Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:15:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rubbish  (Read 7937 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Rubbish
« Reply #30 on February 12, 2018, 09:53:07 pm by silent majority »
I’m not having a go, I’m saying everything is done on the cheap, we need established quality which isn’t cheap but without a bit of investment we’re going to be watching crap till god knows when.

Why on earth play Rowe at left back is a joke? I think it’s fair to say we’re 4 or 5 good players short.

When you say 'everything is done on the cheap' what do you mean by that?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 12, 2018, 10:38:13 pm by PDX_Rover »
I’ve be end watching Beestin the last few games. He’s a very exciting prospect imo. Inventive, good movement, shields the ball well and holds it up to bring others into play. Always wants the ball. And he has goals in him too. I think he potentially is a very, very good player in the making. Seems to be well-grounded too.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 12, 2018, 10:52:50 pm by Campsall rover »
Well guys, it’s my first post in ages and deliberately so... after attending the Bristol rovers, Charlton and Shrewsbury games it’s quite clear we’re very poor.

How does df organise his teams? We are set up wrong in nearly every game, no vision, no pace and definitely no attacking motive.

Secondly, the board!! 3 years into a 5 year plan we’re struggling to stay up, attendances are above the budget, and there plan is clearly dead in the water.

This board clearly stated about the dons and rovers progressing.... rovers are static...no improvement whatsoever, the dons in a lower league than when the plan was out....

If the board arnt upto it, lets try and progress otherwise because it’s boring and it’s there for all to see absolutely no ambition, the performances are shite and boring...

My opinion by the way... no digs or pops!
Well that’s what I call a negative post. Be careful what you wish for. Most clubs would love to have owners like ours. If you think they have no ambition why do you think they are bothering to be involved with the club at all. They have forked out several million pounds on this club. Do you think they are doing that just for the hell of it?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 13, 2018, 07:17:02 am by roversdude »
Think you’ve been waiting for a run of defeats to start spouting negativity, unfortunately we are holding our own without playing well so decided to be a WUM

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 13, 2018, 08:11:27 am by dickos1 »
Correct

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 13, 2018, 10:00:47 am by Cantley Rover »
Think you’ve been waiting for a run of defeats to start spouting negativity, unfortunately we are holding our own without playing well so decided to be a WUM

Having won only once in the last 9 games you think we are holding our own? I can see why some non ultra positive fans might be a little negative. Maybe they have good memories and can't see where a win is going to come from? We have been here before remember.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 13, 2018, 10:04:23 am by dickos1 »
If 1 defeat in 11 or 9 or however you want to portray isn't holding your own then what is.
Are we lower in the table than we were 11 or 9 games ago? Closer to relegation zone?
No

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 13, 2018, 10:15:52 am by idler »
Dickos, looking behind at the chasing pack is only like looking at the sky to decide whether or not to take an umbrella out when it is cloudy.
We are in a decentish position but after two collapses at the back end of recent seasons surely you can understand our fans concern. I don't think that we will go down but then I again I didn't expect our last two relegations either.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 13, 2018, 10:55:30 am by raggytash »
I’m not being negative at all, what I’m saying is we’re playing awful almost week in week out and somehow nicking a point.... it’s terrible to watch and there’s no style or substance to our play whatsoever.

Nearly ever goal we concede is a set piece... what are they doing about it in training??? If things like this can’t be sorted after 3 quarters of a season surely the coaching staff needs looking at.... were well on with being the lowest scorers too... what does that suggest?? Our strikers are not good enough or the supply to them isn’t?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 13, 2018, 11:09:18 am by dickos1 »
Dickos, looking behind at the chasing pack is only like looking at the sky to decide whether or not to take an umbrella out when it is cloudy.
We are in a decentish position but after two collapses at the back end of recent seasons surely you can understand our fans concern. I don't think that we will go down but then I again I didn't expect our last two relegations either.

I wouldn't call last season a collapse, and the year before we were already losing games by now and had less points on the board.

I agree we shouldn't ignore below but nobody at all is mentioning above and we're much closer to the top 10/11 than we are the bottom 4

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 13, 2018, 11:43:49 am by RoversAlias »

Having won only once in the last 9 games you think we are holding our own? I can see why some non ultra positive fans might be a little negative. Maybe they have good memories and can't see where a win is going to come from? We have been here before remember.

Of course we're holding our own, not getting beat and getting creditable draws away to top sides like Shrewsbury, Scunthorpe and Portsmouth.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 13, 2018, 11:48:04 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I’m not being negative at all

Are you saying you're being positive but nobody's noticed?

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 13, 2018, 12:53:44 pm by Pancho Regan »
Of course he's not being negative.

Didn't you see the title of the thread.....?

;)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 13, 2018, 12:57:35 pm by dickos1 »
To be fair I think Most of the people negative on here even convince themselves that they aren't being negative

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 13, 2018, 01:33:33 pm by the vicar »
Well guys, it’s my first post in ages and deliberately so... after attending the Bristol rovers, Charlton and Shrewsbury games it’s quite clear we’re very poor.

How does df organise his teams? We are set up wrong in nearly every game, no vision, no pace and definitely no attacking motive.

Secondly, the board!! 3 years into a 5 year plan we’re struggling to stay up, attendances are above the budget, and there plan is clearly dead in the water.

This board clearly stated about the dons and rovers progressing.... rovers are static...no improvement whatsoever, the dons in a lower league than when the plan was out....

If the board arnt upto it, lets try and progress otherwise because it’s boring and it’s there for all to see absolutely no ambition, the performances are shite and boring...

My opinion by the way... no digs or pops!
Well that’s what I call a negative post. Be careful what you wish for. Most clubs would love to have owners like ours. If you think they have no ambition why do you think they are bothering to be involved with the club at all. They have forked out several million pounds on this club. Do you think they are doing that just for the hell of it?

not everything has to be positive people that tell the truth just tell the truth weather negative or positive and don't do what the others do and pull the wool over others eyes
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 02:05:32 pm by the vicar »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 13, 2018, 01:38:23 pm by Filo »
Whats Golf got to do with owt?

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 13, 2018, 01:47:17 pm by Cantley Rover »

I wouldn't call last season a collapse, and the year before we were already losing games by now and had less points on the board.

I agree we shouldn't ignore below but nobody at all is mentioning above and we're much closer to the top 10/11 than we are the bottom 4

So from being red hot favourites to end up as champions to finishing third last season wans't a collapse? It was a good job we didn't have many more games to play otherwise we would have been in the play offs.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 13, 2018, 01:49:57 pm by dickos1 »
The whole reason it happened was because the players thought it was job done after winning promotion with 5 games to go.
The year before the collapse was mid season not the end as we actually won 2 of our last few games.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 13, 2018, 01:54:16 pm by Cantley Rover »
The whole reason it happened was because the players thought it was job done after winning promotion with 5 games to go.
The year before the collapse was mid season not the end as we actually won 2 of our last few games.

Yes you are correct that the players thought it was job done. Once we had guaranteed promotion they thought they were on holiday. Unfortunately we as fans wanted to see Rovers promoted as champions. Do we not matter?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 13, 2018, 01:59:16 pm by IDM »
The other point about the last few games was that all our opponents had something to play for, ie confirming the play offs or avoiding relegation.

Shouldn't have stopped us winning one, but it's in the past now.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 13, 2018, 02:01:53 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Let's hope the players have learnt their lesson and don't take safety for granted this season, like some of our fans seem to be doing!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 13, 2018, 02:02:02 pm by Chris Black come back »

Yes you are correct that the players thought it was job done. Once we had guaranteed promotion they thought they were on holiday. Unfortunately we as fans wanted to see Rovers promoted as champions. Do we not matter?

Not just fans. The manager set a clear, publicly stated goal of winning the title. From that point on the team lost every single game.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 13, 2018, 02:03:12 pm by the vicar »
If everyone came on here to just kiss each other's arses and blow smoke up eath other then why is there need for a forum

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 13, 2018, 02:06:06 pm by the vicar »
read it again mate

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 13, 2018, 02:15:54 pm by dickos1 »

You're changing your arguement which seems to be a common theme on here.
You said if the season had continued any longer then we wouldn't have got promoted but now you're agreeing it only happened because the players had already won promotion

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on February 13, 2018, 02:16:23 pm by dickos1 »

Not just fans. The manager set a clear, publicly stated goal of winning the title. From that point on the team lost every single game.

Well no they actually drew the next game

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 13, 2018, 02:19:42 pm by Filo »
read it again mate

You little tinker you've changed it, that'll learn me to make sure I quote it next time 😀😀😀😀

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on February 13, 2018, 02:20:11 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
If everyone came on here to just kiss each other's arses and blow smoke up eath other then why is there need for a forum

Does that mean you only use it to wind people up?

I presume that when you post something from now on you'd want everybody to completely disagree with you otherwise it's a waste of a forum! :lol:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 02:22:12 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 13, 2018, 02:26:56 pm by the vicar »
read it again mate

You little tinker you've changed it, that'll learn me to make sure I quote it next time 😀😀😀😀
lol predictive text mate

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 13, 2018, 02:34:24 pm by the vicar »

Does that mean you only use it to wind people up?

I presume that when you post something from now on you'd want everybody to completely disagree with you otherwise it's a waste of a forum! :lol:
you really don't understand the concept of a forum do you, well a forum is to talk about All things not to just come on here and agree with people like you it is to have a difference of opinion.  I don't want anyone to agree or disagree with me or anyone else just have there own opinions and be truthful as they could be
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 02:37:01 pm by the vicar »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012