Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:31:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leeds united legends night at the keepmoat  (Read 18322 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Leeds united legends night at the keepmoat
« Reply #120 on January 25, 2018, 11:40:46 am by DonnyOsmond »
but Leeds were, at one point, the big rivals to Man U, and Man U fans would have felt the same way back then. We have never been big rivals to Leeds.

But right now? You shouldn't promote any other club in your own town IMO. Its like the Leeds stuff in HMV aswell. If there's opportunities there's always gonna be a chance kids choose them over us.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on January 25, 2018, 12:20:43 pm by Campsall rover »
I really don’t see all what all the fuss is about. This event is NOT going to influence the present or next generation of Doncaster football supporters.
Doncaster has got Leeds, Sheffield Wed, Sheffield Utd, Man Utd, Liverpool, and other Clubs supporters living in the Borough.
But not as many as there were 15/20/30/40 or even 50 years ago.
DRFC is in the strongest position overall ( not talking about league position ) than it has probably ever been in its history.
A proper well respected and well run football club that cares about its local community.
This obsession with Leeds and their supporters Is quite frankly imo
pathetic, sad, and totally ridiculous.
DRFC has its own identity so let’s concentrate on DRFC.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on January 25, 2018, 12:34:01 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I dont think its an obsession with Leeds. We'd be pissed off if it was Wednesday, Blades, Hull, any club...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:42:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on January 25, 2018, 12:40:42 pm by IDM »
Would we?

I might not be too enamoured if it was Scunthorpe or Rotherham, but generally I'd just get on wiht my life an dnot worry about it!

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on January 25, 2018, 01:07:24 pm by wesisback »
I'm not sure I'd be as fussed if it was Hull, nor do I think the event would be held if it was Hull. It's because there is so many Leeds fans in Doncaster that it's being held and also the reason I'm dismayed its being held at our ground.
I'm also consistent that I won't shop in a HMV (not that anyone does anymore) due to their Leeds section that once resided in their Doncaster shop.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on January 25, 2018, 01:12:21 pm by anne honemous »
I'm not sure I'd be as fussed if it was Hull, nor do I think the event would be held if it was Hull. It's because there is so many Leeds fans in Doncaster that it's being held and also the reason I'm dismayed its being held at our ground.
I'm also consistent that I won't shop in a HMV (not that anyone does anymore) due to their Leeds section that once resided in their Doncaster shop.

How about this then, if you've got such a bee in your bonnet about it.

Ring the geezer who has organised it and buy all the tickets - that way only a few Leeds fans get to see it (assuming some have bought tickets already) and the event is, errr, a bit crap.

Or alternatively, continue to moan about it....

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on January 25, 2018, 01:15:38 pm by RedJ »
You're clearly not a buyer as a profession then. Buy them all up and sell above face value if you've any sense. :laugh:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on January 25, 2018, 01:35:10 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I dont think its an obsession with Leeds. We'd be pissed off if it was Wednesday, Blades, Hull, any club...

Don't include me in that 'we'. I couldn't give a shit about it myself, but I wish them well in raising as much money for charity as possible.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on January 25, 2018, 01:39:16 pm by wesisback »

How about this then, if you've got such a bee in your bonnet about it.

Ring the geezer who has organised it and buy all the tickets - that way only a few Leeds fans get to see it (assuming some have bought tickets already) and the event is, errr, a bit crap.

Or alternatively, continue to moan about it....
I'm not responsible for the club/Centreplate/organisers lack of judgement.
I also reserve my right to moan about said lack of judgement.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on January 25, 2018, 02:23:39 pm by RoversAlias »

This is a bit much, isn't it? I worked at HMV at the time that stuff was sold and it was because the manager was a Leeds fan, and sadly enough the garb sold which justified him putting it in the store. That just made me dislike the "Donny Whites" more for it being justified rather than put me off the shop due to a small bit of business savvy.

I don't believe they have sold Leeds merch since management changed anyway.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on January 25, 2018, 02:33:29 pm by Iberian Red »
According to the Club Doncaster spokesman they 'have given rights to sell conference facilities at the stadium, in return for this right, Centerplate provide the club with a revenue stream, all of which is contribution to club running costs, including the first team.'
That's all fine and dandy but does that mean we have no veto on any event held then?
For instance what if the EDL or any other such organisation wants to hold a rally there?
If that is the case, and we have sold away our rights to decide what events are held at the stadium, perhaps Club Doncaster could tell us just how much we are getting for this deal...and how much exactly is going to the first team?   

It's not the EDL though is it?

It's a fundraiser for a childrens hospice.  The money raised goes to help support sick children.  if you think some overly sensitive middle aged mens embarrassment is more important than helping kids in need then you are flat out wrong!

I think a better question would be the one about your motives.  you have regularly attacked the Club Doncaster concept in the past as well as the people who have implemented it.  So why are you so bothered?

I'm flattered that you appear to pay close attention to my posts.
The problem is, you seem to have misread them.
I don't recall 'regularly attacking' the Club Doncaster concept at all, or the people who have implemented it.
What I would like to see is greater transparency when it comes to CD.

Good to see someone taking the moral high ground.
However I seem to remember you didn't give a flying feck about it when we had aborted takeovers. Hmm, could that be a little bit of hypocrisy?

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on January 25, 2018, 02:54:03 pm by wesisback »

This is a bit much, isn't it? I worked at HMV at the time that stuff was sold and it was because the manager was a Leeds fan, and sadly enough the garb sold which justified him putting it in the store. That just made me dislike the "Donny Whites" more for it being justified rather than put me off the shop due to a small bit of business savvy.

Every business takes a conscientious decision which may bring in certain customers and lose others. By bringing in thise Donny Whites I ensured that I didn't put a penny into that company. As a film lover that business will almost certainly have lost thousands in the 10+ years that followed. If it was worthwhile then as a business it has been a success. Ironically we've got a stag do in March where we planned to do a bit of football hospitality to start the day off, this isn't the reason for us not using Rovers (no visibility of prices was) but it will certainly ease the guilt on the day.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on January 25, 2018, 03:19:19 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Every business takes a conscientious decision which may bring in certain customers and lose others. By bringing in thise Donny Whites I ensured that I didn't put a penny into that company. As a film lover that business will almost certainly have lost thousands in the 10+ years that followed. If it was worthwhile then as a business it has been a success. Ironically we've got a stag do in March where we planned to do a bit of football hospitality to start the day off, this isn't the reason for us not using Rovers (no visibility of prices was) but it will certainly ease the guilt on the day.

In that case I presume if this charity match goes ahead you'll stick to your principles and not put a penny further into DRFC by going to any more Rovers matches.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on January 25, 2018, 03:27:22 pm by wesisback »
I've not bought anything from the concourse for two seasons now and have only attended away games this season (the latter is circumstance). I stopped using anything Centreplate provide (of those away games I've been to I've attempted to find out their food provider).
In a Capitalist world I'm a firm believer in voting with my wallet.
Again, you can try and bring the Charity element back in but a poor event doesn't become justified with it.
Nobody has told those females treated like meat this week to pipe down and think of the Children of Great Ormond Street.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 03:43:01 pm by wesisback »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on January 25, 2018, 03:31:44 pm by Copps is Magic »
I really don’t see all what all the fuss is about. This event is NOT going to influence the present or next generation of Doncaster football supporters.
Doncaster has got Leeds, Sheffield Wed, Sheffield Utd, Man Utd, Liverpool, and other Clubs supporters living in the Borough.
But not as many as there were 15/20/30/40 or even 50 years ago.
DRFC is in the strongest position overall ( not talking about league position ) than it has probably ever been in its history.
A proper well respected and well run football club that cares about its local community.
This obsession with Leeds and their supporters Is quite frankly imo
pathetic, sad, and totally ridiculous.
DRFC has its own identity so let’s concentrate on DRFC.

When you say 'influence a generation' it's you who's blowing things out of proportion and kicking up a fuss. No one is getting that hyperbolic apart from you as far as I can see.

What you say is incredibly blinkered. It must be - that is if you can't see the fact that, as a product of being absolutely shite for 30 years or so, we face a very unique challenge in this borough to shift the critical mass of people back towards our club. Being a 'well-respected'  club won't do it. No kid in a playground is telling his/her mates 'That Donny are a well-respected club, I'm going back next week'.

You say it's to do with an obsession with Leeds ignoring the very basic fact that football is about rivalries, opposition; you're playing someone different every week and its absolutely necessary to have a rivalry. It's intrinsically part of the whole f**king system. The only obsession with Leeds appears to be with the people on this forum. There's a thread on them on here every week it seems, and half the contributors are on this thread saying they don't 'understand this whole thing'!

Lastly why is it beyond the realms of possibility that such an event would sway people towards supporting Leeds? Its about the only thing they've got isn't it? highlighting their 'great' history? Because they equally been relatively shite also for a long time. If one kid dragged along by his dad, or one 'mate' dragged along with his mate is even momentarily inclined in that direction, then it was a mistake to host it in our stadium as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 03:34:18 pm by Copps is Magic »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on January 25, 2018, 03:42:34 pm by RedJ »

In that case I presume if this charity match goes ahead you'll stick to your principles and not put a penny further into DRFC by going to any more Rovers matches.

Wait, it's a charity MATCH? I hadn't read anything about the event and I thought it was just a Q&A type thing, Jesus.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on January 25, 2018, 04:18:43 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Wait, it's a charity MATCH? I hadn't read anything about the event and I thought it was just a Q&A type thing, Jesus.

Ooops! My mistake, it is just a Q&A. My fingers got carried away with themselves..!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012