Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 02:26:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A really good result  (Read 5979 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
A really good result
« on January 20, 2018, 05:00:49 pm by Dare to dream! »
Losing 2-0, Butler off injured and to get a draw against one of the best teams in the division is an excellent result! Well done to the boys!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Superspy

• VSC Member
Re: A really good result
« Reply #1 on January 20, 2018, 05:01:23 pm by Superspy »
Yup, a cracking result considering the way the game panned out. Hope the injuries aren't too bad.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 20, 2018, 05:04:19 pm by glosterred »
I bet the doom mongers were sharpening their crayons when we were 2 down. A good come back, pity about the injuries to Butler and Ben the Chemist. Hope their not out for too long, especially Buts

COYR

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 20, 2018, 05:05:39 pm by mushRTID »
That’s a good point. I feared the worst when I read Ben Khemmis had been clattered and we were playing the last 5 minutes with 10 men.

Get in lads.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 20, 2018, 05:06:58 pm by LincsRover »
Would definitely have taken that result at the start of the day, but even more so after being 2 down! Well done rovers!!  :rtid:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 20, 2018, 05:07:09 pm by RoversAlias »
Terrific comeback, against one of the league's best sides without Butler. Real fight shown.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 20, 2018, 05:07:43 pm by drfchound »
I bet the doom mongers were sharpening their crayons when we were 2 down. A good come back, pity about the injuries to Butler and Ben the Chemist. Hope their not out for too long, especially Buts

COYR

Why try to turn the thread with a comment like that.
On the TLO thread it was good comments all the way, even at 2-0 down.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 20, 2018, 05:11:08 pm by glosterred »

COYR

Because the comment was probably correct at 2 down, if you don’t like it, were you sharpening your crayons?

COYR

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 20, 2018, 05:11:48 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Good result had to fight for it and get a bit of luck.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 20, 2018, 05:14:19 pm by drfchound »

COYR

Because the comment was probably correct at 2 down, if you don’t like it, were you sharpening your crayons?

COYR

Are you someone else in disguise trying to start a battle between our supporters ?

Like I said, at 2-0 down on the TLO thread, all the comments were good.

Have a look and see if I was doing what you are suggesting.

WarwickRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 20, 2018, 05:15:59 pm by WarwickRover »
At 2-0 down and i was thinking 'here we go again'. Great result, feels more like a win than a draw

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 20, 2018, 05:19:12 pm by Jonathan »
French connection.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 20, 2018, 05:20:46 pm by IDM »
At 2-0 down on lucky pint, at least 2 posters called it "game over" and at least one said we'd struggle to get a point...

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 20, 2018, 05:22:30 pm by anne honemous »
It's a good point. Would have taken it beforehand and at pretty much any point during the game so I'm delighted.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 20, 2018, 05:22:50 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
I had the right monk on at half time. Probably supplemented by having a few pints before the game but I had the arse on nonetheless. I take defeats much more personally after a few ales. Well pleased with that result though. The team showed great spirit coming back.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 20, 2018, 05:24:13 pm by drfchound »
At 2-0 down on lucky pint, at least 2 posters called it "game over" and at least one said we'd struggle to get a point...

Agreed but it was just a summary of how things were at that time, there was no moaning.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 20, 2018, 05:25:39 pm by donnievic »
After watching 1st half we were shocking as in pos worst half of the season,think we touched ball twice in their box 2nd half half came out with bit more fight which helped playin Beestin up as 1st half ball was just coming straight back.2nd half they were nearly as bad as us

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 20, 2018, 05:25:48 pm by Filo »

One was me, I also said earlier in the thread that the formation needed changing, thankfully Fergie saw that and we have a point, we're not very good at containment, we're much better on the front foot

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 20, 2018, 05:27:21 pm by IDM »
Maybe not moaning per se, but does calling 2-0 down after 52 minutes "game over" make any sense at all?  Grinds my gears that does...

Admittedly it is hard to see a way back, 2-0 down away at one of the league's best sides, but anything can happen, especially with so much time to go..

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 20, 2018, 05:28:45 pm by roversdude »
Was expecting an appearance from the ELF of Doom this evening

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 20, 2018, 05:29:40 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Agreed but it was just a summary of how things were at that time, there was no moaning.

We'll let you off. It wasn't really a 'shooting' offence! 😃

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 20, 2018, 05:30:48 pm by drfchound »
Maybe not moaning per se, but does calling 2-0 down after 52 minutes "game over" make any sense at all?  Grinds my gears that does...

Admittedly it is hard to see a way back, 2-0 down away at one of the league's best sides, but anything can happen, especially with so much time to go..

Yep, but you said it yourself, "hard to see a way back, 2-0 down away at one of the leagues best sides".
Is there anything wrong with someone saying that ?

Crikey, just enjoy the fact that we got the point.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 05:59:59 pm by drfchound »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 20, 2018, 05:32:16 pm by drfchound »

We'll let you off. It wasn't really a 'shooting' offence! 😃

LoL, I am claiming some of the credit for the point for the two posts I made before the goals.
Two assists to add to my match stats.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 20, 2018, 05:32:53 pm by glosterred »

COYR

COYR

Are you someone else in disguise trying to start a battle between our supporters ?

A simple yes or no would have sufficed, but as I said if we’d have lost 2 nil there would have been people straight on here giving it large how poor we are, how DF isn’t good enough, how we are relegation fodder. So coming back from 2 down to get a point has pissed on their chips for tonight at least

By the way it wasn’t put their to start a battle but to take the piss out of them

COYR

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 20, 2018, 05:35:22 pm by drfchound »

COYR

COYR

A simple yes or no would have sufficed, but as I said if we’d have lost 2 nil there would have been people straight on here giving it large how poor we are, how DF isn’t good enough, how we are relegation fodder. So coming back from 2 down to get a point has pissed on their chips for tonight at least

By the way it wasn’t put their to start a battle but to take the piss out of them

COYR

So lets say that you are glad it didn't happen, just the same as the rest of our supporters are.

On the yes or no thing, no I wasn't sharpening my crayons because at no time was I going to have a moan.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 20, 2018, 05:42:26 pm by chrisd_123 »
Great result that really shows how much this team are growing with DF.

In the relegation season and even the first half of this season, we'd have gone on to lose that 3/4-0 today. Wigan away anyone?

But since mid November, we seem to have found some grit to go with the talent this team clearly has. The young players are getting more and more experience and it's showing in the results. We've had good wins vs Northampton and Rochdale where they showed a bit of class but also now picking up wins and draws in games we would have normally lost (MK Dons at home, today etc).

Shout to Alfie Beestin again though. Wasn't there today but sounds like he's made another good impact. Looking like this lad could have a bright future.

If you can't win, don't lose. And this team, at the minute, don't look like they are going to roll over which is great to see.

I may be being overly optimistic but it's nice to see a Rovers team really digging in because over the past few years, we certainly haven't seen that!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 20, 2018, 05:44:35 pm by Jonathan »
We’ve gone away and got an excellent point at one of the top teams. And the hot topic on the forum is a disagreement over how people may have reacted if we’d lost. A cynic might suggest it offers a reasonable indication.

Anyhow, we’ve come back to get results from a few losing positions this season and it’s encouraging that the team has this fight in it. Credit to Ferguson too for making the positive changes when we were behind.

Beestin has to start on Tuesday for me.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 20, 2018, 05:45:30 pm by drfchound »
 :that:

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 20, 2018, 05:49:27 pm by graingrover »
First half we were second best in every department and I would have given the top mark to Mason and that would only have been a 6!
          Butler's absence must have put the fire in the bellies though the substitutions were clever. I would pick out three for special praise in that second half , Wright a hero , Matty never stopped , Beestin seemed to sow together the midfield and we started getting passes to the man and creating space . Off day for JH and Copps in that poor first half .
          Don't let anybody claim Shrewsbury ran out of
 steam they never stopped contesting every ball.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 20, 2018, 05:53:55 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Like many people, I wasn't expecting too much against a team as good as Shewsbury.......even more so when we went 2 down. But, wow, what a fight back, eh? Made my weekend, it did!  :thumbsup:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012