Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:25:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ferguson  (Read 14003 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Ferguson
« Reply #90 on February 15, 2018, 12:10:39 pm by RoversAlias »
Fergie says it's "back to basics" this weekend so I hope that means 4 at the back with Garratt and Mason and with Rowe in midfield.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on February 15, 2018, 12:14:16 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Fergie says it's "back to basics" this weekend so I hope that means 4 at the back with Garratt and Mason and with Rowe in midfield.

So do I, the question is why tinker with it if it's working?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on February 15, 2018, 12:20:34 pm by Campsall rover »
It's an absolutely ridiculous arguement, you're all going on that 3 at the back is the only reason we're struggling. We played 4 on Saturday which is arguably the worst we've played all season
Well we didn’t .....lose did we and we only conceded 1 goal and as you obviously didn’t go to Walsall I can tell you we were much worse than on Saturday. Yes it’s hard to believe isn’t it. That’s how bad it was Dickos.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on February 15, 2018, 12:40:47 pm by dickos1 »
Yes, both terrible performances one with 4 at back one with 3.
Too simplistic to suggest it's all because of the system.
Players need to take responsibility!
A lot of them have under performed the last two games
Irrespective of the system

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on February 15, 2018, 07:30:39 pm by drfchound »
Dickos, can I ask you a question?

Our form has slipped. What would you do?

I think it's our home form that's the worry, so is work at ways to be more successful at home, our away form is decent when you look at the recent results. If we'd had better at home we'd be on a good run at the minute.

I'd definitely play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3
Have Rowe and Blair further up the pitch, mason and Garrett full backs,  McCullough /houghton in middle and I'd be tempted to start kiwomya with marquis

Dickos, those formations that you mention are the ones, particularly 4-4-2, that most supporters can see will suit the players we have the best.
DF clearly does not agree and the lack of wins proves it.
This is one of the things that is turning people against him.

We've played far more games with 4 at back rather than 3 this season
So not sure your point proves anything with regards lack of wins

Without going back over all the matches I don’t know whether we have or not, however, clearly, we started with three at the back on Tuesday and got stuffed.
He started the team that way with players who can’t play that system.
Why?
We obviously haven’t won enough games this season and my bet, without checking back of course, is that plenty of the defeats have come about by starting with a back three.

Also, going back to a previous point of discussion between us, there are more and more posters showing discontent with DF, not “just the same old faces” as you put it.

Exactly you don't know but still stating it as a fact. There may be a couple more moaning but there's still the majority who are fed up with the constant negative posts from the same old negative people

Can’t you read.
I havent stated it as a fact.
I said it was MY BET that plenty of the defeats have come about by starting with a back three.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on February 15, 2018, 07:54:12 pm by dickos1 »
Well you'd be wrong

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on February 15, 2018, 07:56:26 pm by drfchound »
Well you'd be wrong

Is that a fact then.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on February 15, 2018, 09:13:38 pm by Campsall rover »
Dickos you are impossible. Waste of time anybody having a debate with you because you can’t accept anyone else may have a valid argument. You can believe what you want in your own little fantasy world, but unfortunately you are not, it would seem to be living in the real world where DRFC are concerned.
I just can’t understand that you can’t or possibly or just don’t want to see what is quite glaringly stareing us in the face.
I admire your positive attitude, I really do as I am a very positive person always looking to turn a negative into a positive.
You are entitled to your view as that is what this forum is about but you have to accept other people’s views without accusing us all of being negative. WE ARE RIGHT TO BE CONCERNED AS DF HAS GOT HISTORY. 2016 & Blowing the Title. We came 3rd in a one horse race.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on February 15, 2018, 09:49:30 pm by dickos1 »
Don't give me that 3rd in a one horse race nonsense, we achieved one of the esssiest promotions we've had yet people like you just go on about the final 4 games of a 46 game season. And then say you're positive.

What is the difference between me not accepting your point of view and you not accepting mine? We don't agree, simple as that.
And a few agree with you because they've not wanted Ferguson from day one.
There's also quite a few who agree with me, look at the poll and all the polls that have ever been done on the subject.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on February 15, 2018, 10:15:27 pm by Campsall rover »
Don't give me that 3rd in a one horse race nonsense, we achieved one of the esssiest promotions we've had yet people like you just go on about the final 4 games of a 46 game season. And then say you're positive.

What is the difference between me not accepting your point of view and you not accepting mine? We don't agree, simple as that.
There's also quite a few who agree with me, look at the poll and all the polls that have ever been done on the subject.
I was furious we blew the title. Promotion was won and the next goal was winning the title.
I wanted to see us parade that trophy around Doncaster and the Keepmoat. Pride in our club, the publicity it creates in the media and finishing the season on a high. Even more important than that we would have been the only football league club to have been champions 4 times of both the 3rd tier and 4th tier of English football.
If that has no relevance to you fool you.
As Billy Bremner’s autobiography title. YOU GET NOWT FOR BEING SECOND.
That day at Brentford made me proud that day at Hartlepool made me feel sick.
YES IT WAS IMPORTANT VERY IMPORTANT WE WON THAT TITLE LAST SEASON.
PORTSMOUTH AND PLYMOUTH WERE LAUGHING AT US.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on February 15, 2018, 10:28:03 pm by drfchound »

I was furious we blew the title. Promotion was won and the next goal was winning the title.
I wanted to see us parade that trophy around Doncaster and the Keepmoat. Pride in our club, the publicity it creates in the media and finishing the season on a high. Even more important than that we would have been the only football league club to have been champions 4 times of both the 3rd tier and 4th tier of English football.
If that has no relevance to you fool you.
As Billy Bremner’s autobiography title. YOU GET NOWT FOR BEING SECOND.
That day at Brentford made me proud that day at Hartlepool made me feel sick.
YES IT WAS IMPORTANT VERY IMPORTANT WE WON THAT TITLE LAST SEASON.
PORTSMOUTH AND PLYMOUTH WERE LAUGHING AT US.

Boom.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on February 15, 2018, 10:29:43 pm by Campsall rover »
Well you'd be wrong

Is that a fact then.
Hound you are wasting your time. I would give up. I don’t know why I keep getting drawn into replying to his ripostes. We are all negative sado’s aren’t we ? He has to have the last say, so let him.
Keep him happy. This is playground stuff again. I used to have more grown up debates when I was at school age 12 years.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on February 15, 2018, 10:38:36 pm by drfchound »
He is probably researching his notes to see if it is a fact.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on February 15, 2018, 10:46:11 pm by dickos1 »
You two are funny
you're the ones turning it childish, you can't handle that not everyone is so negative!
Your right I didn't think the title was that important, the aim last season was promotion and we achieved it much easier than anyone predicted. So left people like you with nothing to moan about, the only thing those last 4 games did was give you back an opportunity to moan.

Hound you said the top ten was a pipe dream this season, we got there and you said it was only because we'd played poor sides. You just can't be happy

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on February 15, 2018, 10:58:36 pm by RoversAlias »
Got to be honest, once the initial disappointment of blowing the title had worn off I didn't give a toss anymore and still don't. We got promoted, that was what we needed to do last season and we did it. Before the season started, and indeed after 3/4 games, it didn't look anywhere near a sure thing that we would even go up so I'm very glad we made such light work of it in the end.

As for other teams laughing at us? It's football, every team's set of fans laugh at every other team's fans for endless reasons all the time. Once the season started we were in the same league as Pompey and Plymouth and on the same number of points. Incidentally, in four games against the pair of them this season we are undefeated and have earned 8 points to their respective 1 each. So it's ancient history.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on February 15, 2018, 11:57:48 pm by Campsall rover »
Got to be honest, once the initial disappointment of blowing the title had worn off I didn't give a toss anymore and still don't. We got promoted, that was what we needed to do last season and we did it. Before the season started, and indeed after 3/4 games, it didn't look anywhere near a sure thing that we would even go up so I'm very glad we made such light work of it in the end.

As for other teams laughing at us? It's football, every team's set of fans laugh at every other team's fans for endless reasons all the time. Once the season started we were in the same league as Pompey and Plymouth and on the same number of points. Incidentally, in four games against the pair of them this season we are undefeated and have earned 8 points to their respective 1 each. So it's ancient history.
Depends on you attitude though doesn’t it. Winners in life want to come first not second or third.
What do you think Alex Ferguson’s attitude to blowing a title in that manner would have been.
Well it wouldn’t have happened I can tell you.
We completely took our foot off the gas. Last 5 games not 4 by the way. Colchester, Blackpool, Wycombe, Exeter & Hartlepool.  1 draw 4 defeats. Yes to me it matters, ask DF if it matters and if he is honest he will tell you it mattered, it will have hurt big time.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on February 15, 2018, 11:58:49 pm by RedJ »
You two are funny
you're the ones turning it childish, you can't handle that not everyone is so negative!
Your right I didn't think the title was that important, the aim last season was promotion and we achieved it much easier than anyone predicted. So left people like you with nothing to moan about, the only thing those last 4 games did was give you back an opportunity to moan.

Hound you said the top ten was a pipe dream this season, we got there and you said it was only because we'd played poor sides. You just can't be happy

We were there for about a week. :laugh: Or did the season end at the end of that week?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on February 16, 2018, 12:01:28 am by dickos1 »
Irrelevant how long we were there!
Top 10 was nothing but a pipe dream, when we got there it was because we'd been lucky and only played poor sides

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on February 16, 2018, 12:03:58 am by dickos1 »

Depends on you attitude though doesn’t it. Winners in life want to come first not second or third.
What do you think Alex Ferguson’s attitude to blowing a title in that manner would have been.
We completely took our foot off the gas. Last 5 games not 4 by the way. Colchester, Blackpool, Wycombe, Exeter & Hartlepool.  1 draw 4 defeats. Yes to me it matters, ask DF if it matters and if he is honest he will tell you it mattered, it will have hurt big time.

Ferguson has said plenty of times it mattered, but I guarantee you he won't be pissing and whining about it 10 months later.

Drawing away at Colchester wasn't taking the foot off the gas, do you think we should just win every game?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on February 16, 2018, 12:13:11 am by Campsall rover »

Ferguson has said plenty of times it mattered, but I guarantee you he won't be pissing and whining about it 10 months later.

Drawing away at Colchester wasn't taking the foot off the gas, do you think we should just win every game?
One more point that was all we needed.
You brought the subject up. Yes I had forgotten about it. Just using it to make a point.
Good night, sleep well.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on February 16, 2018, 12:18:06 am by dickos1 »
One more point was all we needed for what?
You said we took the foot off gas last 5 games, drawing away at Colchester was just a decent away result

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on February 16, 2018, 01:43:59 am by RoversAlias »

If you say so. I want to come 1st too but I don't get upset about it for nearly a whole year afterwards if it doesn't happen. Comparing to Alex Ferguson is pointless, he may be Darren's dad but he's also one of the most successful managers in the history of the sport and was managing in a different world to the one inhabited by Doncaster Rovers.

We were okay at Colchester, the games came thick and fast and we simply didn't play well enough against Blackpool or Exeter (I wasn't at the Wycombe game). Fergie said that he and the squad grew complacent because they felt it was job done after promotion and he regrets that, but it's done now and as I said we started this season in the league we needed to be in and on the same number of points as Portsmouth, Plymouth and everyone else from AFC Wimbledon to Wigan. Last season is now irrelevant, ancient history as I said, as is the season before.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on February 16, 2018, 08:38:00 am by Campsall rover »
I agree it’s done now. I had forgotten it. It’s the past dead and buried. I only brought it up in reply to one of Dickos posts when he mentioned it on one or two of his previous jibes about people looking back at the past failings.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on February 16, 2018, 08:45:08 am by dickos1 »
Mate
What you talking about?
You brought it up by saying we came 3rd in a one horse race. And saying Ferguson had history.
It was the only time it was mentioned on this thread.

So no you werent replying to me

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on February 16, 2018, 08:51:00 am by Campsall rover »
Mate
What you talking about?
You brought it up by saying we came 3rd in a one horse race. And saying Ferguson had history.
It was the only time it was mentioned on this thread.

So no you werent replying to me
Stop calling me mate. I have never met you ok.
I give up Dickos. Waste of time all you want to do is argue. I will not be replying to any more of your texts. Said it before and got drawn into it again. This time I mean it.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on February 16, 2018, 08:51:57 am by Campsall rover »
Posts not texts of course sorry.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on February 16, 2018, 09:05:05 am by dickos1 »
Ok mate I'll just read your lies and let you get on with it.
You can't just make up something using my name and not expect me to say anything back.
Unless you think you're above everyone on here of course

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on February 16, 2018, 09:29:30 am by knockers »
With four games to go last season no bookie would accept a bet on Rovers winning the title. Pompey were 20-1 at that stage
We blew it for the title but we went up which was the goal for the season.

Disappointing as it was though I’d take third and that Grimsby away performance. Just wish the season had ended in Cleethorpes

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on February 16, 2018, 10:44:47 am by Chris Black come back »
I do not think Ferguson is a bad manager at all and he is certainly not doing a bad job with us.

The truth is though that he is doing an average job with us and we are mediocre.

I would like a manager who can make a team greater than the sum of its parts. A manager who can add 10pc by himself. Get players playing out of their skin for him.

Ferguson has a record of mediocrity with us. I hope this changes, but all the evidence points to us treading water under Ferguson. 

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on February 16, 2018, 01:04:25 pm by dickos1 »
I do not think Ferguson is a bad manager at all and he is certainly not doing a bad job with us.

The truth is though that he is doing an average job with us and we are mediocre.

I would like a manager who can make a team greater than the sum of its parts. A manager who can add 10pc by himself. Get players playing out of their skin for him.

Ferguson has a record of mediocrity with us. I hope this changes, but all the evidence points to us treading water under Ferguson. 

I agree with all this

TinyPortal © 2005-2012