rubbing their hands together!

This is a joke, right?

Worst midfield in the division? We're hardly Barcelona and weren't at it today but that is one hell of a statement. I bet if you offered Houghton and Rowe to 99% of teams in this division they'd take them in their starting 11. We're not going to win the league but come on, that statement is laughable. Nowhere near the worst in this division.

And yes, May wasn't great today but 8 days ago he played against the same opposition and scored did he not?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 06, 2018, 10:18:38 pm by dickos1 »

You're coming out with an awful lot of nonsense tonight

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 06, 2018, 10:33:33 pm by GazLaz »
Houghton and Rowe are two of the best in the division, add in Copps... not useless.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 06, 2018, 10:57:42 pm by Campsall rover »
On Monday eve all was rosy, tonight well do I need to say anything.
Why when we win the team are brilliant and DF should be knighted and when we lose a match the team are rubbish and  DF should be sacked.
That’s what it is like on this forum. Why can’t a bit of perspective on preceedings be given in some of the posts.
I have never heard so much rubbish spouted on here for quite some time.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 06, 2018, 10:59:44 pm by RoversAlias »
On Monday eve all was rosy, tonight well do I need to say anything.
Why when we win the team are brilliant and DF should be knighted and when we lose a match the team are rubbish and  DF should be sacked.
That’s what it is like on this forum. Why can’t a bit of perspective on preceedings be given in some of the posts.
I have never heard so much rubbish spouted on here for quite some time.

It is so hot and cold, and I agree it is as bad as it's been in a long time. I've tried to only come on for two short spells tonight because it's just not worth it. Some sections of our fanbase I fear will never be satisfied with this hobby of theirs.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 06, 2018, 11:54:53 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
All season long I’ve described Kongolo as having another gear that he just never gets into and today finally he got into it, needs to keep at it now and maybe get some shooting practice in training and he could be very useful in the run in

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 07, 2018, 08:03:11 am by Bezza »
Enjoyed Kongolo`s performance big improvement, but up front and left back sadly lacking.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 07, 2018, 09:10:38 am by Campsall rover »
Not Mason’s fault though as he has been great at right back in the last few matches. That is position. Up front we are lacking in the goal scoring department that is without question.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 07, 2018, 09:41:57 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
DFs got a problem getting the balance right accommodating Mason Blair and Kongolo. Mason has been good recently and trusts his defensive capabilities over Garratt. A pity Mason had a poor game and his limitations on the left were too obvious. Mind you Rowe didn't help him much in the first half while Blair and Kongolo worked quite well in tandem on the right.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 07, 2018, 10:02:01 am by dickos1 »
Not Mason’s fault though as he has been great at right back in the last few matches. That is position. Up front we are lacking in the goal scoring department that is without question.

He played well at left back on Monday against probably the leagues best player

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 07, 2018, 10:09:42 am by Super Colin Cramb »
By far Kongolo’s best performance, some of his first touches were awesome. I thought in the second half Kongolo and Matty played well together and matty beat there full back a few times and delivered some crosses into the box. With Kongolo tracking back gave Matty the confidence to go further forward.

Kongolo now needs a run in the team and thinks like final ball and shooting will improve.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 07, 2018, 10:56:26 am by phil old leake »
Kongolo best performance by any player this season.  Outstanding
Let’s just get a player in who can score

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 07, 2018, 11:09:07 am by The Red Baron »
Kongolo best performance by any player this season.  Outstanding
Let’s just get a player in who can score

I wouldn't go that far, but he was our best player yesterday and it is easily the best game he's had for us. Still needs better decision making when he gets around the box.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 07, 2018, 02:23:18 pm by JonWallsend »

He played well at left back on Monday against probably the leagues best player

Yes but he was playing against a left footer in Maddison. Fergie said after it had been a deliberate ploy to counteract Maddison's left foot with Mason's right. The lad from Rochdale kept going outside him.

I just think yesterday was an off day from Mason. He can do a job at left back, he was vastly improved in second half. Too many times in first half his touch let him down and he didn't have easy passes around him and without the option to just shape one down the line in behind the full back, which is all Rochdale tried to do down both flanks, he became devoid of any confidence.

Think Rowe got in better positions in second half which made Mason's life a lot easier.

As I said just an off day
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 06:54:06 pm by JonWallsend »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 07, 2018, 05:36:02 pm by drfchound »
As has been said earlier, Blair had Kongolo helping him out.
Mason didn’t get the same from Rowe, especially in the first half.

I agree that Niall wasn’t at his best yesterday but he clearly isn’t a left sided player but he was asked to play there.

It says a lot about what the manager thinks about his other left back options.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012