Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 03:41:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers for a late run into the playoffs?  (Read 40324 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: Rovers for a late run into the playoffs?
« Reply #120 on January 07, 2018, 05:41:53 pm by Dare to dream! »
Do you not fancy management Macca?

100%. I will be taking my remaining badges in the future and will definitely become a manager.

Execellent, good luck! Thanks for all the memories, it was a joy to watch you play!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on January 07, 2018, 05:46:22 pm by Michael McIndoe »
Totally 100% good guy

Smashing to see you on here catching up with the fans

Also, the book is a terrific and good to follow MM on twitter

Top man Philsky!  :scarf: What are your thoughts on Saturday's game against Plymouth?

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on January 07, 2018, 05:51:12 pm by Michael McIndoe »
Do you not fancy management Macca?

100%. I will be taking my remaining badges in the future and will definitely become a manager.

Execellent, good luck! Thanks for all the memories, it was a joy to watch you play!

Thank you. I'd love to come back and manage the Rovers one day!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on January 07, 2018, 05:52:28 pm by Copps is Magic »
Is there any firm confirmation this is actually Maccaa?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on January 07, 2018, 05:55:20 pm by dickos1 »
Can’t believe I am seeing some of these disgraceful ripostes aimed at Macca. If it really is him and we have no reason not to believe it then don’t we owe him the courtesy of asking football related questions only. Anything else has nothing to do with us does it?

I agree, pathetic some of these abusive and sarcastic posts
Pleased we can agree on something Dickos. Can we be at peace with each other from now on.
I can’t do with this verbal agro. Life is too short.

Yes mate, of course.

Michael McIndoe

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on January 07, 2018, 05:56:33 pm by Michael McIndoe »
Is there any firm confirmation this is actually Maccaa?

It's definitely me. Check my Twitter @michaelmcindoe

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on January 07, 2018, 05:56:41 pm by Campsall rover »
Can’t believe I am seeing some of these disgraceful ripostes aimed at Macca. If it really is him and we have no reason not to believe it then don’t we owe him the courtesy of asking football related questions only. Anything else has nothing to do with us does it?

I agree, pathetic some of these abusive and sarcastic posts
Pleased we can agree on something Dickos. Can we be at peace with each other from now on.
I can’t do with this verbal agro. Life is too short.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on January 07, 2018, 06:03:41 pm by donnievic »
Just read your book in 2 days,don’t think I have read a peter and Jane book in that short space of time.fasinating read whether people belief it all or not it’s up to them!!!!one question I have is any reason you didn’t or can’t name the Man City player???

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on January 07, 2018, 06:08:23 pm by Chris Black come back »
What did you think Michael when you looked over and touchline in extra time vs Arsenal with us 2-1 up and saw Sam Oji being brought on?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on January 07, 2018, 06:15:55 pm by Lesonthewest »
Michael, do you remember the 2-1 away victory at Mansfield, a lot of supporters, me included thought that was the defining moment when we believed promotion was coming our way, did you & the players feel the same or was it just another 3 points on the board, thanks.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on January 07, 2018, 06:16:08 pm by johnny rovers »
Was wondering Macca, did you watch the playoff final against Leeds in 2008?

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on January 07, 2018, 06:19:01 pm by Mike_F »
The jury’s out on Darren Ferguson. Any views on him?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on January 07, 2018, 06:26:31 pm by mushRTID »
Michael, do you remember the 2-1 away victory at Mansfield, a lot of supporters, me included thought that was the defining moment when we believed promotion was coming our way, did you & the players feel the same or was it just another 3 points on the board, thanks.

Still my favourite away game. Macca and Blundell were brilliant.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on January 07, 2018, 06:37:00 pm by Lesonthewest »

Still my favourite away game. Macca and Blundell were brilliant.

Absolutely, Macca ran them ragged, & they couldn't handle Gregg, great day

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on January 07, 2018, 06:40:00 pm by IDM »
Question for Macca...

As a player, did you look at forums and social media, and did you get affected by the comments?  And your team mates too?

I notice that there is always exaggeration and hyperbole, including on here - lose a game and the players are shit and the manager needs to be sacked - win, and the play offs become a minimum target...

John Sitton legend

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on January 07, 2018, 06:48:17 pm by John Sitton legend »
Macca you inspired this Englishman to wear a Scotland shirt with McIndoe emblazoned on the back for several foreign holidays. Pleasure to watch you Sir.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on January 07, 2018, 06:51:01 pm by anne honemous »
Anne leave it alone. You are out of order.
It takes some guts doesn’t it to come on here after all the bad publicity Macca received in the media. Let’s face it we do not know all the facts. Do you? Give it a rest please.

It's a valid question.

I'm also still waiting for an answer with the other one.

If he can do soft talk (e.g. what is your favourite memory) then he should be able to do the hard talk questions as well.

He did have the opportunity to do this on a live segment of BBC West Midlands radio back in October, but that fell by the wayside as well.

Has he also given reasons why he was so upset about one particular issue of the fanzine yet?

I can't even take you seriously. It's funny because I did the BBC West Midlands interview. It aired around 16:35pm on 16 October 2017 with Richard Wilford while sat in the BBC Bristol studio. It was one of several I did that day.

You're a blatant liar and you're not worth talking to.

My apology - I've got crossed wires. You did do an interview which was aired on BBC West Midlands on 16th October.

The following day, however, you also pulled out of a live interview on BBC Radio 5 Live which was scheduled for 10am. Other footballers had done pre-recorded stuff, were going to call or text in, and questions were going to be put to you.

Why did you pull out of this?

And why do you still refuse to answer the question of whether you're going to pay people back? Or why you threw your toys out of the pram when there was an article in the fanzine which you didn't like.

Over to you, Michael...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on January 07, 2018, 07:00:57 pm by Filo »
Micheal, did you as a player ever look on fans forums to see what the fans thought?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on January 07, 2018, 07:03:12 pm by GazLaz »
The 0-4 hiding your Yeovil side gave us at BV in the Confrence promotion year was a football masterclass. I’d never seen anything like it at that level before.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on January 07, 2018, 07:25:15 pm by tommy toes »
Been out all day so have only just discovered this thread.
No questions but I'd just like to add to what others have said.
Michael you were in the top 5 players I've seen in the hoops and I've been watching Donny for 50+ years.
As Jonathan posted, your contribution in promoting the Rovers by your electric perfomances galvanised the fans and brought many new young uns to the club, many of whom are still here.
So thanks for pulling on the hoops and good luck for the future.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on January 07, 2018, 07:36:20 pm by donnievic »
The 0-4 hiding your Yeovil side gave us at BV in the Confrence promotion year was a football masterclass. I’d never seen anything like it at that level before.
on another note on that game what was your thoughts after the quick thinking free kick goal?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on January 07, 2018, 08:12:25 pm by MachoMadness »

I remember that game well. I believe it was Macca who scored that farcical free kick past poor Andy Warrington was it not? We were the 2nd best team in that league and that Yeovil side was so far ahead of us it wasn't even funny. That free kick just summed up the gulf in class and footballing nous.

No idea if this is in the book or not, but did you ever mend ways with Dave Penney? Personal feelings aside do you think he got the best out of you as a player, and the rest of the squad?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on January 07, 2018, 08:28:39 pm by donnievic »
Yeah even after they already won league and still to turn up like they did turn us over god style,nothing was mention about the free kick in the book and wasn’t sure if it was macca that took it of Andy to take it and give to Way to score

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on January 07, 2018, 08:36:06 pm by Drover »
Anne leave it alone. You are out of order.
It takes some guts doesn’t it to come on here after all the bad publicity Macca received in the media. Let’s face it we do not know all the facts. Do you? Give it a rest please.

It's a valid question.

I'm also still waiting for an answer with the other one.

If he can do soft talk (e.g. what is your favourite memory) then he should be able to do the hard talk questions as well.

He did have the opportunity to do this on a live segment of BBC West Midlands radio back in October, but that fell by the wayside as well.

Has he also given reasons why he was so upset about one particular issue of the fanzine yet?

I can't even take you seriously. It's funny because I did the BBC West Midlands interview. It aired around 16:35pm on 16 October 2017 with Richard Wilford while sat in the BBC Bristol studio. It was one of several I did that day.

You're a blatant liar and you're not worth talking to.

My apology - I've got crossed wires. You did do an interview which was aired on BBC West Midlands on 16th October.

The following day, however, you also pulled out of a live interview on BBC Radio 5 Live which was scheduled for 10am. Other footballers had done pre-recorded stuff, were going to call or text in, and questions were going to be put to you.

Why did you pull out of this?

And why do you still refuse to answer the question of whether you're going to pay people back? Or why you threw your toys out of the pram when there was an article in the fanzine which you didn't like.

Over to you, Michael...

Anne,Do you have any proof of knowing the Wolves YTS's you claim,I have a feeling you don't know any,and are just saying it to back up your argument?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 08:40:05 pm by Drover »

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on January 07, 2018, 08:44:50 pm by Jonathan »
I’m sure McIndoe has had worse to deal with than a few anonymous pseudonyms throwing out jibes on an internet forum.

Assuming this is the real Michael McIndoe, I think it’s great to see this kind of interaction with the fans. And anyone that didn’t appreciate him when he played football for us really needs to give themself a shake.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on January 07, 2018, 08:55:35 pm by selby »
  To be honest this guy is someone I never saw have a bad game for The Rovers, Mr consistency, and he sprinkled the good games with more than a few brilliant games.
   I have not seen many players dominate a premiership side all the game like he did to Arsenal, that was one of the best performances by a Rovers player I have ever seen considering the opposition.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on January 07, 2018, 08:56:27 pm by Drover »
Hi Macca,If I wrote everything I'd like to write to you,Nobody would read through it all,It would be 3 thread pages long,99% complimentary.So I will keep it short,as Im lazy.You was a BIG,big part in mine and my families enjoyment in your time with us.Many,many fond memories,home and away.I'd like to ask you about the Penalty at BV and Greg was going to take it and you had a chat with him and seemed to have a hot discussion and then you took it.I don't think DP was happy about it,I'd like to ask what you and Greg said to each other?I heard at the time from a good work friend of mine,that I believe you knew/know through family,why it happened,but I understand it was not wise to publicise it at the time.Maybe it's alright now?Maybe you can confirm what I was told was right?If you prefer not to say publicly,you can PM,I've not said anything all these years and will not if you prefer.
P.s. all the women/girls I knew at Rovers,all seemed to have a crush on you,except my wife,she's had/got the hots for Copps  :blush: LOL.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 09:56:31 pm by Drover »

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on January 07, 2018, 09:05:41 pm by Drover »
  To be honest this guy is someone I never saw have a bad game for The Rovers, Mr consistency, and he sprinkled the good games with more than a few brilliant games.
   I have not seen many players dominate a premiership side all the game like he did to Arsenal, that was one of the best performances by a Rovers player I have ever seen considering the opposition.

Agreed Selby.I can only ever remember one defender keeping Macca quiet and that was a young right back playing for Tranmere against us at BV,Ryan Taylor,I thought at the time,he was the best opposition player I had seen all season,and wished we could sign him,I was not surprised when he went to Premier league with Wigan then Newcastle.Whats your thoughts on that Macca?Was Ryan Taylor one of the best you came across while with us?

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on January 07, 2018, 09:13:40 pm by anne honemous »
Drover, if you want to doubt me that's absolutely fine.

Nevertheless, these lads looked up to him and were young and impressionable, and it cost them a lot of money.

Michael definitely knows who I'm on about (and this is absolutely Michael McIndoe posting for anyone who has doubts) as he's been pressed for answers at numerous points over the last 5 years but he always hides away from the subject.

He also won't get back into football because nobody in football wants him anymore.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 09:16:18 pm by anne honemous »

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on January 07, 2018, 09:16:51 pm by Drover »
Drover, if you want to doubt me that's absolutely fine.

Nevertheless, these lads looked up to him and were young and impressionable, and it cost them a lot of money.

Michael definitely knows who I'm on about (and this is absolutely Michael McIndoe posting for anyone who has doubts) as he's been pressed for answers at numerous points over the last 5 years but he always hides away from the subject.

He also won't get back into football because nobody in football wants him anymore.
So you have no proof?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012