Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:37:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets talk about the Plymouth game  (Read 8766 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Lets talk about the Plymouth game
« Reply #60 on January 13, 2018, 09:06:04 pm by selby »
  Well, another fixture when the main talking point is the officials, and another two points lost,or is it one gained?
  The old chestnut of a game of two halves, one we dominate, the second, one where we very nearly mess up completely.
  The refused penalty first, if you go through all the posts on this board, you will be hard pushed to find anyone saying it was not a certain penalty, except the man that mattered the referee. It just shows how Wolfie is so brilliant at pointing out that certain referees should never have taken the job up,before a ball was kicked.
 Was Fergie as culpable changing the team,and with who? I think he was. he has a habit of of bringing players on,as well as changing the positions of players on the field, very rarely does up to 4 changes work, not only have you got two "cold" players trying to find their feet, but 2 trying to get into the game in different positions. Unless you go down a goal in the last few minutes I would stagger substitutions by four or five minutes, just my preference,as over the years I have not  seen multiple subs work very often.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 13, 2018, 09:57:36 pm by RoversAlias »
Agree with pretty much all of that Selby. I believe it is a decent point and it was my predicted score before the game, but the circumstances of their goal and our not-given penalty leave a sour taste.

Haxey-Hood-DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on January 13, 2018, 10:18:00 pm by Haxey-Hood-DRFC »
A draw was a fair result, despite the foul on Andy before the goal and the flooring of Copps. We were good value in the first half, but I thought they bossed most of the second. Fergie was spot on with his post-match analysis regarding officials, Alfie May and JM. And I’m not going to blame him for shooting from the hip. Sometimes passion gets the best of you, and I’m sure he was talking metaphorically rather than loading a 12 bore. I’m sick of all this tippy toes pc world. No harm meant. Lots of truth spoken.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012